PDA

View Full Version : AD4MG- Drug dealer

al2n
04-28-2009, 08:29 PM
Got some Duke's Mayo last night and gave it a try for lunch.

Darn good stuff! Now I will have to either find a local grocer who will be willing to stock it, or do all the things Pimp-daddy Luke likes in order to get more shipped up here. :shock:

kc7jty
04-28-2009, 08:33 PM
Dave's!!?? WTF is that?

al2n
04-28-2009, 08:56 PM
Fixed it.

Was so taken by the stuff I got the name wrong.

kf0rt
04-28-2009, 09:23 PM
I buy it straight from the factory. No dealers in the West.

kc7jty
04-29-2009, 12:03 AM
I buy it straight from the factory. No dealers in the West.
I can't believe Hellman's sells as much or more than Dukes at the same price in the areas where they both compete and I think Hellman's is a 30 oz bottle. People are stupid.

WX7P
04-29-2009, 12:54 AM
I don't mean to be insulting, but how is mayonnaise any different?

Hellman's or Best Foods, don't they bring out the best?

Is Duke's spicy or something?

kc7jty
04-29-2009, 01:32 AM
I don't mean to be insulting, but how is mayonnaise any different?

Hellman's or Best Foods, don't they bring out the best?

Is Duke's spicy or something?
Did you ever taste Kraft Mayo Dave? At some point down the scale a light will go off that you are consuming sh!t.
Quality ingredients make quality product. Very rich, creamy, thick, you can taste the eggs, no sweeteners, not too much vinegar. Quality stuff.

WØTKX
04-29-2009, 03:05 AM
I've never had Duke's. Sounds euphoric, and addictive. :mrgreen:

But I've had some fantastic home made mayo. The best "store" find so far is wasabi flavored.

Usually prefer spicy mustard and/or horseradish for sammich fixin's.

ad4mg
04-29-2009, 03:39 AM
Bwaaa! WV6Z, Tom said it best ... mayo is no good unless you can eat it from the jar with a spoon.

Bill is right, good ingredients make Dukes good mayo. I do like Hellmans now and then for a change of pace, but I always switch back. They do ship Dukes to the lower 48, but not to Alaska and Hawaii.

I hope you can get a local grocer to carry it, Mike! It will sell itself. Nothing flashy or special about it ... it's just what it implies it is, great mayonnaise. I'm delighted you guys like it ... it's hard to live up to all that hype!

I'll add you guys to my Christmas list. That way, you'll be assured of a couple of jars a year. :D

N2NH
04-29-2009, 04:09 AM
Sheesh, no fix available here. The closest they come to Noo Yawk is Pennsylvania. I'll ask the YL to cop some next time she goes for a visit there. Sounds real good and there's nothing better than a Virginia Ham, Cappy Ham and Muenster Cheese sammich topped with good mayonnaise.
:drool

kf0rt
04-29-2009, 05:53 AM
Bwaaa! WV6Z, Tom said it best ... mayo is no good unless you can eat it from the jar with a spoon.

Bill is right, good ingredients make Dukes good mayo. I do like Hellmans now and then for a change of pace, but I always switch back. They do ship Dukes to the lower 48, but not to Alaska and Hawaii.

I hope you can get a local grocer to carry it, Mike! It will sell itself. Nothing flashy or special about it ... it's just what it implies it is, great mayonnaise. I'm delighted you guys like it ... it's hard to live up to all that hype!

I'll add you guys to my Christmas list. That way, you'll be assured of a couple of jars a year. :D

Tom was the one who turned me on to it -- right here on da Island. Thought I'd order a couple jars just to try it out. We're not mayo fanatics here, but can probably go through a quart every couple months. I now buy it 4 quarts at a time (cheaper that way) and the Best Foods and Miracle Whip crap has been banhammered from the fridge.

