PDA

View Full Version : Think Drink

KG4CGC
09-01-2021, 01:24 PM
Think of a drink and let's find it on the web. Maybe we can learn about new combinations and whatever else is out there.
It doesn't have to be alcoholic. It could be energy, protein or what have you.

Green Dragon: https://merryjane.com/health/how-to-make-cannabis-infused-liquor-green-dragon

KB2SFH
09-04-2021, 06:13 PM
Think of a drink and let's find it on the web. Maybe we can learn about new combinations and whatever else is out there.

Green Dragon: https://merryjane.com/health/how-to-make-cannabis-infused-liquor-green-dragon

I created what I call the lemon teaser, I tried to get it to catch on in a bar I hung in decades ago but bartender wasn't interested. It's a very generous splash of Harvey's Bristol cream on the rocks, add your favorite ginger ale and top with a twist of lemon and a twist of lime. I like it when I don't want something heavy but still refreshing and gives me a good buzz.

KG4CGC
09-05-2021, 10:26 AM
Thank you. I learned a good bit about Harveys Bristol Cream today. No apostrophe.
I remember the commercial from long ago.
I found a ginger ale recipe with lemon peel, no lime or twisting.

https://www.diffordsguide.com/cocktails/recipe/4347/ginger-snap-fino-sherry-and-ginger-ale

KB2SFH
09-05-2021, 12:45 PM
Thank you. I learned a good bit about Harveys Bristol Cream today. No apostrophe.
I remember the commercial from long ago.
I found a ginger ale recipe with lemon peel, no lime or twisting.

https://www.diffordsguide.com/cocktails/recipe/4347/ginger-snap-fino-sherry-and-ginger-ale

I wasn't aware they had a similar recipe so I AM the original creator of The Lemon Teaser then!!!:spin::spin::spin:

KG4CGC
09-05-2021, 02:06 PM
We used to make a 3 way shot with your choice of whiskey, Kahlua and Baileys Irish Cream. Shaken with ice and strained into 3 shot glasses. It was also good added to a cold Starbucks espresso from the small can mixed about 50/50.
Never could come up with a name.
Then some college punks claimed to have come up with it and they called it a Duck Fart. Morons.

kb2vxa
09-06-2021, 08:52 AM
The Green Slime* used to be absinthe popular in New Orleans, but by the time my parental units got around to Mardi Gras it had been banned. The Green Dragon has been around for a while Charles, have they made it legal in your neck of the woods yet? Alabama will be the last, but eventually America will catch wise to The Netherlands Model, for the most part only tourists use Loco Weed.

* The Green Slime (oozing, oozing down your leg) became the CB handle of a kid not wrapped too tight upon his hearing my recitation of bizarre song lyrics as late night Beat Poetry on Chicken Band. The lyrics that caused that minor disaster were those of I Am The Slime by Frank Zappa. I changed "oozing out of your TV set" to "oozing out of your CB set". The Mothers did it on Saturday Night Live with a cool effect, shaving cream oozing out of suspended monitors making piles on the floor. Mark Bolan of T. Rex was the king of weird, "You're built like a car you have a hub cap dinosaur halo. You're built like a car, oh yeah." Try to beat THAT, I won't. I don't want a girlfriend I'd make love to her tailpipe and get my nob burnt and covered with soot!

BTW Cheech & Chong started something, and Tommy Chong carried on the tradition starring in the first of The Evil Bong movie series, all of them funny as all ____. On the other end of the stoner movies scale is Star Weed, but the message is clear. NEVER let on where someone's secret grow is after they've been kind enough to lead you to it and let you smoke it (don't take any home) or they'll have to kill you. After all it's still illegal at the federal level (Schedule 1 CDS) because there's more money in prohibition than taxation.

KB2SFH
09-06-2021, 11:04 AM
Sorry, I don't think I could ever bring myself to drinking or even eating something called a duck fart without gagging.

We used to make a 3 way shot with your choice of whiskey, Kahlua and Baileys Irish Cream. Shaken with ice and strained into 3 shot glasses. It was also good added to a cold Starbucks espresso from the small can mixed about 50/50.
Never could come up with a name.
Then some college punks claimed to have come up with it and they called it a Duck Fart. Morons.

KG4CGC
09-06-2021, 03:40 PM
So it would seem that others have claimed the Duck Fart as well. However, a layered drink? Not mine!
Eh, I'll call mine, The Peddler.

KG4CGC
09-07-2021, 01:15 AM
Ah HA!
I see I've put this in the wrong area. It should be in Food & Beverage.
Well, I guess that's what happens when you're _______.
Yeah, I'm ________.

ad4mg
09-07-2021, 03:14 AM
Ah HA!
I see I've put this in the wrong area. It should be in Food & Beverage.
Well, I guess that's what happens when you're _______.
Yeah, I'm ________.

