PDA

View Full Version : Naymz

KC2UGV
10-31-2009, 03:39 PM
Man, for the most part I like this website. I think it's a little bunk that to stay in the top-rank for reputation, they keep raising the bar, meh.

The main thing I like is I get email notifications when people "ego search" me on the intarnets, and also reports of click-throughs to what sites. For example, about 7 minutes ago, someone searched for me using this query Corey+Reichle (http://www.google.com/search?q=Corey+Reichle&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a).

For anyone trying to keep tabs on their reputation on-line, Naymz.com is the way to go :) Just thought I'd toss that out there for everyone. I think it's pretty neat.

N8YX
10-31-2009, 06:02 PM
If it's a reputation you're worried about, joo are in de wrong place...! :lol:

WØTKX
10-31-2009, 08:46 PM

:rofl: Search my callsign it lights up here, and the 3810 guys. :oops:

ad4mg
11-01-2009, 09:39 AM
That's right ... bring one of those here, and we're gonna "fix" it for ya ... :rofl:

WØTKX
11-01-2009, 10:02 AM
Luke, don't get too outside of normal there... 'UGV can't help himself, you'll become a "paranormal" research project. ;)

:neener: :rofl:

Naymz is a little different, an openness to professional networking. Not so somber. So does it avoid spam from odd vectors, and give positive ones that you are looking for?

Uhh, is it effective, or just different?

KC2UGV
11-01-2009, 10:07 AM
I'd say it's effective for what I use it for: Tracking who googles me, and what terms they use, so I can tailor my resume and lean my professional online postings in the correct way.

And, spam, I think there is? A few asking for professional "references" (aka Joining their network) whom you don't know.

Spam-wise, not too bad.

n2ize
11-02-2009, 02:50 PM
These days networking and building a professional image online is of vital importance in getting employment and staying employed. Gone are the days of "cold employment" merely answering a want-ad , filling out an application, getting an interview, getting hired and working till retirement. Just being smart is not going to win any points in the professional world. These days you have to learn to schmooze if you plan to have any kind of career worth mentioning. Tools like Twitter, Google, Facebook, MySpace, U Tube, the cocktail lounge and the cafe' are as, if not more, important for professional employment as is the college degree or formal training.

The best advice these days is, don't be a lone wolf. Forget the "want-ads" and, learn to schmooze. Catching professional positions is more like catching fish these days. You have to go where the fish are biting. They are not gonna come to you.

n6hcm
11-03-2009, 06:12 PM
Tools like Twitter, Google, Facebook, MySpace, U Tube, the cocktail lounge and the cafe' are as, if not more, important for professional employment as is the college degree or formal training.

absolutely. places like linkedin.com are pretty important for this.

also--this can work against you as well ... employers who search you and find you acting like a dumbass have to wonder what you might be like to work with . . .

W7XF
12-02-2009, 02:05 AM
absolutely. places like linkedin.com are pretty important for this.

also--this can work against you as well ... employers who search you and find you acting like a dumbass have to wonder what you might be like to work with . . .

Which is why my MySpace page is minimally developed, and I don't do Facebook, Twitter, et.al.