PDA

View Full Version : Spring is here

rot
03-20-2009, 09:33 AM
Yeppers me fave.
Got the relatives(niece et.al.,I think) coming tomorrow.
She has a 2er testing out his legs, rambunctious boy they say.
Got me a ripe mudhole due west of the radiobarn.
The ladies will hit the shopping circuit round 1p if the predictions hold.
Gonna take that boy down to the mudhole.
We're gonna stomp that thing.
DirtyPlan2009,NC
rot

N2RJ
03-20-2009, 12:52 PM
Spring is here:

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2009/0 ... w_jer.html (http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2009/03/snow_falls_in_northern_new_jer.html)

http://blog.nj.com/ledgerupdates_impact/2009/03/large_Picture%20010.jpg

kg4kww
03-20-2009, 12:59 PM
I'm so glad that spring has sprung.

:D

kd6nig
03-20-2009, 01:49 PM
Yeah its funny that today is 75 here, but this weekend is supposed to be rainy again, with the warm weather to return next week.

Snow level may get down to 3500' tomorrow night :)

Welcome, spring :) Even going to be messed up in California.

n2ize
03-20-2009, 03:49 PM
Did you have to remind me. I HATE spring.

KG4CGC
03-20-2009, 04:09 PM
Did anyone else feel the gravity slam?

WZ7U
03-20-2009, 05:01 PM
No, but I did hear a boingy sound early this morning..........

al2n
03-20-2009, 05:03 PM
Got another 6-8 weeks before we have our 21 days of spring.

We call it break up. That is when all the ice and snow melts and the stores run out of windshield washer fluid. Everything is a muddy brown mess for a bit before it all turns green and wonderful.

Currently 21 degrees and sunny outside.

N2NH
03-20-2009, 05:20 PM
Spring is here:

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2009/0 ... w_jer.html (http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2009/03/snow_falls_in_northern_new_jer.html)

http://blog.nj.com/ledgerupdates_impact/2009/03/large_Picture%20010.jpg

Oddly enough we had snow in the city too, where it's usually much warmer than the sticks.

WZ7U
03-20-2009, 05:26 PM
I....cant.....resist..............

Perhaps global warming?

Bwaaa haa haa haa :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Told you I couldnt resist

N2NH
03-20-2009, 05:30 PM
I....cant.....resist..............
Perhaps global warming?
Bwaaa haa haa haa :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Told you I couldnt resist

Of course it is.

It was 40 degrees when that snow fell.

W3MIV
03-20-2009, 05:49 PM
Yeppers me fave.
Got the relatives(niece et.al.,I think) coming tomorrow.
She has a 2er testing out his legs, rambunctious boy they say.
Got me a ripe mudhole due west of the radiobarn.
The ladies will hit the shopping circuit round 1p if the predictions hold.
Gonna take that boy down to the mudhole.
We're gonna stomp that thing.
DirtyPlan2009,NC
rot

Wish I could sit in the weeds up side of that barn and watch. Nothing, but nothing, beats a good mudhole. Pigs ain't as stupid as we think. ;)

I'm jealous.

WZ7U
03-20-2009, 07:12 PM
Albi, I'd second that thought. That would be fun to witness. Spring rocks!

BTW, that guy you have in the upper right of your posts looks like he needs a step program for forum addiction. Lookin pretty hard by my estimate. I hope I dont get like that, too much worse anyway.....

kg4kww
03-20-2009, 08:52 PM
Well hopefully the upper bands will start to improve. I know that 144MHz SSB will improve with the warmer temps.

Spring means chicks in sun dresses. :dance

KG4CGC
03-20-2009, 09:25 PM
Well hopefully the upper bands will start to improve. I know that 144MHz SSB will improve with the warmer temps.

But will they be wearing panties?

