PDA

View Full Version : IC-7600

N1LAF
10-26-2008, 08:43 AM
Haven't heard about this rig on this forum, but here is first look at the new ICOM IC-7600

- Less expensive than IC-7700
- Seen as replacement for IC-756 ProIII
- Built-in RTTY/PSK31 RX and TX, front panel USB keyboard connector

http://www.ab4oj.com/icom/ic7600/main.html

http://www.rigpix.com/icom/ic7600.jpg

KB3LAZ
10-27-2008, 03:55 PM
I just bought my pro3 so Im not looking to get a new radio anytime soon. I dont care for the looks of the 7600.

M0GLO
10-30-2008, 07:36 AM
I just bought my pro3 so Im not looking to get a new radio anytime soon. I dont care for the looks of the 7600.

Looks like a gang member to me, or maybe a hooker...

N1LAF
10-31-2008, 03:10 PM
I like the fact it has both RTTY and PSK31 support without the need of an external terminal or computer. Plug in a USB keyboard, and go at it. If it is within $800 of the pro3, I would spend for the extra.

11-01-2008, 10:02 AM

Looks like a gang member to me, or maybe a hooker...
I'm waiting for the I calm, I see 69 oh oh.

KB3LAZ
03-01-2010, 01:03 AM
I actually got to play with a 7600 and though it is not smexy IMHO I did rather enjoy my time with it. One thing i cant get over is the gain control knobs...you push them in and they pop out like in an old car stereo..and feel cheap..speaking of which after time those little things always break or fall off of a car stereo and I bet it will be the same with the 7600 after extensive use. Obviously not an issue for those of you that use a computer interface to control your rigs but I don't.

That being said if you can control a pro iii there is not much of a learning curve with the 7600...

N8YX
03-01-2010, 11:52 AM
I actually got to play with a 7600 and though it is not smexy IMHO I did rather enjoy my time with it. One thing i cant get over is the gain control knobs...you push them in and they pop out like in an old car stereo..and feel cheap..speaking of which after time those little things always break or fall off of a car stereo and I bet it will be the same with the 7600 after extensive use. Obviously not an issue for those of you that use a computer interface to control your rigs but I don't.
Remember the IC-735 with the slider controls and little plastic door to cover them?

Once again...Icom...WTF are you thinking?

KB3LAZ
03-01-2010, 07:13 PM
Remember the IC-735 with the slider controls and little plastic door to cover them?

Once again...Icom...WTF are you thinking?

Yes, yes I do.