Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I worked a celebrity yesterday!

Undisclosed solar powered burrow in Southern Maryland

I worked a celebrity yesterday!

Bob Curry KC3VO on 10m! I called CQ on 28.400 and this OMG over S9 signal comes in blasting mah poor bunneh rig with a full bucket and a half of RF goodness. W3BNY this is KC3VO how copy After a few expletives that I will have to go to confession for (was wearing a headset at the time and the volume was up)... I returned his call and had a nice qso. I had no idea who the guy was other than a very...VERY strong signal. Then he started mentioning his backpack rig and again... OMG UR THE GUY WITH THE 2KW BACK...SQUEE! Nice guy and tons of information. Lives around here where I work! Anyhow. Gotta send that card in!

[youtube:2uybii7k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxp_Nsa54_Q[/youtube:2uybii7k]
    Yeah...I'm a furry...Deal with it!

Re: I worked a celebrity yesterday!

There is a difference between celebrity and infamy.

Both get you into the newspaper (radio, TV, video, YouTube, etc.). One is a touch more desireable than the other. Although sometimes I think some don't get which is which...
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Banned

Well, that's one way to ensure you'll never have to pay child support.

Say what you want... But, I thought it was neat/interesting on how he could wring 2Kw plus out of a 5 watt rig on LiPo batteries for an hour. Let me know when you chooch's work something up like that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by w3bny
    Say what you want... But, I thought it was neat/interesting on how he could wring 2Kw plus out of a 5 watt rig on LiPo batteries for an hour. Let me know when you chooch's work something up like that.
    Don't get me wrong, it's interesting and unusual. Not something I would do, but I'd probably be excited if I worked BackpackGuy too. I thought my child support comment was funny though. Come on, you know it was :geek

Quote Originally Posted by N2KKM
    Don't get me wrong, it's interesting and unusual. Not something I would do, but I'd probably be excited if I worked BackpackGuy too. I thought my child support comment was funny though. Come on, you know it was :geek

Didnt say it wasnt funny...hee... To be honest even he said he feels "uncomfortable" above 300 watts. He says he can feel it.

Banned

Didnt say it wasnt funny...hee... To be honest even he said he feels "uncomfortable" above 300 watts. He says he can feel it.
    I'm sure he does. I can tell when I'm in the near field of a hot AM, and FM's give me a migraine if I'm around a site too long. I don't even want to think about 2 kilowatts strapped to my backside, with my head mere inches from the aperture of the antenna. No thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by N2KKM
    I'm sure he does. I can tell when I'm in the near field of a hot AM, and FM's give me a migraine if I'm around a site too long. I don't even want to think about 2 kilowatts strapped to my backside, with my head mere inches from the aperture of the antenna. No thank you.
    Isn't that supposed to cure cancer or something?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kf0rt
    Isn't that supposed to cure cancer or something?
    RF? Sure I suppose, if it's concentrated on a tumor at the right frequency and power level, it probably could kill a tumor. Outside of that, prolonged heating of body tissue from non-ionizing radiation isn't exactly what I'd call healthy.

No excuses on Da 'Bowl:

[youtube:1axiwa6e]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DboZ-MC3U9Y[/youtube:1axiwa6e]
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."