W7XF
03-20-2009, 11:46 PM

[attachment=0:1nl0zpk1]california_white_chicks.jpg[/attachment:1nl0zpk1]

Crypt Boi... you are one sick puppy.

rot
03-22-2009, 03:42 PM
well this spring is not starting well. saturday i took a spill and dislocated my right elbow. spent the fam visit in the er.
hurts like a mofo.
pardon while i pass on the shift key stretch.
gotta get a mri tomorrow and probably surgery.
effin lovely and yes i pooped the party.
dumbazz move of the decade.
gotmeds,nc
rot

N7YA
03-23-2009, 12:51 AM
Got another 6-8 weeks before we have our 21 days of spring.

We call it break up. That is when all the ice and snow melts and the stores run out of windshield washer fluid. Everything is a muddy brown mess for a bit before it all turns green and wonderful.

Currently 21 degrees and sunny outside.

Break up was one of those mushy memories of childhood when all the old dog poo in the yard would finally be available to step on...and i will confirm the mud. But aside from the skeetos, it was beyond beautiful.

Down here, we just concluded our 21 days of winter.

kf0rt
03-23-2009, 05:25 PM
well this spring is not starting well. saturday i took a spill and dislocated my right elbow. spent the fam visit in the er.
hurts like a mofo.
gotmeds,nc
rot

Yikes. Hope they get you patched up good.

N2RJ
03-23-2009, 07:03 PM
Oddly enough we had snow in the city too, where it's usually much warmer than the sticks.

Tell me about it. I am SO ready for winter and the cold weather to be GONE. Bring on summer.

n2ize
03-23-2009, 07:37 PM

Tell me about it. I am SO ready for winter and the cold weather to be GONE. Bring on summer.

Well, I hope it stays cold until it is ready to be HOT. That's how I like it. Blazing HOT and HUMID or windy and cold. I HATE in between garbage weather.

AK7V
03-23-2009, 07:41 PM
Not spring yet here in my part of sunny southern California. Snowed yesterday and 20 degrees this morning. But, in another few weeks it'll probably be near 100 down at work. Gotta love the extremes!

ad4mg
03-25-2009, 03:49 AM
hurts like a mofo.
gotmeds,nc
rot

Mercy! Hope that goes well for ya, man. Damn, at least you got meds! :dance

rot
03-25-2009, 07:37 AM
the effin mri was THE WORST!!!
they slam ya into a torpedo tube and its like you are inside a transmission with gears being changed constantly using no clutch. even with earplugs it was loud as hell.
15 minutes of much suckdom.
cool technology..pissy implementation...for me anyway.
go to see the doc in a few to see if i get knifed.
search dislocated elbow on utoob. damn nasty.
my son has to tie my shoes for me...much humility.

anyway...the dogwoods are starting to bloom and that looks pretty in the woods.
enuf negative waves from here...
enjoy springtime ....i still love it..me fave.
dexterhindered,nc
rot

N8YX
03-25-2009, 07:42 AM
Weren't you going to go mudhole stompin' on Saturday, or have I mixed you up with someone else? :think

rot
03-25-2009, 07:59 AM
Weren't you going to go mudhole stompin' on Saturday, or have I mixed you up with someone else? :think
no that was me...i busted my azz prior to the stomp..never made it to the mud...interacted negatively with an inclined plane/gravity deal.
go figure.
rot

W3MIV
03-25-2009, 08:18 AM
the effin mri was THE WORST!!!
they slam ya into a torpedo tube and its like you are inside a transmission with gears being changed constantly using no clutch. even with earplugs it was loud as hell.
15 minutes of much suckdom.
cool technology..pissy implementation...for me anyway.
go to see the doc in a few to see if i get knifed.
search dislocated elbow on utoob. damn nasty.
my son has to tie my shoes for me...much humility.

anyway...the dogwoods are starting to bloom and that looks pretty in the woods.
enuf negative waves from here...
enjoy springtime ....i still love it..me fave.
dexterhindered,nc
rot

Sorry to hear all that. I spent three weeks in traction in a VA hospital, and then several months in casts -- first open due to the need for surgery to heal, then closed due to need for immobilization. Smashed the oboe going overside after slipping on trunk cabin roof of Dickerson ketch in '74. Flailed and struck bronze jib track as I plunged past it. Big splash. Big splinters. Big hurt.

