Thread: 8044 type for 2010...

8044 type for 2010...

I know the old Curtis Keyer chips (8043, 8044, 8044ABM) are long out of production.

Out of curiousity, is there a modern day equivalent of this chip available from anywhere?

...yes, I know Curtis sold the line out to MFJ when the company went away, and that for a time they had a chip called the 8045ABM; but I can't find any mention of it on their site, so it to may have gone away too...
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Re: 8044 type for 2010...

You might look at the K1EL chip, Ron.

http://k1el.tripod.com/K10.html

Not sure if you're looking for pin compatibility, but this thing does quite a lot.

There's also the Jackson Harbor stuff here (they appear to sell just the chip):

http://home.att.net/~jacksonharbor/pk4ssr.htm

Most of these things these days are preprogrammed PIC-based microprocessors, or similar; doesn't cost a lot for the whole kit.

There is source code floating around that allows a Parallax BASIC Stamp to function as an iambic keyer.

Another alternative is to find a junked FT-901 or 902. Its integrated keyer used an 8043 (early version) or an 8044 (later, after production lot 8).
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

"Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX
    Schweet! At one time, I wanted to roll my own from scratch, but after looking at the K1EL chip, picked a different project for PIC-type learning. Ended up putting the K1EL board into my project -- it's pretty nice. Added a cheap LCD display and it'll do anything from iambic with paddles to full keyboard. The guy put a lot of thought into it.