PDA

View Full Version : Antenna Installation Device.

n2ize
11-10-2009, 04:41 PM
I just found my "Antenna Installation Device" aka "Wrist Rocket Slingshot". Unfortunately it is in need of a new strap. Anyone out here know of any online sporting good stores that sell replacement straps. I checked a few places so far but they want to sell me the entire slingshot. I just want the strap. If not I guess I can make a strap out of a length of surgical rubber tubing.

KG4CGC
11-10-2009, 05:34 PM
That's what most of them are made of these days, SRT.

WØTKX
11-10-2009, 05:48 PM
It's surgical tubing.

KJ3N
11-10-2009, 06:47 PM
I've bought replacement bands for my EZ-Hang at Dick's Sporting Goods. I've got one 5 minutes from here.

KG4CGC
11-10-2009, 07:18 PM
I've bought replacement bands for my EZ-Hang at Dick's Sporting Goods. I've got one 5 minutes from here.
It's not a real Dick's unless there's a Hooter's in the same strip.

n2ize
11-10-2009, 07:36 PM
I found them. They're relatively inexpensive. $4.00 or $5.00.

KG4CGC
11-10-2009, 07:42 PM
You may get better results with an 8 or 9 foot surf rod with a spin-casting reel and 30 or better pound test line. I've never been able to get good height with a slingshot. I mean you need a really strong rubber to fling a 1 or 2 ounce weight.

n2ize
11-10-2009, 07:44 PM

What do they used for the weighted projectile on the EZ-Hang ? I usually use a standard hex nut or a large wing-nut. Never use a "kn*b"...

I could also use my bow but I need a new bowstring and some arrows. I prefer the slingshot though. It's less conspicuous.

n2ize
11-10-2009, 07:48 PM
You may get better results with an 8 or 9 foot surf rod with a spin-casting reel and 30 or better pound test line. I've never been able to get good height with a slingshot. I mean you need a really strong rubber to fling a 1 or 2 ounce weight.

I've always managed quite well with the slingshot. Also what works well is a bow and arrow. Only problem is that sometimes the arrow gets snagged or stuck.

The casting rod is great but I don't know what kind of shape it's in. I haven't used it in a looooooong time.

KG4CGC
11-10-2009, 07:50 PM

I've always managed quite well with the slingshot. Also what works well is a bow and arrow. Only problem is that sometimes the arrow gets snagged or stuck.

The casting rod is great but I don't know what kind of shape it's in. I haven't used it in a looooooong time.
Pull it apart, oil, restring, practice.

KJ3N
11-10-2009, 07:54 PM

What do they used for the weighted projectile on the EZ-Hang ? I usually use a standard hex nut or a large wing-nut. Never use a "kn*b"...

I could also use my bow but I need a new bowstring and some arrows. I prefer the slingshot though. It's less conspicuous.
It originally came with 1 oz fishing weights painted a very bright yellow. I could never find 1 oz weights at Dick's, but I find the 3/4 oz ones seem to do fairly well. I've managed to get over 60-65 foot trees.

N3ATS
11-11-2009, 03:59 PM
I use an old re-curve bow, a target arrow, and a spinning rod and reel.

<--- (damn look at all those smileys)

I prop up a spinning rod/reel at a 45 degree angle and open the bail (that's the thick wire thing that wraps the line ontp the spool) on the reel. It's best to use the lightest line you can. Less resistance and all.

Using electrical tape, attach the fishing line to the arrow near the tip and also behind the fletching (the feathers). Don't attach it too well that you cannot pull the line free if the arrow gets stuck.

Fire the arrow over the branch to want to hang your antenna.

Pay out additional line from the reel to let the arrow fall all the way to the ground.

Disconnect your arrow and attach your antenna support line to your fishing line.

Reel it back, attach your antenna to the support line, then go back to the other end and pull it up into the tree.

N8YX
11-11-2009, 05:36 PM
My favorite launcher is a Wrist-Rocket-style rig which has a 2' separation between yoke and grip; that's where I attach the spincasting reel which is used to retrieve line and sinker.

I can easily get a 5' draw with this setup, and slinging a 1oz sinker over 100' trees is absolutely no problem.

Replacement tubing and pouch assemblies can also be found at Gander Mountain and Cabela's, in the dog training section. Seems that a popular decoy launcher employs a slingshot device, and spare parts are readily stocked for these...

n2ize
11-11-2009, 09:05 PM
My favorite launcher is a Wrist-Rocket-style rig which has a 2' separation between yoke and grip; that's where I attach the spincasting reel which is used to retrieve line and sinker.

I can easily get a 5' draw with this setup, and slinging a 1oz sinker over 100' trees is absolutely no problem.

Replacement tubing and pouch assemblies can also be found at Gander Mountain and Cabela's, in the dog training section. Seems that a popular decoy launcher employs a slingshot device, and spare parts are readily stocked for these...

I generally don't use a reel. I just lay the line on the ground and fire away.