PDA

View Full Version : Drama, Part 1

N8YX
10-18-2009, 10:36 AM
Just add alcohol, ammo and unemployment:

From what I've been able to piece together by sandbagging, one of the area's resident loudmouths and his gang of cohorts have been forced off their home channel and onto another because of said loudmouth's neighbors' complaints to the guy's boss, who is a personal friend of theirs. Guess he "bleeds" them a bit, and boss man supposedly told the guy to quit talking on the radio or take a hike from his job. (The loudmouth in question is running an export radio which in fact does tear everything up. He splatters into 10M from a distance of several miles.)

Potential legal issues aside, this is a damn funny train wreck to listen to. Of course, as soon as the support crew heard of our hero's plight, they immediately went to the "friends" channel and are attempting a takeover even as I type.

Stuff like this you cannot make up. :lol:

W2NAP
10-18-2009, 10:55 AM
record it?

if yes then see below if no, then record

if yes, then post the recording

kb2vxa
10-18-2009, 03:21 PM
They have QRZ in audio format now?

N2NH
10-18-2009, 03:40 PM
They have QRZ in audio format now?

Warren!
:rofl:

n2ize
10-28-2009, 02:06 AM
I remember back in 1972 or 73 this guy nearby made a big splash entry onto the local CB scene. Within a week of getting on the air he had met every local in person. He was on the air 24/7. He also had a linear which was overdriven to the point of producing some pretty nasty distortion and heavy band splatter and buckshot. Finally the friction started. First it was arguments over channels and operating procedures. Then came late night phone calls and personality conflicts. Then came the intense on the air arguments, disputes, threats, etc. that were intense and would go on for hours and hours. Finally it ended in the guy pretty much having a nervous breakdown over the air in which he remained keyed up for at least a half hour screaming, yelling, cursing, ranting... It ended a few minutes after the point his mother came into his room and begged him half crying to please get rid of that radio. The guy was never heard from on the air again after that.

AF6LJ
10-28-2009, 07:00 AM
I remember back in 1972 or 73 this guy nearby made a big splash entry onto the local CB scene. Within a week of getting on the air he had met every local in person. He was on the air 24/7. He also had a linear which was overdriven to the point of producing some pretty nasty distortion and heavy band splatter and buckshot. Finally the friction started. First it was arguments over channels and operating procedures. Then came late night phone calls and personality conflicts. Then came the intense on the air arguments, disputes, threats, etc. that were intense and would go on for hours and hours. Finally it ended in the guy pretty much having a nervous breakdown over the air in which he remained keyed up for at least a half hour screaming, yelling, cursing, ranting... It ended a few minutes after the point his mother came into his room and begged him half crying to please get rid of that radio. The guy was never heard from on the air again after that.

CB is truly an example of what can be brewed up when the gene pool stagnates.

N8YX
10-28-2009, 08:25 AM
The service has its uses. A number of the folks whom I ride with have CBs on their touring bikes, and we use these for intra-group communications. Some - but not all - are licensed hams, and the CB rigs allow everyone to keep in touch.

Almost all of the CB crowd I considered worth talking to has either passed away, moved into amateur radio or just gave up on it altogether back in the 90s.

AF6LJ
10-28-2009, 08:36 AM
An ex boyfriend ran with the local CB sideband types.
They all ran modified ham gear, jI always thought they were the best of a bad bunch. :)

I agree CB has it's uses and if you are in trouble, you stand a better chance of getting help over the CB than just about any other service if your cell phone isn't working.

Even GMRS has it's place even if it seems to be fly paper for wackers.