PDA

View Full Version : Still alive & kicking!

kb2vxa
03-15-2022, 10:54 AM
Hi y'all,

I'm still alive, it was my computer Oz the great and powerful that died, sort of. It was one of those things when a number of cock-ups going back nearly a year all came together making poor Oz unbootable. My only recourse was to wipe C, reinstall Windblows (Shades of W95!),dig into my vast mother lode of installers, and rebuild the whole bloody mess from scratch. Naturally it was full of scratches that had to be tracked down, disinfected, and bandaged. The most difficult were what looked like group policy changes that were registry entries that needed editing. Don't ask, I have no idea how THAT happened to a new install. Anyway, after I got THAT mess straightened out I had another in my e-mail address book to install and untangle, last and certainly not least was rebuilding Firefox and digging URLs out of my by then overcooked brain barely functioning. So here I am to the chagrin of some and dismay of others, and once again when I fire up this beast Oz asks that timeless question "I am OZ the great and powerful! Who are you?" A tap on the space bar answeres his question, then typing my password I log in. Nope, this is not exactly a private home, thank goodness it's not an Internet Cafe. (;->)