Worth the hassle? Why yes. Yes, it is. :lol: :lol:

ad4mg
04-29-2009, 06:17 AM
Sheesh, no fix available here. The closest they come to Noo Yawk is Pennsylvania. I'll ask the YL to cop some next time she goes for a visit there. Sounds real good and there's nothing better than a Virginia Ham, Cappy Ham and Muenster Cheese sammich topped with good mayonnaise.
No need for that ... Pimp-daddy sez 2 - 32 oz jars are being processed in your name right now! They say shipping within 14 days of ordering, but I hope it's quicker than that! :dance

rot
04-29-2009, 07:50 AM
No need for that ... Pimp-daddy sez 2 - 32 oz jars are being processed in your name right now! They say shipping within 14 days of ordering, but I hope it's quicker than that! :dance

Sure.... it starts out with a couple of 32 oz jars.
Then you go 1 gal restaurant size.
Then you get a tanker truck with a BLT operation spread across NA.
Careful there bud, I smell a cartel.
:lol:
rot

N2NH
04-29-2009, 07:56 AM

Thank you very much O wise one. I can't wait to try it. It's getting so that I want to move to FL or GA to get some of the things that aren't available here.
:(

W3MIV
04-29-2009, 08:13 AM
It's getting so that I want to move to FL or GA to get some of the things that aren't available here.

Hook worm? Malaria? Planters' Wart? Ol' Tyme Religion? Republikonitis? :shock:

N2RJ
04-29-2009, 09:59 AM
Says it's available at walmart in PA

May have to go there this weekend. It's only a 20 minute drive away.

WX7P
04-29-2009, 11:08 AM

Sure.... it starts out with a couple of 32 oz jars.
Then you go 1 gal restaurant size.
Then you get a tanker truck with a BLT operation spread across NA.
Careful there bud, I smell a cartel.
:lol:
rot

Pretty soon, Luke is going to be in a room with mounds of Duke's spread all over his desk. The fuzz will bust in and he'll say...

"Say Hello to my little friend"

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2007/06/07/pacino_wideweb__470x314,0.jpg

N2NH
04-29-2009, 11:12 AM
It's getting so that I want to move to FL or GA to get some of the things that aren't available here.

Sonics and Checkers. Fast food hasn't tasted that good since Wetsons. Besides, my cousin in MD used to make the best pickled chili I ever tasted. It's been 40 years and I can still remember it. I haven't seen a recipe for that anywhere.

WX7P
04-29-2009, 11:26 AM

Sonics and Checkers. Fast food hasn't tasted that good since Wetsons. Besides, my cousin in MD used to make the best pickled chili I ever tasted. It's been 40 years and I can still remember it. I haven't seen a recipe for that anywhere.

Pickled chili? That's a new on on me. What's in it?

N2NH
04-29-2009, 11:27 AM

Pickled chili? That's a new on on me. What's in it?

Damned if I can remember. She just called it chili, but it was tasty enough to get a stomach ache overeating.
:dance

kc7jty
04-29-2009, 01:41 PM
Says it's available at walmart in PA

May have to go there this weekend. It's only a 20 minute drive away.
Long shot. It's supposed to be sold at Giant in PA also and the ones I checked didn't have it. Probably sold in SW PA. BLAZ, is it in your neck 'o dee woods?

kc7jty
04-29-2009, 01:45 PM

But I've had some fantastic home made mayo. The best "store" find so far is wasabi flavored.

Fresh homemade with EV olive oil and a pinch of mustard powder can't be beat but for store bought Duke's is tops.

BTW: I hope the hot weather doesn't spoil it in transit.

rot
04-29-2009, 02:28 PM
They can spot them freebase Naise labs from the air.
Damn chicken coops is a dead giveaway.
Hide your chickens.
rot

kc7jty
04-29-2009, 04:24 PM
Word on the street is Kraft just bought 10 Apaches with egg seekers.

rot
04-30-2009, 08:28 AM
Damn You know what could be done.
Use Mayo as a pigment binder and crank out a few Picasso mimics...
you know like a BLT with 3 tits or something...
Contract with Duke's,et.al. for like 10 million creating branding insignias as a wigged out Mayo artist.
:o
LightBulb,NC
rot

N7RJD
05-01-2009, 07:52 PM

None of it sounded all that bad until you got to that last one. :lol:

WØTKX
05-01-2009, 08:20 PM
Well, I'm having an artichoke this evening, and I don't have any Dukes for dippin'. :cry:

kc7jty
05-01-2009, 08:36 PM
Well, I'm having an artichoke this evening, and I don't have any Dukes for dippin'. :cry:
I dip mine in EV olive oil.

