PDA

View Full Version : IS IT HIDDEN or am i a retard

KC2RPP
06-02-2009, 07:00 PM
WHERE THE HELL IS THE REASON FOR EDITING SPOT TO TYPE THE REASON WHEN YOU CLICK THE EDIT POST ON YOUR POST....I LOOK AND LOOK AND LOOK AND I CAN NOT FIND IT :doh: :doh: :doh:

WX7P
06-02-2009, 07:01 PM
WHERE THE HELL IS THE REASON FOR EDITING SPOT TO TYPE THE REASON WHEN YOU CLICK THE EDIT POST ON YOUR POST....I LOOK AND LOOK AND LOOK AND I CAN NOT FIND IT :doh: :doh: :doh:

That's because there isn't one.

You don't need to yell...

KC2RPP
06-02-2009, 07:04 PM

Look at this post

The first one, see how he has the edit thing at the bottom.....how did he do that that is what i am talking about

http://www.hamisland.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=870

WX7P
06-02-2009, 07:09 PM

Look at this post

The first one, see how he has the edit thing at the bottom.....how did he do that that is what i am talking about

He's an admin, that's why.

ad4mg
06-03-2009, 03:55 AM

Look at this post

He's an admin, that's why.
I can't test this without creating a new username, but it may be specific to the style you are using. I get that "reason for editing" box when I edit one of my own threads, which should be just like everyone else. Try switching your style to "eTech", then start an edit of one of your own posts.

All of our styles here were started using existing templates found elsewhere, and the original author may have left out that input box.

I see no valid reason why they would make that feature available only to administrators. There is no setting in the control panel that mentions this ...

EDIT:
Here's what I have at the bottom of the page when I edit one of my own posts:
http://mysite.verizon.net/ad4mg/reason.jpg

KB3LAZ
06-03-2009, 05:12 AM
I can't test this without creating a new username, but it may be specific to the style you are using. I get that "reason for editing" box when I edit one of my own threads, which should be just like everyone else. Try switching your style to "eTech", then start an edit of one of your own posts.

All of our styles here were started using existing templates found elsewhere, and the original author may have left out that input box.

I see no valid reason why they would make that feature available only to administrators. There is no setting in the control panel that mentions this ...

EDIT:

It is not unique to the style....its not there. I have noticed it before but never really cared. Im not sure what the big deal is. Actually you have a grace period of a few minutes as to where you can modify your post and the board is oblivious to it.

for example, this is an edit and it will not say so.

KB3NEY
06-03-2009, 05:20 AM

EDIT:

It is not unique to the style....its not there. I have noticed it before but never really cared. Im not sure what the big deal is. Actually you have a grace period of a few minutes as to where you can modify your post and the board is oblivious to it.

No edit option here either, Luke. Default settings.

KB3LAZ
06-03-2009, 05:23 AM

EDIT:

No edit option here either, Luke. Default settings.

Do yo even know how to edit? :mrgreen: Check your inbox.

N2RJ
06-03-2009, 08:18 AM
I have researched it, and I don't think regular users can enter a reason for editing their own posts and it will show up, at least not in phpbb.

vBulletin acts differently but we don't run that here.

N2RJ
06-03-2009, 08:21 AM
I can't test this without creating a new username, but it may be specific to the style you are using. I get that "reason for editing" box when I edit one of my own threads, which should be just like everyone else.

I used to think so, but our edit buttons behave like admin/mod edit buttons all the time, even on our own posts.

So "reason for editing" is a mod/admin only thing for some reason. I believe there is a hack to make it available for all users though.

KG4CGC
06-09-2009, 11:14 AM
One could always add their own addendum without the need for boxes.
Example: [edit]= or [edit]: or [edited to add] or [edited for (reason here)]

Or has someone already pointed that out? :mrgreen: :angel: 8) :lol: :shifty :whistle

W1GUH
07-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Hmmm....seems to me I've been editing all along. Now I'll post this & take a look.

[edit] Yep, it's up there right by the "Quote" button.

Didn't I read someplace that editing gets turned off if the post has been quoted? Or something like that?

:think

N2NH
07-06-2009, 12:30 PM
Guy, do you really need a reason to edit your posts? Heck, if you want the world to know, just write (in big shouty letters):

EDIT: WANTED TO ADD SOMETHING

EDIT: BECAUSE I CAN

They have that feature on the ZED (if I remember right). Most people leave it empty and usually if there's a reason, who really cares? I think it'd be a great project to get all those reasons and put them on one page. Say a hundred or so of them. Bet it's more boring than watching grass grow.
:homer:

bigjohn
11-20-2009, 02:46 AM
Nope its there YOUR JUST A RETARD

WØTKX
11-20-2009, 10:37 PM

Oh, Giggity Giggity, 'GIG. :roll:

n0iu
11-28-2009, 07:53 AM

Oh, Giggity Giggity, 'GIG. :roll:Well, when you give that as one of your options, you shouldn't be surprised if that is one of the possibilities!