PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu downloads come s-l-o-w-l-y

W1GUH
10-24-2009, 12:10 PM
I'm downloading a bunch of Ubuntu updates, and the speed really sucks. It's ranged between about 25 and 65 kB/s. Other downloads with my setup (RR), are around 1MB/s.

The original download came full speed, too.

Argh!!!! I wonder why so darn slow?

N2CHX
10-24-2009, 12:29 PM
I've noticed it happening a few times the last few weeks. My solution is to let the updates download automatically in the background and then I install them later.

W1GUH
10-24-2009, 12:36 PM
I've noticed it happening a few times the last few weeks. My solution is to let the updates download automatically in the background and then I install them later.

For sure. What els is there to do? Thanks for the info....good to know that it's not at this end.

N2CHX
10-24-2009, 12:41 PM

For sure. What els is there to do? Thanks for the info....good to know that it's not at this end.

Not much you can do. I finally set my girls' computers back up a few weeks ago after they had been offline for months since we moved. It took about 4 hours to download the updates.