PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with Echolink and Ubuntu

W9PSK
11-23-2009, 05:19 PM
Well, I don't know what I did to mess this thing up, but it is messed up. The first thing I noticed that was wrong is that the Echolink options disappeared from Wine. I can still execute the program but I have to go through Wine's "C: Drive" to do it. The second thing is that the mic stopped working unexpectedly. I tried everything I can think of, including removing and reinstalling both Wine and Echolink. The system seems to still be recognizing the files from the previous installation because Echolink barely goes through the installation process. Does anyone know how I can fix this? I have been thinking about using this computer for my node station, but I won't be able to unless I can fix whatever is causing these problems.

W4GPL
11-23-2009, 05:27 PM
Well, I don't know what I did to mess this thing up, but it is messed up. The first thing I noticed that was wrong is that the Echolink options disappeared from Wine. I can still execute the program but I have to go through Wine's "C: Drive" to do it. The second thing is that the mic stopped working unexpectedly. I tried everything I can think of, including removing and reinstalling both Wine and Echolink. The system seems to still be recognizing the files from the previous installation because Echolink barely goes through the installation process. Does anyone know how I can fix this? I have been thinking about using this computer for my node station, but I won't be able to unless I can fix whatever is causing these problems.Run winecfg, configure the sound, do a test.. see if it works from there.

As for the icon, I'm not sure how Ubuntu handles its menu configs.