PDA

View Full Version : Off the air for at least a month.

KA5PIU
10-09-2009, 10:51 PM
Hello.

I am going back to work and will again stay off the air.
I was a novice for 29 years in part due to the need to control emissions. :stirpot:
Security is of course a concern, :rofl: but it is more an issue of who I am and what I say. :quiet:
I do have fun and have poked at just about everything but politics have changed.
BushCo is gone, :dance: this means I now feel comfortable again in meeting people outside of the US as well as from within. :clap:
Again, as was in the past, I will monitor whatever frequencies I can.
I am a Democrat but not all that heavy in politics, I am just to damn old.
So, no more HF after Sunday but not to include 27.185 mHz. :mrgreen:
I have made a bunch of friends on Amateur Radio and will have fond memories.
Thank you very much.

WØTKX
10-09-2009, 11:40 PM
Just watch those spurious emissions. :monkeydance:

N2NH
10-09-2009, 11:42 PM
Okay. Good luck with that.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Brittany_Jayy/smileys/pokey.gif

:yes:

KA5PIU
10-10-2009, 12:20 AM
Hello.

Bottom line, CB, no matter what, is OK, but ham radio is prohibited. :snicker:

N8YX
10-10-2009, 07:27 AM
:doh:

N2CHX
10-10-2009, 08:26 AM
Spurious emissions... Yech! :sick

w2amr
10-11-2009, 04:10 AM
Spurious emissions... Yech! :sickAnd no exhaust fan.

kb2vxa
10-11-2009, 06:29 AM
Spurious emissions... Yech! :sick

And you know what they're called after dark!

kb2crk
10-12-2009, 03:47 PM
have fun cowthief...
and make sure that cb is good and clean

w2amr
10-12-2009, 03:55 PM
have fun cowthief...
and make sure that cb is good and cleanI'll bet the audio aint.

KA5PIU
10-12-2009, 10:14 PM
Hello.

I have some of the cleanest audio around, no noise toys or supermods, just 4 watts out.
Since I say very little I have no need for a "fancy" radio, just the basics.
I always say yes sir and no sir, nothing more, I generate very little in way of off comments.
In short, I am the same way on CB as I am on any other part of HF.
I do not discuss politics or religion on HF, I thank god GW is gone and pray Obama can do a better job, feel that we have a new "Vietnam" in Iraq/Afghanistan, and think that religion can be a good thing as long as one keeps it in check, no matter what "flavor".
Bottom line is that I am there to do my job, nothing more.
The 30 day time out is there to help me avoid pitfalls that I may have had in the past.
When I return I will be retrained all the way around, just like before, some say even boring.

KA5PIU
10-27-2009, 04:09 AM
Hello.

I went as far as mailing in my license to the FCC with a note that said that if there was an issue the license could be revoked.
The response I got was that there was no issue and that I would have to actually request that the license be revoked.
But I do now understand that I should simply not make contact with some hams.
To this end I have decided to give up 2 meters in the San Antonio area for at least a few months.
Some hams I might never speak to again, but the same is true of some non-hams.
I have decided to become more selective in who I deal with.

N2NH
10-27-2009, 05:50 AM
I have decided to become more selective in who I deal with.

Sounds like CB is a good place to start. Say hello to the girls at the Sugar Shack.
:lol:

n2ize
10-27-2009, 10:54 AM
Hello.

I am going back to work and will again stay off the air.
I was a novice for 29 years in part due to the need to control emissions. :stirpot:
Security is of course a concern, :rofl: but it is more an issue of who I am and what I say. :quiet:
I do have fun and have poked at just about everything but politics have changed.
BushCo is gone, :dance: this means I now feel comfortable again in meeting people outside of the US as well as from within. :clap:
Again, as was in the past, I will monitor whatever frequencies I can.
I am a Democrat but not all that heavy in politics, I am just to damn old.
So, no more HF after Sunday but not to include 27.185 mHz. :mrgreen:
I have made a bunch of friends on Amateur Radio and will have fond memories.
Thank you very much.

Sorry to hear you won't be getting on the air. But, as you say, you have to give priority to other issues and concerns.

w2amr
10-27-2009, 03:45 PM
Hello.

I went as far as mailing in my license to the FCC with a note that said that if there was an issue the license could be revoked.
The response I got was that there was no issue and that I would have to actually request that the license be revoked.
But I do now understand that I should simply not make contact with some hams.
To this end I have decided to give up 2 meters in the San Antonio area for at least a few months.
Some hams I might never speak to again, but the same is true of some non-hams.
I have decided to become more selective in who I deal with.Somewhere Hiram Percy Maxim weeps.

KA5PIU
11-01-2009, 03:21 PM
Hello.

San Antonio has its issues.
As one of our forum members had pointed out, the president of a local ham club said that I had fallen in with some bad hams.
It is not so much fallen in but I do agree that there are a lot of issues.
The FCC has sent letters out in reference to this in the past, just not to I.
I was all but told that "Homeland security" or "The FCC" had issues with me, this is not the case.
I have had issues with both law enforecement, but not the courts, and the Republicans in general, but nothing all that bad.
Now that the Democrats have taken over things have changed.
I was very involved with the democratic party and was asked several times to leave the Amateur Radio behind, both as a figure of speech as well as in fact.