PDA

View Full Version : Hello again

N2RJ
09-16-2022, 12:05 PM
Hello friends. Been a while. How have you been?

Yep it’s me. Yes, really. Life has been up and down but mostly good. Enjoying radio. Enjoying life and all that has to go with it. Hope all is well.

N8YX
09-16-2022, 01:46 PM
Time and tides wait for no one. Quite evident here - we've lost a few members due to that thing called "mortality".

Since we last spoke I lost 'DSG but gained a new lady, more gear, better digs - still managed to keep Nicki and her partner as close friends. Are you still running your IC-7000 mobile? I bought one, along with a Kenwood DNX-9980 and a bunch of other peripherals for the car. One of these days I might get around to installing everything.

PA5COR
09-16-2022, 03:23 PM
Welcome back, i just got older....

N2RJ
09-16-2022, 05:00 PM
Time and tides wait for no one. Quite evident here - we've lost a few members due to that thing called "mortality".

Since we last spoke I lost 'DSG but gained a new lady, more gear, better digs - still managed to keep Nicki and her partner as close friends. Are you still running your IC-7000 mobile? I bought one, along with a Kenwood DNX-9980 and a bunch of other peripherals for the car. One of these days I might get around to installing everything.

No. I drive a Tesla and the noise is just too high. I do remote now to the home station. I run a flex and also an icom 705 portable.

kb2crk
09-16-2022, 07:48 PM
Welcome back to the Island. Been a while

W3WN
09-17-2022, 12:18 AM
Welcome back.

Nothing big here since your last visit.

New job. Little Miss Field Day graduated college, is currently working in her field, and slowly rising through the independent ranks of professional wrestling. My grandson is officially a teenager. The Boss is walking again. Same old same old.

WZ7U
09-17-2022, 01:20 PM
Hi Ria, I'm trying to recall the highlights here but really the double bypass in '17 is probably the biggest "oh qwap" going on with me. Glad to have you back to the island.

Like I said before, that is pretty brave being interviewed by the likes of the gym teacher over yonder. Good on you and your division is lucky to have you. Also, kinda funny how the usual suspects have taken the thread over yonder concerning said interview and turned it into an argument about computers. SMH, gl in the test and 73!

N8YX
09-17-2022, 01:45 PM
One other thing in the radio front: I've gotten into JRC equipment. Going to try to keep posting repair/mod tech threads regarding the gear, but moving the shack from House A to House B gets in the way of my test bench time.

N2RJ
09-18-2022, 09:19 AM
Hi Ria, I'm trying to recall the highlights here but really the double bypass in '17 is probably the biggest "oh qwap" going on with me. Glad to have you back to the island.

Like I said before, that is pretty brave being interviewed by the likes of the gym teacher over yonder. Good on you and your division is lucky to have you. Also, kinda funny how the usual suspects have taken the thread over yonder concerning said interview and turned it into an argument about computers. SMH, gl in the test and 73!

He's actually not a bad sport. I interviewed him in turn. I was asked to take down the video (you can guess by whom) but I actually didn't and just kept the video demonetized (so youtube can keep the $5 or so I would have made from the video). He does have some good points even if he is anti-contest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2FenGsteRE