PDA

View Full Version : Watch Out For Angi

koŘm
01-17-2022, 12:42 AM
"It", "She" started out as a website that you had to pay to become a member of to get hooked-up with local Handymen, Plumbers and the such; "Angie's List dot Com" was what it was called.

Then, they dropped the consumer based money grab and, turned it around; if you want your business to be seen on Angi.com you have to pay them and, Angi wants a cut of what trade you have via their site.

On the page, they recommend that you read the TOS before continuing; READ THE TOS!

By clicking any link, you are making a commitment yourself to their cut-throat business scheme; they sent "Joe-the-Handyman" out who looked at what I needed done. He admitted that he could only be a middleman-contractor because the job was bigger than him.

Whatever Joe was going to hook-up, he didn't want it to go through Angi.com so he took my cell number and told me he would have an estimate in a week or so.

Back to Angi, the bitch is flooding my inbox and cellphone trying to see if Joe did the job under the table; you know something going on when the first thing they, "This is a recorded call" , really?

I unsubscribed from the 5+ Angi news letters and removed the app from my phone and when they call, I screen their calls and send them to voicemail hell.

Don't click on any links on that site.

W3WN
01-17-2022, 01:15 PM
Angi is no longer “Angie’s List.” It was bought by, and then merged into, Homeadvisor.

It is not what it once was. Caveat that Emptor.

KG4CGC
01-17-2022, 01:19 PM
Welcome to America! Where ____ and ____ has been legitimized for financial gain.
I would go on but the thread is not in Politico.

kb2vxa
01-18-2022, 05:52 AM
I've always been a DIY guy with a little help from my friends, now retired and there are always friends. Who needs Angi when you have your own list?

kb2crk
01-18-2022, 05:26 PM
Shit they have a list for handymen? I always just fixed it myself.