PDA

View Full Version : Hit or miss on Ebay

kb2crk
12-31-2021, 09:20 PM
Received a used lens today that I bought on Ebay with a low ball best offer. It was listed as lightly used in very good condition. Well It focused fine and then faulted out the camera. I was able to get a picture or two out of it before it just faulted the camera when powered up. Seller said he will check his inventory and replace it if he has another one. If not he will work a refund so nothing lost other than some time. This was a Tamron 28-300mm f3.5- 5.6 lens. Nothing fancy but for 60 bucks was worth a try.
I have a different lens on the way for the wife for her Birthday in February that I am going to have to test. This one was pricey for me but the Canon L series lenses dont come cheap and for one of those it was cheap. I hope it is good as I would rather not have to start all over looking for.

kb2crk
01-06-2022, 03:56 PM
Well the Canon EF 35-350 L lens showed up yesterday. It shows signs of usage but works well. Now it is time to hide it until the better half's birthday in February. It should work well with her EOS 1DS mkII. I might borrow it after that and share the pictures here.

KG4CGC
01-07-2022, 02:37 AM
Be careful not to think about it too hard. Brainwaves and stuff ... man.
Your better half might pick up on your Brainwaves!

kb2vxa
01-07-2022, 07:06 AM
At LAST, a cure for every type of mental illness, and those pesky brain slugs too! https://rochdaleherald.co.uk/2017/03/04/trump-wears-tinfoil-hat-stop-obama-hearing-thoughts/

kb2crk
01-07-2022, 08:26 PM
Be careful not to think about it too hard. Brainwaves and stuff ... man.
Your better half might pick up on your Brainwaves!

She has a habit of reading my mind. The lens is hidden behind the radios in the shack......lol