WØTKX
05-01-2009, 08:45 PM
Yea, I've got some great olive oil, horseradish (mild), and two flavors of hummus.

Everything will be OK. :D

KG4CGC
05-02-2009, 12:00 AM
I dip mine in EV olive oil.
Electro Voice oil? OK, I can see it.

ad4mg
05-02-2009, 04:50 AM
Pimp-daddy sez that problem will resolve itself soon ... :D

WV6Z
05-02-2009, 08:10 AM
Seriously Luke, we need to prepare some care packages I guess....... I hate to transport addictive contraband across state lines, but, if anyone is heading for Dayton, PM me and I will know how much of the 'nectar of the gods' of Mauldin, SC to bring along with me.

Try to keep it real though guys, I am likely to be driving the radioactive Civic, so my abilities to transport mass quantities are severely restricted, but, as most have discovered, there really is nothing quite like it, it really blows the competition away..... wait, what am I saying? There is NO competition.

Before moving here from Floridoodah almost three decades ago, I admit, I thought Hellman's waz the sh!t...... now I know it really is sh!t and whenever I am not local to this area I avoid the mayo and/or request they leave it off if they haven't any Duke's.

Oh and Luke, we said we were going to send Mikey the C.A.R.E. package, PM me what I owe you for my 50% of our deal. Or, if you are heading for Dayton, I will just be sure to get you drunk enough to pee your pants........ twice......... the choice is yours. :twisted:

rot
05-02-2009, 08:20 AM
While you're at it Tom.
There is a dog snack manufactutrer in Anderson,SC that sells dog treats and my pups are totally addicted to them. You can drop a Mayo sniffing hound to low alert tail wag with these things.
Just in case you get stopped or something.
rot

WV6Z
05-02-2009, 08:34 AM
Oh yeah, that Dog Cookie place downtown, heh, heh, great idea! :twisted:

ad4mg
05-02-2009, 08:40 AM
Seriously Luke, we need to prepare some care packages I guess....... I hate to transport addictive contraband across state lines, but, if anyone is heading for Dayton, PM me and I will know how much of the 'nectar of the gods' of Mauldin, SC to bring along with me.

Try to keep it real though guys, I am likely to be driving the radioactive Civic, so my abilities to transport mass quantities are severely restricted, but, as most have discovered, there really is nothing quite like it, it really blows the competition away..... wait, what am I saying? There is NO competition.

Before moving here from Floridoodah almost three decades ago, I admit, I thought Hellman's waz the sh!t...... now I know it really is sh!t and whenever I am not local to this area I avoid the mayo and/or request they leave it off if they haven't any Duke's.

Oh and Luke, we said we were going to send Mikey the C.A.R.E. package, PM me what I owe you for my 50% of our deal. Or, if you are heading for Dayton, I will just be sure to get you drunk enough to pee your pants........ twice......... the choice is yours. :twisted:
I should seriously consider a Dayton trip while I can still breathe unassisted ... your offer just sweetens the deal!

There aren't many good things that come out of Richmond, that we have the best "grocery store" mayo on the planet is something we can desperately cling to here ... maybe a future president can comment how we cling to our guns and our Duke's here in Richmond in some future campaign speech ...

Mike is sending me an Alaskan care package in return for the mayo, so that score is settled! The package he will send will be more valuable than 2 jars of mayonnaise. I've added N2NH, and 'TKX to the list of those soon to fall victim to Duke's, so you take care of the Dayton bunch, and we'll call it even!

I still need to mail Charles a CD of software (will copy you and Terry on that one, Tom). I also owe rot a copy of the strange photos of the orbs I took at the supposedly haunted I-895 bridge here in eastern Henrico County.

I'll seriously look into the possibility of attending Dayton ... it may be getting quite late in the planning stages - will have to check the dates.

WV6Z
05-02-2009, 08:47 AM
DUDE, I remember us talking about those photos! Ya gotta email them to me too!

