PDA

View Full Version : It’s St. Patrick’s Day

NQ6U
03-17-2022, 11:41 AM
https://i.imgur.com/kWeC0Qh.png

KG4CGC
03-17-2022, 11:49 AM
It's hard to celebrate someone who ran the pagans out of Ireland when it was the pagans who gave Ireland their entire culture before booze and potatoes.

NQ6U
03-17-2022, 12:57 PM
Potatoes didn’t even come to Europe until the Columbian Exchange of the 16th Century, over 1000 years after St. Patrick died.

I’m pretty sure alcohol in some form or another predates that by a significant amount.

WZ7U
03-17-2022, 02:27 PM
Is it Patron Saint of Alcoholism Day again??

Shit, I might've missed it. Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

W3WN
03-17-2022, 03:26 PM
Only day of the year that when you see someone green in the Airport, you don't figure it having anything to do with the flight! (Especially if they flew Southern or Spirit)

KG4CGC
03-17-2022, 03:52 PM
As a student of Paganism early on, I do appreciate Irish heritage. I am part Scots-Irish myself if we were to look at the biological ancestors that led to my physical existence whose DNA was passed down to me.
The snakes referred to were the Pagans, ie; the non Catholics/non Christians of the time.
I rejected my Catholicism at age 15 and have been in recovery ever since. Notice the use of the word "my" in that sentence. I do not deny or begrudge others their choice.

NQ6U
03-17-2022, 04:09 PM
Notice the use of the word "my" in that sentence. I do not deny or begrudge others their choice.

Lapsed Mackerel Snapper here as well.

I don’t care what anyone else believes either but, as the saying goes, religion is like a penis: It’s a very fine thing to have but please don’t go waving yours in my face.

WZ7U
03-17-2022, 04:19 PM
LOL

KC9ECI
03-17-2022, 09:03 PM
That reminds me...I need to go have a beer. Been one of them busy kind of days.

W3WN
03-17-2022, 09:33 PM
That reminds me...I need to go have a beer. Been one of them busy kind of days.
Have one for me, please. I’m no longer permitted.

KG4CGC
03-17-2022, 09:41 PM
Lapsed Mackerel Snapper here as well.

I don’t care what anyone else believes either but, as the saying goes, religion is like a penis: It’s a very fine thing to have but please don’t go waving yours in my face.

Then whatever you do, do not ... I repeat, DO NOT go to meatspin dot com.

WZ7U
03-17-2022, 10:00 PM
How would you know that, Ash?

lol

KG4CGC
03-17-2022, 10:11 PM
I once jokingly said: "I have come to the end of the Internet and have seen everything."
It was then that someone sent me a link to a carnivorous butterfly page. Carnivorous butterflies? WTF I said.
I was immediately redirected to meat spin.

KG4CGC
03-17-2022, 10:15 PM
How would you know that, Ash?

lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKcAYMb5uk4

kb2vxa
03-18-2022, 11:00 AM
Pagans and i go way back to 1969 when on my first full time job nearly everyone in the shop was a biker. There I met Ronny "The Rat" Dunaway, V.P. of The Pagans M.C. Rahway, N.J. Chapter and when he found out I went to school with his sister I was in like Flynn. Oh boy did they throw some mean parties! Some years later a good friend left the Catlick Church and became a Wiccan, he didn't like coughing up fur balls. I never did drink that nasty green beer, but a pint 'o chocklit (Guinness Stout) with a Jamison's chaser will get you from here to Mars.

Now don't confuse Pattie short for Patrick mixed up with Paddy, a completely different Irish name the Paddy Wagon was named after. Patrick aka Pattie was an ordinary guy until he took on the Pagans Pict Chapter that worshipped snakes, and drove them out of The Emerald Isle, Harleys, BMWs, Moto Guzzis and all. After spitting out fur balls in astonishment and issuing some Papal bull stuff that guy with the funny hat elevated him by Otis to sainthood. He deserved it, only a saint would have the cajones to take on the Pagans and win! Actually they're allright, it's all about respect and when you understand that you have nothing to fear. Psalm 23?

As for me, I'm quite fond of the Pink Floyd tune with the longest title of all: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpWJv7alqQE and it surely helps to understand a little Gaelic when playing it.

Aye an a bit o' mackerel, fiddler, rack and fear
And I rutted down by the hade and the furrow
Well, I slipped me in a flop and hit down and I shied
And I cried, cried, cried
The fear of fallin' down aft' taken, never back to rise
And then cried 'Mary!' and I tucked up
Wi' a Claymore out and about
And I run down, down the mechyn sty
And beckoned the fiery whore
That was fallin' around the feet
"Never", I cried. "Never shall ye get me alive
Ya rotten hound of the Burnie Brae"
Well, I snapped for a blade and a Claymore cut and thrust
And I fell down before him 'round his feet
(That was pretty avant-garde, wasn't it?)
Aye, a roar he cried! Frae the bottom of his heart
That I would nay fall but dead, dead as a can by a feat deah...
And the wind cried back

Thank you

No, it still doesn't make a whole heck of a lot of sense! (;->)

KG4CGC
03-18-2022, 12:02 PM
Pagans and i go way back to 1969 when on my first full time job nearly everyone in the shop was a <snip a bunch of stuff>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDEhCm0pxCo