PDA

View Full Version : OUTLOOK EXPRESS

W4BD
08-25-2009, 09:05 PM
Well I am having a big problem with OUTLOOK EXPRESS and it's the same thing on 2 different puters. When I send a message or even forward a message starts sending then I get a box saying errors have occured and the message is still in the OUTBOX. Now the message is sent but when I go to send another it sends the one still in the outbox along with the other one so now I have 2 messages in the outbox but they both are sent. I have scaned for MALWARE and VIRUS and found nothing.

I tied THUNDERBIRD but I don't care for it and I also tried OUTLOOK and don't care for it either.

I am running Ver 6 with all the updates.

Anybody got any ideas?

HUGH
08-26-2009, 02:04 AM
I thought Outlook Express was rather a large application for domestic emails although it does contain calendars, reminders and so on. We are currently using Foxmail although development stopped at a beta version some while ago. It does work and will hold an address list as well as learning to sort out spam from wanted stuff. I wouldn't describe it as perfect at all.

N2CHX
08-26-2009, 06:27 AM
Wish I could help but I haven't touched OE in years. I use Evolution in Linux which is very stable and has worked well for me for years.

ad4mg
08-26-2009, 06:30 AM
Wish I could help but I haven't touched OE in years. I use Evolution in Linux which is very stable and has worked well for me for years.
Watch Evolution if you upgrade your OS ... I imported my settings, address book, and messages from an Ubuntu 8.1 box to one running Ubuntu 9.04, and the database was a mess, full of errors. I had to start over on the 9.1 box.

Otherwise, Evolution is an excellent mailer. I love the spamassassin filter add-on!

N1LAF
08-28-2009, 04:16 PM
I use all webmail now. Leave it on the host sever, download only what I want. All suspect stuff is trashed from the host side, never touches the computer here.