I know there is a room at Crack Whore Lodge (right next to mine, if I am not mistaken), okay, so it's actually Extended Stay America, next to the Drury, and I am thinking that room is still not spoken for as only two of us will be headed that way instead of some number more than 4, so, if you might be interested, give me a ring this evening between say, oh 5:15 and 6:16, and I will give you the details, but, FWIW, I think the room is right at about $80, rather than $160 at the Drury.......

Will text you my cell # in case you have forgotten it.

W7XF
05-04-2009, 03:20 AM
When I was looking at the possibility of going, all the hotels in a 50 mile radius of Dayton had 4-night minimums... so beware there.

Unless I come up with some major coin this week, it looks like I won't be in Dayton.

WV6Z
01-22-2011, 02:08 AM
I gots two werdz fer ya!

DUKES MAYONNAISE!

n2ize
01-22-2011, 02:45 AM
One thing I cannot stand is mayonnaise. If you want to ruin a good sandwich for me all you need to do is put mayonnaise on it and it will no longer be edible to me. The only place I like mayonnaise is when it;s used to make tuna fish salad or chicken salad, or potato salad. Otherwise I can't stand mayonnaise.

WØTKX
01-22-2011, 04:20 AM
John, you are the "Duke of Dead Threads"! :bowdown:

:rofl:

n6hcm
01-22-2011, 04:27 AM
One thing I cannot stand is mayonnaise.

a very light dose of the stuff for me on a sandwich, and never anywhere else ... especially not on hot food (like a hamburger)--this is just plain disgusting!

W3MIV
01-22-2011, 07:45 AM
Some Food Lion stores here in MD are now stocking Dukes. Seems they are trying to expand their market area. I used to have to buy it in VA and lug home a half-dozen jars at a time -- at least the jars are polymer which lightened the load a bit.

Hellmans is a good mayo, but different -- it is lighter in color (less egg? - more oil?) and a lot stiffer in texture. The Dukes is richer, yellower, creamier and has a very different and somewhat better taste. I can do either, but I much prefer the latter. Kraft is drech, and their Miracle Whip is even worse stuff than that.

NQ6U
01-22-2011, 02:22 PM
I believe that Miracle Whip is in fact a by-product of the petroleum distillation process.

W3MIV
01-22-2011, 02:27 PM
I believe that Miracle Whip is in fact a by-product of the petroleum distillation process.

Tastes like it is a by-product of a digestion process.

KG4CGC
01-22-2011, 02:39 PM
I seriously tried to look up recipes for both brands but Hellmann's was hard to find. Didn't dig deep enough? Hellmann's changed their recipe in 2006. The list of ingredients for Dukes included soybean oil and eggs as well as paprika oleoresin and other natural flavors.
Some recipes are still kept secret. I suspect that between the texture and ratios of eggs and oils, the only other difference is flavoring. Dukes does taste like it has the potential to go bad quicker. Take that for what it's worth.
Of note: according to their own webpage, Hellmann's and Best Foods is exactly the same mayo and come out of the same industrial factory. It's just for different markets. Both have the slogan, "Bring Out The Best" under the name on the label and Hellmann's is a dark blue background and Best Foods is light blue.

KG4CGC
01-22-2011, 02:44 PM
Tastes like it is a by-product of a digestion process.
http://www.neatorama.com/2006/12/22/whats-the-difference-miracle-whip-vs-mayonnaise/
Miracle Whip does not market itself as a mayonnaise, per se, but is sold side by side with mayonnaise. You can actually see what looks like paprika in Miracle Whip.

W4RLR
01-22-2011, 05:13 PM
I can understand the preference for certain condiments. My wife loves frites sauce that she consumed in Europe. Thankfully she can get it at the commissary in the foreign food section. Some thing called Thomy, it comes in a tube like toothpaste, and she eats french fries with it instead of Heinz ketchup like the good Lord intended.

I'll cut her some slack, though. When I was at Cedar Point many years ago the locals ate their french fries with GRAVY.:yuck:

W4RLR
01-22-2011, 05:14 PM
http://www.neatorama.com/2006/12/22/whats-the-difference-miracle-whip-vs-mayonnaise/
Miracle Whip does not market itself as a mayonnaise, per se, but is sold side by side with mayonnaise. You can actually see what looks like paprika in Miracle Whip.True, Miracle Whip is a SALAD DRESSING. I prefer it over mayonnaise.

