PDA

View Full Version : Richard Simmons

suddenseer
04-04-2022, 09:57 PM
Someone asked me a weird question about how I remember Richard Simmons. I went down my short list, because I really didn't watch him on TV, but he was on every commercial break, and talk shows like Carson. I was specifically asked about his outfits. Shorts, tank top, sneakers, gym socks, headband, wrist bands.

Check the search engines, you will not find photos, or videos of him wearing headbands, or wrist bands. If you look up Richard Simmons Halloween Costumes, you will find many folks wearing his missing gear. Apparently they remember him wearing the bands. I remember him wearing the bands.

Am I the only person here that mis-remembered?

I was shocked at my fake memory. I thought I only forgot names, places.and stuff, not my visual memory.

WZ7U
04-04-2022, 10:16 PM
Hold on, there's a glitch in the matrix. Staff are aware. Watch for the repairman... should be there shortly. Answers to Mr. Smith

W3WN
04-05-2022, 04:16 AM
No, you do not misremember.

suddenseer
04-05-2022, 10:21 AM
No, you do not misremember.

I was 99% sure that he wore those bands. He wears bands only in the Halloween costumes. 🎃
Learning my attention to detail, and memory recall apparently is horrible. Am I the only one with CRS disorder?

K4PIH
04-05-2022, 01:14 PM
I remember him wearing the bands but I don't remember if it was an occasional thing or not.

suddenseer
04-05-2022, 04:31 PM
I remember him wearing the bands but I don't remember if it was an occasional thing or not.

I wasted too many minutes looking at celebrity workout videos, and books, photos, etc. I only saw three people wearing headbands , no wrist bands. I am obviously conflating other memories (I hope).

Thankfully, "Theres nothing like a face of a kid eating a Hershey's bar" is still an accurate recall. :lol:

W3WN
04-05-2022, 08:00 PM
Check out some of his many appearances on Letterman.

...and I hope he was in on the joke, because otherwise, Dave comes across as more than a bit mean.

kb2vxa
04-06-2022, 05:57 AM
My CRS has progressed to the terminal phase CRAFT. He wore the same clothes we wore in gym class, the usual workout togs. I remember him as the first prancing nancy boy on TV always happy as they are because they're making million$ dancin' anna prancin' and having a good time. Millions of women followed him, not a single man, we were working out to Jack Lalanne. Now that the LGBTABCXYZ Community is out we have Randu Rainbow and Pink Guy who looks like he copied Woody Allen's sperm cell costumes and dyed them pink.

Speaking of Woody, in Sleeper he played a robot, and I instantly recognized a key piece of their costumes, Argonne crystal microphone cartridges in their mouths. They were key elements we used for repairing and making CB mics in the 60s and early 70s before the band went to hell in a hand basket.

suddenseer
04-07-2022, 08:11 AM
I have another conflated set of memories; The Fruit Of The Loom logo does NOT contain a cornucopia horn shaped basket, it never did.

It's a trade mark, never had a basket except in my mind.

KG4CGC
04-07-2022, 09:40 AM
I think the golden leaves in the older logos gave that effect. OR ... like I said about 911 and the way the flag hangs,
"someone's been messing with the timeline again."

https://mandelaeffect.fandom.com/wiki/Fruit_of_the_Loom?file=FotL_logo_history.png

suddenseer
04-07-2022, 11:02 AM
I think the golden leaves in the older logos gave that effect. OR ... like I said about 911 and the way the flag hangs,
"someone's been messing with the timeline again."

https://mandelaeffect.fandom.com/wiki/Fruit_of_the_Loom?file=FotL_logo_history.png

There are several parallel universes arguments, and these conflated memories I think many of us have (I do) are reality in another one. Another is, we are in a computer rendered virtual reality, and these are the glitches. I think the answer is simply we humans tend to conflate memories, and fill in gaps, with mixture of real memories. This is why eyewitness testimony is crappy evidence compared to measuring devices, like cameras that can capture event data.
I've been reading the supplement papers from some international conferences on Free Will.
It seems when a person is wired up to FMRI, and other electronics that can monitor real time brain activity, indicates that most people when offered choices to decide on, will push a button when they make up their mind. There is strong, convincing evidence that indicates a person's brain makes a decision in micro seconds, as opposed to when the subject "felt" that they made a decision. This has strong legal implications because the evidence suggests we are NOT in control of our bodes like we feel.

https://youtu.be/TTSYzWkK5Qo

NQ6U
04-07-2022, 07:46 PM
I have another conflated set of memories; The Fruit Of The Loom logo does NOT contain a cornucopia horn shaped basket, it never did.

It's a trade mark, never had a basket except in my mind.

As a bad Catholic boy, I used “Fruit of the Loom” to make fun of a certain prayer. If you’re an RC, you'll know which one I mean. If not, you won't think it's funny anyhow.

suddenseer
04-08-2022, 04:53 AM
As a bad Catholic boy, I used “Fruit of the Loom” to make fun of a certain prayer. If you’re an RC, you'll know which one I mean. If not, you won't think it's funny anyhow.

I'm not RC, and I know the difference between a loom, and a womb, you reprobate you.:smoker:

KB2SFH
04-09-2022, 01:52 PM
I don't know how you all went from Richard Simmons to Fruit of the loom but I remember Richard for his deal a meal and sweating to the oldies.
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/bW4AAOSwNHZe186y/s-l400.jpg
https://media.movieassets.com/static/images/items/movies/posters/0b8501474ae4ea58dc22ab0f7535d864.jpg

K7RAN
04-11-2022, 09:47 PM
Stop. Don’t try to tell me that Richard Simmons wasn’t part of the Fruit of the Loom logo peeking out the left side of the cornucopia. Timeline tampering indeed!

W3WN
04-11-2022, 10:06 PM
Stop. Don’t try to tell me that Richard Simmons wasn’t part of the Fruit of the Loom logo peeking out the left side of the cornucopia. Timeline tampering indeed!
Wouldn’t dream of it. He’s all yours.

N7YA
04-16-2022, 07:05 PM
I think people included the headband in the costume to keep the Red afro from falling off as they got increasingly intoxicated.