Page 254 of 463 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254255256264304354 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 4621

Thread: Random Thoughts

Forum Addict
    More of a TR-6 fan, myself...

:D
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Who the "F" stands up while a small craft is in motion?

The driver is the best, BOUNCE... BOUNCE... I'm done...... BLAMM
    "Friendships come in strange packages
    The best ones are opened with a smile"

NA4BH '15

Speed is always a factor. He should go to drunk school.

Looks like he is a freshman at "The Blue Man" College.
    "Friendships come in strange packages
    The best ones are opened with a smile"

NA4BH '15

Tiki Bearer
    Good thing the boats are usually padded pretty well. It could have ended a lot worse than it did.
    73 de K0KDS
    Kevin

SK Member (Late April, 2019) W4RLR's Avatar
    I sometimes wonder if I am more a Libertarian than a Republican. I cringe when I hear dumb ass statements about abortion and women's rights from some on the Republican side of the political spectrum. Not all Republicans are extreme on the issues that are important to the nation, and I think those of us who are moderates tend to be ignored.

Just for the record, I'm not rich, have no secret Swiss bank accounts (though I did have a Dutch Postbank account once), I believe a woman's health should be an issue only between a doctor and the woman, I have a gay sister and many gay friends, and believe that government works best when it governs least.

Finally, I believe neither party is true to the principles on which they were originally founded. Those in power in both parties have contorted and prostituted themselves to special interests for the sake of garnering funds. In short, our political system is the best that money can buy.

If that makes me a cynical old bastard, guilty as charged.
    Last edited by W4RLR; 09-06-2012 at 02:31 AM.
    73 de Richard W4RLR
    Southern born,
    Southern bred, centrist conservative.
    Posting messages via HughesNet satellite internet.

Retired U.S. Air Force NCO
    Member, Sons of Confederate Veterans
    The Ancient Order of Turtles
    ARRL, SPAR, Six Meters Worldwide, Chattanooga ARC
    ARRL Accredited VE

Is that what COB means?
    Well now we know and knowing is half the battle!

Forum Addict
    Libertarianism sounds OK, but it's amazing how quickly the discussion can progress to Randian-level weirdness.
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Know anyone who has one of these? I do!
    A fellow Ruck rider was given this in Charlotte tonight for cutting the hair of a SS agent who, and check this out, WANTS A RUCKUS! Said all the other SS agents make fun of him for wanting one.

Tiki Bearer
    Quote Originally Posted by W4RLR View Post
    I sometimes wonder if I am more a Libertarian than a Republican. I cringe when I hear dumb ass statements about abortion and women's rights from some on the Republican side of the political spectrum. Not all Republicans are extreme on the issues that are important to the nation, and I think those of us who are moderates tend to be ignored.

Just for the record, I'm not rich, have no secret Swiss bank accounts (though I did have a Dutch Postbank account once), I believe a woman's health should be an issue only between a doctor and the woman, I have a gay sister and many gay friends, and believe that government works best when it governs least.

Finally, I believe neither party is true to the principles on which they were originally founded. Those in power in both parties have contorted and prostituted themselves to special interests for the sake of garnering funds. In short, our political system is the best that money can buy.

If that makes me a cynical old bastard, guilty as charged.
    You speak the truth, brother. I'm right there with you. I am always torn during election time. This year, I think I'm voting for Gary Johnson, but I haven't fully decided. He is the only one I haven't met yet.
    73 de K0KDS
    Kevin