PDA

View Full Version : damn bandwith thieves

W2NAP
10-06-2009, 02:01 AM
Got to love it. some jerk in china desides to make a website but instead of making his own. he fukin rips my source. and to top it off the asshole links all his downloads right to my server so i end up with 10GB used allready in october..... freeking jackasses.

well after reporting his ass he no longer has a site. but now im going to redo mine and try some more security measures

n6hcm
10-06-2009, 02:06 AM
if it didn't cost you too much bandwidth you could have just replaced the pictures with ... something more appropriate.

PA5COR
10-06-2009, 02:10 AM
Crafty (cheap) buggers those Chinese.... :snicker:

I agree, more security should sort that. :cheers:

W2NAP
10-06-2009, 02:10 AM
pics wasnt the problem... more like the bastard had my entire downloads section copyed. (1200+ files) 1 MB here 1MB there adds up quick...

I normally use about 25GB just myself.. but sept ended up damn near double.

if someone wants to add the files thats on my site to there ok, but downloaded them to your pc. then upload them to your host.

plus bandwidth theft is a crime. but the lil prick was in china so yea. not much i can do but i did get him kicked from his hosting so i got a lil revenge lol

n2ize
10-06-2009, 02:56 AM
pics wasnt the problem... more like the bastard had my entire downloads section copyed. (1200+ files) 1 MB here 1MB there adds up quick...

I normally use about 25GB just myself.. but sept ended up damn near double.

if someone wants to add the files thats on my site to there ok, but downloaded them to your pc. then upload them to your host.

plus bandwidth theft is a crime. but the lil prick was in china so yea. not much i can do but i did get him kicked from his hosting so i got a lil revenge lol

You'd be surprised. If he's in China he might be arrested and executed. They can be pretty tough over there.

N2CHX
10-06-2009, 06:20 AM
It's pretty easy to create a script that will only allow links from your own site to work.

W2NAP
10-06-2009, 12:26 PM
mine plan is. if the request dont come from my domain. then it will redirect to fbi.gov + open new window every second going to fbi.gov