I shall be pulling for you. Bear in mind, "this too shall pass." The mud'll be there next spring and the kid'll only be a year older (and possibly better able to really stomp).

al2n
03-25-2009, 08:31 AM
Hope that arm injury does not interfere with your ability to reach for another Yuengling.

Get well and take it easy.

The weather up here is starting to warm up. High is expected to hit 38 today with a low in the mid 20's.

WV6Z
03-18-2011, 09:57 AM
It seems befitting to resurrect this post today.

Oh and just for shits and grins, which Islander does this remind you of?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb0kiiB3O-o

rot
03-18-2011, 01:23 PM
Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......Forgot all about 2009. My has the time gone by....
Just noticed the peach trees are blooming...
Damn I love this tune

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRl3Gsy2ANE&feature=player_embedded
Time Marches on.
rot

kc7jty
03-18-2011, 09:17 PM
http://www.edcooper.com/107503-sunset-on-Mt-Borah-I.gif
mebbe round the end of May.

N2NH
03-18-2011, 09:40 PM
It was warm yesterday and girls were flaunting their bods today when we finally broke 70. The eye candy is getting better and that's saying a lot.

KJ3N
03-18-2011, 10:11 PM
Spring is here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhuMLpdnOjY

:rofl: :rofl:

W1GUH
03-19-2011, 03:49 PM
It was warm yesterday and girls were flaunting their bods today when we finally broke 70. The eye candy is getting better and that's saying a lot.

Best part of spring. Trouble is, usually the first blossoms that come out are those that shouldn't. Usually have to wait for them to ripen in about a month! But...maybe this year will be different.

kd8dey
03-19-2011, 07:59 PM
Yup Spring has sprung. Spearmint is starting to come up in my oak barrel planter. Thinking about starting a 2nd barrel so I can make even more Iced Mint Tea.

Me and the grandson have been living bachelor style for just over a week. Wifoid 1.0 has been in the hospital fighting a nasty blood infection compliments of a doctor.

2 weeks ago the doctors fucked up. The fistula they put in for dialysis a few months ago didn't take properly. they were supposed to put in one of those temporary deals so she could start treatment while they try to figure out how to salvage it.

Instead, they put in one of the permanent type that goes into your neck vein. Hello infection.

The hospital had to remove everything the clinic put in including a port from 6 months ago that already had been replaced 2 months after they did it the first time after it stopped working.

When the hospital removed it the surgeon discovered that the clinic that did the original work and replacement left in the sutures from the first implant......

everything's out except for the NON working fistula which puts her back to square 1

On top of it she and a bunch of other patients on her floor were exposed to methicillin resistant staph so everybody visiting them have to wear sterile gowns. (the same new wing they just opened that had the outbreak of legionaries)

Now I need to go find me one of those renal cookbooks and change my cooking style and I cannot even afford to get my stripped brake caliper fixed so I don't have to beg a ride to go see her.

My life is a soap opera (as the stomach turns)

W1GUH
03-19-2011, 08:35 PM
Here's hoping that all works out. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

kd8dey
03-19-2011, 11:11 PM
Here's hoping that all works out. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Thanks. Hopefully she will be out Monday or Tuesday by the sound of things. Still gotta figure out how I am going to get her to her Dialysis appointments 3 times a week. Dropped out of classes with only 3 quarters left to go till graduation till I can get things organized to start back again.

Gotta learn how to plan and cook for diabetic renal patients, ( not to mention gastric bypass). Will have to figure out what she can even have between the 3 restrictions. low potassium, low phosphorus, lower protein yada yada. The kind of foods she really doesn't care that much for. Gonna take some commitment on her part.

