PDA

View Full Version : Just what part of "NO"...

N8YX
10-24-2009, 08:12 AM
...don't some people get?

http://n5fdl.com/storage/ARPC%20Part%2097%20Petition%20Final.pdf

If this petition actually does make it to the 'Comments' stage, I urge all to direct a resounding HellNo in the FCC's general direction.

From a technical standpoint, failover of public safety communications is far better served by designing in redundancy to approved Part 90 systems, and NOT by trying to subvert the Amateur Radio Service as part of a "cost-cutting measure".

As both a taxpayer and a radio amateur, this whole EmComm/Grant-Tit debacle has really begun to pi$$ me off.

ad4mg
10-24-2009, 08:27 AM
...don't some people get?

http://n5fdl.com/storage/ARPC%20Part%2097%20Petition%20Final.pdf

If this petition actually does make it to the 'Comments' stage, I urge all to direct a resounding HellNo in the FCC's general direction.

From a technical standpoint, failover of public safety communications is far better served by designing in redundancy to approved Part 90 systems, and NOT by trying to subvert the Amateur Radio Service as part of a "cost-cutting measure".

As both a taxpayer and a radio amateur, this whole EmComm/Grant-Tit debacle has really begun to pi$$ me off.
Yep, and it also causes problems for groups that stay within the rules. The reality is that the current rules are adequate, even more so now that the FCC has made a waiver available for drills just for the asking. Ecomm whackers just aren't going to be happy until they control the entire playing field. Bear witness to exhibit number one: Winlink, ARRL, and RM-11306.

This guy has been trolling QRZ with his flavor of light bar lunacy for a few weeks now. Given the responses he's been getting, I'd say the amateur community as a whole will happily offer many "Hell NO!" comments to his petition.

I'd wager the FCC won't even offer it for comment, or at least I hope not ...

ki4itv
10-24-2009, 08:53 AM
That guy IS the problem with ham radio and its support of emcomm. He and any ham who thinks as he does.
The more people we get in the hobby that think like him, the more we will be tied to the hip of government intervention in our operations.
We all need to fight these guys at every turn, or soon, we will not even recognise ham radio as it has been since its inception.

I am not anti-emcomm in reality, but I'm sure I come off that way most of the time when I respond to these total whackers.
Theses guys are only in it to prop up their own self-worth through their close association with PS and they would give away everything to accomplish their narrowly focussed goals.

There are healthy attitudes we can take on our role in emcomm, but the clubs and organizations see to be heavily top-loaded with wannabe's and whacker centrics. This totally puts me off, so I tend to stay away.

I do know one ham around here, and local to me, who's attitude is perfect and I respect his approach very much.
If they were all like him, my own attitude would be very different. Can't really remember the call...AD4 something... ;)

WØTKX
10-24-2009, 10:09 AM
No kidding. Demanding to help with insistence and vigor is not help at all.

This is Public Service? No, it's about proving how wonderful they are by saving everybody.

A real disservice to Hams that do care, and a load of painful confrontations with the public.

Why is this so obvious to "misfits"? Bob agrees with Milo's T-Shirt. :mrgreen:

http://www.angusoblong.net/images/BobandMiloOblong.jpg

N2CHX
10-24-2009, 10:22 AM
Good grief. If you want to play government agency hero, join your local volunteer fire company. :roll:

AF6LJ
10-24-2009, 10:35 AM
Good grief. If you want to play government agency hero, join your local volunteer fire company. :roll:
I think you should change your sig.

Some people are not smart enough to leave well enough alone.

N2CHX
10-24-2009, 11:02 AM

What does my sig have to do with this thread? For that matter, what does my sig have to do with you?

AF6LJ
10-24-2009, 11:08 AM

What does my sig have to do with this thread? For that matter, what does my sig have to do with you?
Well I could dig through my privite messages and find something I am sure.
I could also post an Fcc license link.

You just can't leave people alone.
Some day that just may be your undoing.
Keep in mind I am not making any threats, it wouldn't be lady like to pick on someone in a protected class.

On a side note;
Your behavior has had you banned from one group altotather and here you have been placed on a time-out twice.

Your kind has a history of antisocial behavior.
I wonder why.

N2CHX
10-24-2009, 11:28 AM

Keep in mind I am not making any threats, it wouldn't be lady like to pick on someone in a protected class.

On a side note;
Your behavior has had you banned from one group altotather and here you have been placed on a time-out twice.

I wonder why.

My kind? lol

I really don't think my sig has anything to do with you. You're the one causing a problem by making an issue out of it. As for not being able to leave people alone, perhaps you should apply that same thought to yourself before posting in topics you believe are going to :stirpot: .

I won't reply to you on this thread any longer because you've hijacked it enough. Have a nice day Sue.

AF6LJ
10-24-2009, 12:02 PM

On a side note;

I wonder why.

My kind? lol

Yes your kind

I really don't think my sig has anything to do with you.

How funny I have a PM from the Zed same date, time and same words. Gee how could that have happened?

You're the one causing a problem by making an issue out of it. As for not being able to leave people alone, perhaps you should apply that same thought to yourself before posting in topics you believe are going to :stirpot: .

I won't reply to you on this thread any longer because you've hijacked it enough. Have a nice day Sue.
Well lets your the one along with some other looser who insists I was borne male.
Who is making the issue.
It's you and your friend who have issues, not me.
I just hate being attacked by social misfits and exhibitionists starving for attention.
Have a nice day.

N2CHX
10-24-2009, 12:56 PM
Yes your kind

Seems you get mulligans here as well as on QRZ. :lol:

I just hate being attacked by social misfits and exhibitionists starving for attention.

Irony. :rofl:

AF6LJ
10-24-2009, 01:05 PM
I really don't think my sig has anything to do with you. You're the one causing a problem by making an issue out of it. As for not being able to leave people alone, perhaps you should apply that same thought to yourself before posting in topics you believe are going to :stirpot: .

Your word
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PA5COR
10-24-2009, 01:18 PM
Can't we stop this B.S. please?
:agree:

kf0rt
10-24-2009, 01:20 PM
Can't we stop this B.S. please?
:agree:

Yup.

That's enough.