PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bye Firefox, Hello Opera

AA8AE
08-24-2009, 04:22 AM
Got tired of having FireFox freezing up, tried all of the little tweeks. :wall: I Downloaded Opera we'll try that for a while. :pray: Any Opera experts out there?

If Opera gives me any problems I guess I'll have to use the ubuntu disk I got a while back. Trying to put off drastic changes freeks the XYL out! :naughty

n4aud
08-24-2009, 07:54 AM
I wondered if anyone else was having this problem with Firefox. Since the past couple of upgrades, Firefox freezes my computer up at very inconvenient times, and for more than just a few seconds. I hate to change browsers but I may have to.

W5BRM
08-24-2009, 09:08 AM
I'm using FF 3.5.2 and it's working just fine for me. I haven't had a crash or lock in over a year now. using vista Ultimate with all patches and service packs. I used to have probs with FF in XP often but hardly any problems with VU.

KB3LAZ
08-24-2009, 11:28 AM
Got tired of having FireFox freezing up, tried all of the little tweeks. :wall: I Downloaded Opera we'll try that for a while. :pray: Any Opera experts out there?

If Opera gives me any problems I guess I'll have to use the ubuntu disk I got a while back. Trying to put off drastic changes freeks the XYL out! :naughty
Not a fan of opera.

n2ize
08-24-2009, 01:11 PM
In many ways I prefer Opera to Firefox. First and foremost, Opera is written in Qt and since I am familiar withQt it makes it easier for me to understand some of the errors if and when things go wrong.

Other things I like about Opera

1) More stable than FF (less freezes and crashes)
2) Efficient
3) Can be extended
4) Fast
5) themes, Skins and add-ons

A few things I don't like...

1) Less stable and more problematic with Flash videos
2 )Doesn't always play nicely with facebook.

Other than that I think Opera is a pretty good deal.