NQ6U
03-19-2011, 11:55 PM
Spring has sprung, the grass has rizz
I wonders where the birdies is.

W3MIV
03-20-2011, 06:36 AM
Spring has sprung, the grass has rizz
I wonders where the birdies is.

They are here at my house. Shitting on my new car, of course.

WØTKX
03-20-2011, 09:34 AM
Did you get your Sonata in a black and white spackle paintjob?

NQ6U
03-20-2011, 12:58 PM
They are here at my house. Shitting on my new car, of course.

That's what birds do. It's in their job description.

kb2vxa
03-21-2011, 01:19 AM
We had a couple of days of shirtsleeve weather but now it's cold and damp with blustery wind. Rain is on the way, it's already on the radar... yuch. Yeah, spring has sprung but quickly went back into hiding.

"They are here at my house. Shitting on my new car, of course."
Consider yourself lucky.

NQ6U
03-21-2011, 08:55 AM
We had a couple of days of shirtsleeve weather but now it's cold and damp with blustery wind. Rain is on the way, it's already on the radar... yuch. Yeah, spring has sprung but quickly went back into hiding.

Same here on the Islets of Langerhans—48° F (9°C) with heavy rain & hail this morning.

W1GUH
03-21-2011, 10:01 AM
Had nice, thick snow showers this morning.

kd8dey
04-06-2011, 10:09 AM
Well, Just short of 3 weeks and the wifoid is back in surgery again replacing the same shit they just replaced to get rid of the infection. (quit working/defective). This shit is getting ridiculous. She's getting fed up with all the surgeries. Turning her into a pin cushion "running hose" through her upper chest into her neck vein for the 3rd time.

If I ever have to go through all this crap myself I think I'll just blow my brains out and get it over with (less suffering that way)

W3WN
04-06-2011, 10:17 AM
Well, Just short of 3 weeks and the wifoid is back in surgery again replacing the same shit they just replaced to get rid of the infection. (quit working/defective). This shit is getting ridiculous. She's getting fed up with all the surgeries. Turning her into a pin cushion "running hose" through her upper chest into her neck vein for the 3rd time.

If I ever to go through all this crap myself I think I'll just blow my brains out and get it over with (less suffering that way)I know you don't really mean that, but just in case you do... can I have your radios? :evil:

W3WN
04-06-2011, 10:21 AM
Spring officially starts in Pittsburgh tomorrow at 1:35 PM.

First pitch, home opener.

NQ6U
04-06-2011, 10:28 AM
Spring officially starts in Pittsburgh tomorrow at 1:35 PM.

First pitch, home opener.

The Padres had their home opener yesterday and beat the (World Champion) San Francisco Giants 3-1. So, they're sitting at .800 for the season right now and I'm gonna enjoy that while it lasts.

W3WN
04-06-2011, 10:51 AM
The Padres had their home opener yesterday and beat the (World Champion) San Francisco Giants 3-1. So, they're sitting at .800 for the season right now and I'm gonna enjoy that while it lasts.I know the feeling.

So anyway, yesterday, Jessie is in her History class. The teacher has a "pop quiz" everyday, the kids are asked to write down 4 things that happened on that day in history. He's going through the papers, comes to hers, stops, looks up, and says "So Jessie, tell me, are you going to be sick on Thursday? <cough><cough>"

Of course, she replies that she's starting to not feel so well, and yes, will probably be out "sick" on Thursday.

Then a classmate of hers turns and asks "Jessie! Are you going to the Home Opener!?!"

And the whole class breaks up laughing. They know. Probably the whole Middle School knows.

My son thinks that if the Principal is a jackass (which I think he is, but that's another story), he might just send the Truancy Police to come get her. Sure. How are they going to get into the ballpark? PNC Park is officially a sell out...

(Yes, I know that the cops can get in anyway, don't spoil the humor)