Thread: Anyone Buying This?

Re: Anyone Buying This?

Depends on whether you believe the manufacturer's claims.

http://www.ahsystems.com/catalog/AK-18G.php
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

I was under the impression that this was for lab testing functions for engineers in the RF field but I have yet to figure out if it could be used by hams, practically, on FD or whatever. We do generally make our own radiators on the cheap, mostly.
    The ad did turn up in the CB section. Go figure.

SELLER: ComputerMorgue

It's supposedly in MD, but that's a short jump for any [strike:2wo8slo9]conniving[/strike:2wo8slo9] smart operator. Like a certain Rice Krispy Extree.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC
    I was under the impression that this was for lab testing functions for engineers in the RF field but I have yet to figure out if it could be used by hams, practically, on FD or whatever. We do generally make our own radiators on the cheap, mostly.
    The ad did turn up in the CB section. Go figure.
    Hard to believe anything in that box would outperform a $5 dipole at HF.

It is a log-periodic for laboratory testing. If it's anything like the ones my employer uses it has a special amplifier to level out the frequency response (receive only) so it does 1MHz to 1GHz therefore I don't believe the published frequency response of this one even with extra elements. Perhaps at least some zeros and a "k" have been omitted somewhere.