Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: US on 17 Meters

US on 17 Meters

My DXCC status on 17 Meters as of yesterday stands at 115 Worked / 95 Confirmed.

In the process of doing some data mining trying to finagle the last few cards from the unconfirmed, I came across the suprising fact that I haven't actually worked anyone in the US on 17!

[The only close one was when I worked AA3FI Aeronautical Mobile (which doesn't count for DXCC) when he was still flying the US Airways Airbus out of Greater Pitt... guess that makes him Airbus Mobile? ]

Any chance I can set up an evening or weekend (or New Years Day) sked with someone to knock this supposedly easy one off the list?

73, ron w3wn
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Banned

Re: US on 17 Meters

I think 2-4 PM your time would be best to get my neck of the woods.

Ja, might be good for me as well... and we can PSK or CW if needed.

I do have New Years Day off, dunno if I am gonna ski or not...

Mebbe I should pick up a 17 meter hamstick if I am traveling in the mountains?

Had a quickie QSO with Japan the other evening at sunset, mobile on 20. That was cool.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Quote Originally Posted by kc7jty
    I think 2-4 PM your time would be best to get my neck of the woods.
    Agreed, but that means either New Year's Day or this weekend. I normally don't get home from work until after 5 ET.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.

Cutch 2K!!

Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX
    Ja, might be good for me as well... and we can PSK or CW if needed.

I do have New Years Day off, dunno if I am gonna ski or not...

Mebbe I should pick up a 17 meter hamstick if I am traveling in the mountains?

Had a quickie QSO with Japan the other evening at sunset, mobile on 20. That was cool.
    I can't do PSK. I think the data cable I bought for the TS-480 has a problem, as it feeds audio to the computer, but won't accept any back. CW is fine, tho.

I should be home Tuesday & Wednesday evenings around 5. I think we're going to be sent home earlier on Thursday, and I should be home all day on Friday through the weekend, honeydew lists not withstanding. :twisted:

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 2K!!

Banned

my station is a wimp with 100 watts into an omni vertical A-99 10/11 meter antenna through an mfj tuner. I have made good contacts on 17 but usually the other station has a decent antenna.

btw: strictly ssb for this boy. Keep checking this thread, and as Jan 1 gets closer we'll get something to go on. How about 18.14 for a freq?

Although I'm probably too close to Ron for 17 meters, I'd like to join you guys. I'll keep up with the thread, and give it a go when a time and freq is set!
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

I always liked the A-99. My only regret is that the one that I have was given to me without the radial kit, and I passed on an opportunity to buy another one at a hamfest with the radials... and before I changed my mind, it was gone.

It's been in storage since we had to leave the previous QTH. Hopefully this spring, I'll get it back up on the chimney, about the same time I swap out the "temporary" PVC 2 meter antenna for my dual-bander.

I did very well back in the day on 10, 12, and 17 with that antenna. Didn't use it too much on 15, and it may have been a little short for 20, but it would function. I think part of my current problems on the high bands is that the HF6V is just too far away from the house (about 100 feet), and I have too much signal loss.

18.140 sounds like a good idea. New Year's Day, perhaps?

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 2K!!

Quote Originally Posted by ad4mg
    Although I'm probably too close to Ron for 17 meters, ....
    Same problem here. I'll never hear him.
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Underneath the Atomic Ooze of Hanford, WA

Post a time and Freq. I'll be there also.
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q275/nx6d/ham%20radio/SANY1260.jpg