NQ6U
01-22-2011, 05:39 PM
True, Miracle Whip is a SALAD DRESSING. I prefer it over mayonnaise.

Remind me not to ask you for any recipes... ;)

W1GUH
01-26-2011, 03:42 PM

Waffle House, Steak and Shake and the place with the breakfast buffet...can't remember the name.

W1GUH
01-26-2011, 03:44 PM
Some Food Lion stores here in MD are now stocking Dukes. Seems they are trying to expand their market area. I used to have to buy it in VA and lug home a half-dozen jars at a time -- at least the jars are polymer which lightened the load a bit.

Hellmans is a good mayo, but different -- it is lighter in color (less egg? - more oil?) and a lot stiffer in texture. The Dukes is richer, yellower, creamier and has a very different and somewhat better taste. I can do either, but I much prefer the latter. Kraft is drech, and their Miracle Whip is even worse stuff than that.

Yea, but a Miracle Whip is just what ya want to hear HF on you TH-F6A!

Gotta try that Duke's stuff...I could eat a whole jar of Hellman's right out of the jar. What heaven!

KA5PIU
01-26-2011, 10:27 PM
Hello,

Best burger, In-n-Out.
Best Mayo', Duke's.
Best Hotdog, Chicago style or Coney Island Vienna Kosher.
Best Mexican, made by real Mexicans, and you can find that pretty much anywhere in the South West.
Best Italian, something from Chicago or NYC, a little shop or something.
Best Pizza, Chicago and NYC each have their style, and again, this is something you can not franchise in large numbers and expect it to come out right, find that one shop that does it right, ask around and you will find what you are looking for.
Best milkshake, right now I am leaning to Dairy Queen but the AAFES on base is also real good.
In every case it is what YOU like.
I like a sackful of Krystal or White Castle every once in a while.
Most Mexicans hate the things, say that they are too greasy, like most Mexican is health food? ;)
I am very open, provided it is done RIGHT!

w3bny
01-27-2011, 09:49 AM

Ive tasted dukes....and euphoric and addictive arent the words I would use with freekin mayonaise. Just oil, eggs, lemon juice and salt. Come on...not like it has heroin in it or something. sheez...

WV6Z
01-27-2011, 10:04 AM
Or does it? Only CF Sauer and the the folk at the plant in Mauldin, SC know for sure....................

WV6Z
01-27-2011, 10:07 AM
John, you are the "Duke of Dead Threads"! :bowdown:

:rofl:

Actually I resurrected this one and how did you know that my second middle name is John?

W3WN
01-27-2011, 11:48 AM
a very light dose of the stuff for me on a sandwich, and never anywhere else ... especially not on hot food (like a hamburger)--this is just plain disgusting!
Do you know why a lot of fast food places (such as BK) put mayo be default on a burger?

It holds the lettuce in place. Really. That's why the sandwich is constructed the way it is... the tomato slices push the lettuce onto the mayo, which acts like a glue to hold it all together when the "professional sandwich technician" (the poor grunt making minimum wage) flips the top half onto the bottom half.

W3WN
01-27-2011, 12:17 PM
< snip >
Of note: according to their own webpage, Hellmann's and Best Foods is exactly the same mayo and come out of the same industrial factory. It's just for different markets. Both have the slogan, "Bring Out The Best" under the name on the label and Hellmann's is a dark blue background and Best Foods is light blue.They're made in the same plant, but allegedly, the original formulas (which are very similar) are still used for each brand. The company founded by the creator of Hellmann's was bought out by Best Foods in 1932. They use the Best brand name (and formula) west of the Rockie's, the Hellmann's brand (etc) east of the Rockies.

At one time, the parent company also owned Skippy peanut butter.

W3MIV
01-27-2011, 06:03 PM
Or does it? Only CF Sauer and the the folk at the plant in Mauldin, SC know for sure....................

One thing I know for sure: It's hard as all hell to get to move through a needle.