PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Eve

KG4CGC
12-31-2021, 05:40 PM
Simple question: Have you decided on what beverage you'll be throwing up later tonight?

I have chosen to avoid vomiting and stick to one soda beverage and some water.

PA5COR
12-31-2021, 06:04 PM
coffee as usual....

WZ7U
01-01-2022, 02:49 AM
I'm blowing my keto all to hell with stuff I'm not supposed to eat and a coffee freeze from Dutch Brothers. Then food coma. No alcohol due to blooming die a beat us, maybe a sugar pop. Getting old isn't for sissies.

KG4CGC
01-01-2022, 03:04 AM
I had fizzy water, a fake beer, toasted with sparkling grape juice, a ginger beer and a huckleberry soda.

WZ7U
01-01-2022, 03:43 AM
Oh, forgot about the yee yee. Just a little bit of yee yee. No calories, no sugar, no fat, no cholesterol, no shit. Actually, Mrs U has one helluva green thumb.

And she puts up with me. Score!

KC9ECI
01-03-2022, 05:49 AM
I had a nice selection of things to drink. G&T, various wines from partial bottles that needed to be finished and then a few good belts of absenthe from the bottle my neighbor delivered to me as a thank you for pushing the snow out of her and her sisters driveways. A fairly restrained NYE here this year.

KG4CGC
01-12-2022, 03:19 PM
KC9ECI, fairly restrained you say?

KG4CGC
01-12-2022, 03:19 PM
Well, I haven't had any hol since before Christmas. Just not feeling it.

kb2crk
01-16-2022, 04:20 PM
Just had a couple Toasted Bocks.
No throwing up with that little bit.

KC9ECI
01-17-2022, 07:04 AM
KC9ECI, fairly restrained you say?

Yeah, you probably don't want to see me on a bender. Shenanigans have occurred. Might need a few stiff shots later. Woke up to no sense of taste/smell this morning. Some other indicators as well. Called in to work, can't get a test until tomorrow morning. Guess I'll have to isolate myself in the shack for a few days. Maybe see if the wife will slip food under the door for me 60 Days In style.

KG4CGC
01-17-2022, 01:16 PM
Oh, sorry to hear the news about your covidity. It can be a real suckfest or a mild annoyance. Either way, the latter doesn't make it any less serious.
Speedy recovery. Get well soon. May the Great White Lord delivery you from Nancy Pelosi's fake virus.

KC9ECI
01-18-2022, 11:11 AM
Thanks. My boss keeps telling me it's just a bad cold. He doesn't say that to my co-worker who just returned from planting his two brothers. Or my other co-worker who's been out for two months now, still unable to catch his breath. So far it's just annoying and hopefully stays that way. My bride has noticed mild symptoms for he first time this morning when she woke up. We are all vaxed and boosted with the DNA modifying Nancybots though so we should be good commie slaves by the end of the week.

NQ6U
01-19-2022, 11:44 AM
[...] My boss keeps telling me it's just a bad cold. He doesn't say that to my co-worker who just returned from planting his two brothers. Or my other co-worker who's been out for two months now, still unable to catch his breath. [...]

Or the GF’s sister and brother who both have been dealing with long haul COVID symptoms since early on in the pandemic.

Downplaying the potential seriousness the SARS-CoV-2 virus is unwise.

WZ7U
01-19-2022, 04:40 PM
Agreed. I'm wondering if this shit is ever going to go away...
I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.

KG4CGC
01-19-2022, 05:11 PM
Agreed. I'm wondering if this shit is ever going to go away...
I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.

It's not going away soon. I will keep wearing my mask and getting my shots not just for this but for the seasonal flu as well.
Here in America, we've been trained to believe that collateral damage ie; flu deaths are acceptable. They're not.
Masks, hand washing etc, lowers transmission of the flu as well as everything else we deal with.
But I'm preaching to the choir here.

kb2vxa
01-20-2022, 08:07 AM
Long ago Sun Tzu said never underestimate the enemy, and now we have an enemy of the world that's not going to be defeated in the foreseeable future. How well I know it's NOT a bad cold after having been knocked down by the first wave, and now puzzled by the asymptomatic second wave I'm going through now. This one is a nasty annoyance in the food department, our garbage I wouldn't feed to a dog is made worse served cold on disposable plastic dishes, utensils and fiber trays. How about cold egg and "hot" cereal served cold... YUCK! Oh, none of the traditional bacon or ham, not even the scrapple I love, the Rappin' Rabbis say "Can't touch this.".

KC9ECI
01-20-2022, 02:09 PM
Had to venture out today to get heating pellets for my fireplace. Called ahead for them to leave what I needed where I could get at it without contacting anyone else. I was easily fatigued but otherwise OK. No sense of taste or smell to speak of but I can sense the alcohol in whiskey but couldn't tell any difference between vodka or scotch.

NQ6U
01-21-2022, 01:30 PM
[…] I can sense the alcohol in whiskey but couldn't tell any difference between vodka or scotch.

That‘s not an entirely bad thing. Switching to Great Value brand scotch will save you a lot on your bar bill.

K4PIH
01-21-2022, 04:10 PM
Lone Star, the beer to drink first if you're gonna drink more beer. Get buzzed on the cheap stuff first then switch.

KC9ECI
01-26-2022, 05:38 PM
Taste has returned to an extent, but smell is still pretty muted. Still feeling run down and there's a constant but mild headache in the background.

WZ7U
01-26-2022, 05:46 PM
But if you listen to the whacko wing, there's nothing going on, its just a cold.

Yeah, fuck them.

KG4CGC
01-27-2022, 12:32 AM
I thought we were supposed to be the whackos. You mean there are other whackos?
BLASPHEMY!

WZ7U
01-27-2022, 02:13 AM
We're only wackos because we don't subscribe to their wackoism. See, we're just fine.

KG4CGC
01-27-2022, 11:26 AM
We're only wackos because we don't subscribe to their wackoism. See, we're just fine.

https://www.google.com/search?q=i%27m+fine&tbm=isch&chips=q:i%27m+fine,g_1:art:0aYC6X_Q5Rk%3D&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjOsfWHrNL1AhUDoVMKHdjDAvAQ4lYoCHoECAEQK w&biw=1263&bih=567#imgrc=EUM2SxIv1yvjDM