Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snowed in in PA

Snowed in in PA

Hi all, this is my road report. Im in Carlisle, PA right now...big winter storm passing through, should get about a foot of snow. Being from the desert, this is cool as hell!

I hope all of you are enjoying your holiday season, i will be back in Vegas by monday (i think), and back to my usual shenanigans. Will be flying up to Seattle for New Years for a few days, then im home again. Will be back in PA again in a couple of months with my girlfriend.

Im just enjoying time with family and enjoying the colonial experience....because thats how i roll!
    The louder the monkey, the smaller its balls.

Re: Snowed in in PA

Quote Originally Posted by N7YA
    Hi all, this is my road report. Im in Carlisle, PA right now...big winter storm passing through, should get about a foot of snow. Being from the desert, this is cool as hell!

I hope all of you are enjoying your holiday season, i will be back in Vegas by monday (i think), and back to my usual shenanigans. Will be flying up to Seattle for New Years for a few days, then im home again. Will be back in PA again in a couple of months with my girlfriend.

Im just enjoying time with family and enjoying the colonial experience....because thats how i roll!
    Carlisle? So close, and yet so far.

The prediction for Pittsburgh was 1 to 3 inches. As of 11 AM, the ruler on the deck showed 5 inches and still falling. Little Miss Field Day is disappointed, we were supposed to go to a Pirates' Season Ticket Holders event at PNC Park, but it's just not worth the risk.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Yep, still coming down pretty hard here, were probably at about 6" now. I havent been in a good snowfall in a long time so i may go outside and take some pics and put them up on facebook.
    The louder the monkey, the smaller its balls.

got snow in indiana to.

thinking were up to about 2 to 3 inches... havent measured it, but enough i had to clear the walkways off
    I AM THE VOICE OF THE VOICELESS!

It hasn't started here yet. We're supposed to get between 8" and 18" depending on where you live in the City. Right here it's 8" to 14", of course, Kennedy Airport is going to get dumped on and Long Island is forecast to get blizzard conditions...
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Looking close to blizzard here as I look out the front door at work.
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Genuine blizzard conditions here, rather unusual right at the ocean. I'm getting conflicting reports from around the state, as little as 6" to as much as 15" as of 6:00pm and it ain't over 'till Wil Smith lights that cigar.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Blizzard conditions here on the coast. Winds are audibly ripping in the skies above. There was 7" here at 11PM. 14" across the Lower Bay from us. We still have to go through 6 more hours of heavy snowfall here before it starts to lighten up. Should be over at 9 or 10 AM. Dead quiet here right now. VERY unusual for a Saturday night, but everyone is home.

This explains why so many people are born in August here. Ought to see a spike in birthrates in 9 months...
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

3 inches here thats it.
    I AM THE VOICE OF THE VOICELESS!