PDA

View Full Version : My mobile BA AM rig is complete.....

W1GUH
09-12-2009, 07:04 PM
Yippie!!!!

I found a Gonset Super-12 converter (25) at the Saratoga Springs hamfest today, so I've got a receiver; I got an antenna relay; and I got a variac for the power supply, so I'm all set to start hooking things up.

But (when it rains it pours)...I also found a complete TR-3 station with everything, including the DC supply. That'll do good mobile AM til I can get the real vintage radio going. $200

Also got a decent working scope (Phillips 15Mhz) for $35.

KA5PIU
09-12-2009, 10:05 PM
Hello.

Very good!
I have a pair of Yaesu transverters, one for the FT-101 and one for the FT-107, both cheap, both not working, along with a gutted FT-107 external VFO.
All this for under $50.
Since I have already built a DSS "VFO" for the FT-107 but have not mounted this in a case this is perfect.
The external VFO case is large enough that I can mount a power supply large enough to run everything but the rig proper.
Just think, soon I will be able to do all modes on 160 to 220 on a somewhat vintage rig.
Looks like we are all getting into the swing of things.
Hope to hear your mobile on the air soon.
73, KA5PIU.

kb2vxa
09-12-2009, 11:55 PM
Welcome to the Boat Anchor Brigade! Now you can tell the silicon sisters "all your bases are belong to us, and your mobiles too".

W2NAP
09-13-2009, 02:20 PM
pics or it didnt happen

:neener:

W1GUH
09-13-2009, 05:45 PM
pics or it didnt happen

:neener:

Darn! I had specific plans to shoot everything today...but we know what happens to "The best laid plans" (he-he he said laid :bbh: ). And I still owe you a pic of the Wouff Hong (or whatever :twisted: ) that I got last spring. I'll get right on it.