PDA

View Full Version : Banned From Mickey Dees!

W3WN
02-12-2022, 03:27 AM
Well, I managed on Friday afternoon to get myself banned from the Airport McDonalds. Over a dime.

Had to grab a quick something, they didn't have a line (Chick Fil A did... their chicken sandwiches ARE better), so I went and ordered a Crispy Chicken Sandwich. (If only they were actually crispy! But I digress again). Total with sales tax came to $4.16. Highway robbery, I know...

So I hand the cashier a five, a quarter, and a penny. That's $5.26.

Cashier slaps a dollar bill on the counter for change. I say, "isn't that short a dime?" "No, it isn't, your change is a buck!"

Yup. Another high school graduate who can't do 3rd grade arithmetic. (The register? She was impatient, only put in that I gave her a five, so clearly I confused her)

We argued for a minute. I kept calm... she kept raising her voice and getting agitated. She INSISTED that the $.84 the register said I was owed, plus the $.26 I gave her, came out to $1.

Finally a manager came over to unlock the register and give me the dime. Does the schmuck say a word? Nothing. Just gives me the stink eye. Meanwhile, the cashier has escalated her temper tantrum... finally says to me "why did you give me 26 cents?!?!" I calmly replied "so that you wouldn't have to count out 84 cents in change, change your sign says you're short of. But don't worry, I won't make THAT mistake again." Her reply: "You better not!" Clearly, sarcasm is lost on her as well.

Cashier storms away, and as the manager hands me the dime, quietly mutters "don't come back."

Bottom line: I got banned from McDonalds, because I tried to save the store a little change, and the cashier can't add or subtract to save her life.

And the "crispy" sandwich was anything but... another victim of 20+ minutes under the heat lamp. Wonder why they weren't busy?

Oh well, could be worse. The entire staff for Breeze Airways got banned from the MexAmerican place, Steel Cactus... because the cashier picked a fight with one of the agents (who is one of Little Miss Field Day's BFF's) and told the agent to never come back. When the (then) GM for PIT Breeze talked with the manager for Steel Cactus, he was told that she didn't want to hear it, and by the way, the entire staff was welcome to stay away. Nice.

suddenseer
02-12-2022, 10:33 AM
Don't feel bad, my inebriated boss managed to get myself, and another engineer banned from the best steak house in Saltio, Mx...it involved excessive alcohol consumption, not major public displays of aggression like thou😄😄

KG4CGC
02-12-2022, 11:27 AM
AITA? I see these in reddits all the time.
There's some shit floating through the air that causes people to hear you say anything but, what you actually said. Often, they are just looking for an excuse. An excuse to what you ask? An excuse to validate their current state of mind, mood, etc.

W3WN
02-12-2022, 12:26 PM
Oh, I’m quite familiar with the AITA forums on Reddit. May just have to post this one.

Don’t know what her problem is/was. Don’t care. I just don’t like being ripped off, especially by the future Karen’s of the world.

KG4CGC
02-12-2022, 12:50 PM
I hear you, Ron. She probably saw you, formed an instant opinion, then lost her shit when you pointed out her faux pas.

WZ7U
02-12-2022, 04:54 PM
People suck.

W3WN
02-12-2022, 04:59 PM
People suck.
Maybe, but she wasn’t that good looking. A little makeup, a few pimples popped, a clean shirt... nah, can’t put lipstick on a [ trayfe farm animal ].

kb2crk
02-12-2022, 05:48 PM
Pig Ron, can't put lipstick on a Pig.. Well you can but it wont be easy

WZ7U
02-12-2022, 06:01 PM
Or accomplish the goal.

N8YX
02-12-2022, 06:58 PM
Full service automation in the fast-food industry will end these problems.

And the staff have only themselves to blame when it happens.

W3WN
02-12-2022, 07:04 PM
Pig Ron, can't put lipstick on a Pig.. Well you can but it wont be easy
No Shiite, Sherlock That was a little joke,

KG4CGC
02-12-2022, 11:59 PM
I take it that this ends the in depth analysis part of this thread?

[ETA]: (as he glares off staringly)

WZ7U
02-13-2022, 12:53 AM
Full service automation in the fast-food industry will end these problems.

And the staff have only themselves to blame when it happens.

Somebody has to service the machines, so there will be 1 or 2 poor schlubs stuck on 12 hour shifts watching the burgers go by. Can you imagine the waste that will make? Perhaps like the waste on tractor forms in printers of old. My job as a wee lad at home evenings involved pulling those cogged strips of paper off miles of reports my Dad made at work and brought home at night to massage into the finished product - financial reports for the company.

When bottom lines start suffering, personnel will be shifted, but if the entire personnel pool is defective, it never ends. We're in for quite the ride.

kb2vxa
02-13-2022, 07:01 AM
My friends and I have names for everything like these flash fart places we avoid, McDouchebag's, Booger Fling, Toxic Hell, and Wednesday's after that evil Addams Family girl. Airport prices aren't highway robbery, their airway robbery, they take your breath away. It pays to be an airport employee wearing a P.A. pouch. When I worked at Newark (NJ) Airport The Lone Lady server in an empty Roy Rogers piled my tray with free food, the best "fried" chicken hot from the autoclave, no deep fat frying like Kentucky Fried Chipmunk dripping grease, and the best roast beef sandwiches EVER. That BTW was before pimple faced kids, products of No Child Left Behind that pushes them along through graduation even though they fail most of their classes.

Fast forward to a friend and I coming home from a hamfester in Pennsylvania stopping in a convenience store for some munchies. At least the dumber than dog shit girl behind the counter didn't raise a fuss, and the cash register BTW didn't have those little pictures on the keys like in McDouchebag's for dummies that don't even know the price of the products as displayed for customers. I did what you did Ron, handed her enough cash so the change game out to even paper, I don't like coins weighing down my pocket. Here's a cashier's tip for the next time you fly The Unfriendly Skies, I taught her how to make change without doing any arithmetic. Start at the cost of the sale, then count change upward to the amount tendered, there's your change, easy peasy, no fuss, no muss.

Just a song before I go, a lesson to be learned. Traveling twice the speed of sound it's easy to get burned.

K4PIH
02-14-2022, 09:22 AM
Ron, Maybe the manager was asking you not to come back because he had problems already with miss uneducated doofus!

I mean maybe that was it. I know, a big stretch!

W3WN
02-14-2022, 12:02 PM
Well, there is some truth in "good help is hard to find."

And it's corollary, "bad help is hard to get rid of"

See: Reddit AITA forums

K4PIH
02-14-2022, 12:37 PM
Well, there is some truth in "good help is hard to find."

And it's corollary, "bad help is hard to get rid of"

See: Reddit AITA forums

I like that quote!

NQ6U
02-14-2022, 06:30 PM
[…] bad help is hard to get rid of"

Like one of my coworkers who’s apparently never turned a wrench or a screwdriver in his life and can’t tell the difference between a regular nut and a nylon locking nut or a flat head and an oval head machine screw, which forces me to spend way too much time having to sort though bins of stainless steel hardware.