PDA

View Full Version : SAVE SOIL

suddenseer
04-06-2022, 12:17 AM
My favorite mystic Sadhguru, is riding his motorcycle to bring a very alarming message about our future. Decades of corporate farming techniques have robbed the soil of essential micronutrients. Hitherto, farmers placed animal manure and compost into the soil to replenish these micronutrients. It is estimated that mass starvation will be a reality in thirty years or so. This is probably our only chance to reverse the deadly trend line. This issue makes man made climate change look like a small challenge.

He is one of the few raising this alarm.

When Sadhguru speaks, the UN listens.

He is not a nut in my view.

https://youtu.be/wQaeiYGRhdE

kb2vxa
04-06-2022, 05:33 AM
He may not be a nut, but it would be nice to know where he gets his information from so I can do my homework and find verification if any. I always look under a speaker to see what he/she stands on, I NEVER take unknowns for blind truth, religion is about faith, science is about verification. Surely you've heard of scientific method, if an experiment is repeatable theory has become fact, if not it remains theory open to question. First off two questions need answers; what is commercial farming, and what are MICROnutrients?

I've not known farmers to use anything besides organic fertilizer, for example, every year the Dayton hamfester is held in spring just ahead of planting. Along the interstate on the way out there is a horrible stench as farmers spray pig manure mixed with water from trucks like those used to spray waste oil on dirt roads to keep dust down. The way back is at night when breathing is easier. ('->)

The High Aswan Dam in Egypt has changed millennia old farming by causing sediment to pile up behind it robbing farmers of enriched soil during flood season. Also the rich delta is washing into the sea, now it is almost gone. One day the generators will stop spinning, turbines clogged with mud and Egypt will go back to the old ways. A bigger problem is why are the bees dying off? Remember Silent Spring when DDT was destroying bird eggs? That's an unmistakable clue for those with eyes to see. Sure, there are other pollinators, but not nearly as efficient and prolific, and they don't make nature's sweetener that doesn't spoil and is a medicinal agent... honey. Oh, bee's wax makes a great lubricant. We're eating up fossil fuels like no tomorrow, soon there will be no tomorrow. I could go on and on about Man's self destructive ways that make the sad guru's woe fade into insignificance. 'Nuff said.

suddenseer
04-06-2022, 12:12 PM
He may not be a nut, but it would be nice to know where he gets his information from so I can do my homework and find verification if any. I always look under a speaker to see what he/she stands on, I NEVER take unknowns for blind truth, religion is about faith, science is about verification. Surely you've heard of scientific method, if an experiment is repeatable theory has become fact, if not it remains theory open to question. First off two questions need answers; what is commercial farming, and what are MICROnutrients?

I've not known farmers to use anything besides organic fertilizer, for example, every year the Dayton hamfester is held in spring just ahead of planting. Along the interstate on the way out there is a horrible stench as farmers spray pig manure mixed with water from trucks like those used to spray waste oil on dirt roads to keep dust down. The way back is at night when breathing is easier. ('->)

The High Aswan Dam in Egypt has changed millennia old farming by causing sediment to pile up behind it robbing farmers of enriched soil during flood season. Also the rich delta is washing into the sea, now it is almost gone. One day the generators will stop spinning, turbines clogged with mud and Egypt will go back to the old ways. A bigger problem is why are the bees dying off? Remember Silent Spring when DDT was destroying bird eggs? That's an unmistakable clue for those with eyes to see. Sure, there are other pollinators, but not nearly as efficient and prolific, and they don't make nature's sweetener that doesn't spoil and is a medicinal agent... honey. Oh, bee's wax makes a great lubricant. We're eating up fossil fuels like no tomorrow, soon there will be no tomorrow. I could go on and on about Man's self destructive ways that make the sad guru's woe fade into insignificance. 'Nuff said.

Ok, once you realize the quantity of micronutrients returned, vs. quantity removed over all (it's simple arithmetic) you might realize the trend line is untenable. The farmer I worked for in Ohio as a teen used manure pools, and sprayed the fields. They started renting their fields to corporate ag business decades ago, using non tillage methods. Copy/paste across the globe, replenished micronutrients cuts into corporate profits. In my personal experience, they ended up selling the land to commercial development.

I understand your common point of view to not be concerned for future generations, that's why the world is so f*ked up.