An easy fix!

KG4CGC
09-07-2021, 02:21 PM
Thank you, Luke! You know there's a Senior Executive Administrator title out there, somewhere, if you want it.

KG4CGC
09-07-2021, 02:34 PM
Some time back, back in the day, back when the only people that existed were troglodytes. Cave men, Cave women, Neanderthal.
Troglodytes.
We came up with a drink I called the Van Helsing. It was Grand Marnier, Crown Royal and Chambord. Add a shot of vodka to it, shake with ice and strain and it was a Grandfather Van Helsing. Why? Who knows?

Today I found what some people with what must be nasty taste buds are calling a Van Helsing. It contains white pepper syrup and garlic.

KG4CGC
09-07-2021, 10:44 PM
To be sure, I would add the Van Helsing drink above with the pepper and garlic to ground sausage while cooking in the pan for making Bahn Mi.

KG4CGC
09-10-2021, 04:11 PM
Another one I forgot about, Chambord, Goldschlagger and Meyers dark rum.

kb2vxa
09-11-2021, 09:50 AM
Just a heads up mates, read these lyrics if'n ye got the ken, ye may be put off rum f'rev'r more if ye don't! https://lyricstranslate.com/en/sea-shanties-derelictyo-ho-ho-and-bottle-rum-complete-lyrics.html As fer meself, I'll stick with the Green Dragon... if I can stay from smoking up th' fixins. While on the subject of intoxicants, you'll get a great laugh out of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3ecDYxOkg

KB2SFH
09-11-2021, 03:10 PM
About that Chambord, did you ever have it generously poured over a nice bowl of french vanilla ice cream? It makes for a great different dessert idea to serve company or for yourself when you want to indulge.

Another one I forgot about, Chambord, Goldschlagger and Meyers dark rum.

KG4CGC
09-11-2021, 11:37 PM
About that Chambord, did you ever have it generously poured over a nice bowl of french vanilla ice cream? It makes for a great different dessert idea to serve company or for yourself when you want to indulge.

I think I had it poured over a decadent chocolate mouse thing once. It was chocolate mouse in a small cup made out of dark chocolate topped with a quarter or half shot of Chambord.

KB2SFH
09-12-2021, 12:48 PM
That sounds awesomesauce. I think it would go well over a rich chocolate ice cream or cheesecakes too.

I think I had it poured over a decadent chocolate mouse thing once. It was chocolate mouse in a small cup made out of dark chocolate topped with a quarter or half shot of Chambord.

KG4CGC
09-19-2021, 04:04 AM
HAAH! Just realized I called it a mouse!

"Hey Google."

Google says mousse.

KG4CGC
10-07-2021, 03:13 PM
So many IPA's. Can't tolerate the ultra hoppy drink anymore.
If I want a beer, it has to be a rich darky.

K4PIH
10-07-2021, 07:45 PM
Peppermint schnapps, shot of Bailey's, 7up, ice, blender. No name except one more please.

KG4CGC
10-07-2021, 11:06 PM
Frozen Nipple

KB2SFH
10-24-2021, 02:57 PM
I've been doing Jack Daniels and coke lately, and feeling very buzzed and loving it.:spin::mallethead:

KG4CGC
10-24-2021, 03:24 PM
I've been doing Jack Daniels and coke lately, and feeling very buzzed and loving it.:spin::mallethead:

Jack Daniels is an interesting brew. How do you like the flavor of the charred barrels?
Better yet, I mean, can you describe the taste and what you like about it?

KB2SFH
10-25-2021, 10:01 AM
I didn't like it plain at all, I only like it mixed with coke or cherry coke, my only goal is to get real buzzed.

Jack Daniels is an interesting brew. How do you like the flavor of the charred barrels?
Better yet, I mean, can you describe the taste and what you like about it?

KG4CGC
10-25-2021, 12:01 PM
A long time ago I used to enjoy smokey scotch but I have drifted away from smokey spirits.

WØTKX
10-28-2021, 09:08 PM
I'm mourning the demise of the cheap ass wonder of Evan Williams Green Label.
Seriously, it was like getting discount ski lift tickets.

I'll be OK, I just (re)joined Costco. The Kirkland bourbon is decent.

kb2crk
10-30-2021, 04:19 PM
I am just kicked back with an Erdinger Weisbier Dunkel

WZ7U
10-30-2021, 04:49 PM
Cold coffee. On a sunny but chilly afternoon in the PNW.

kb2crk
10-30-2021, 05:22 PM
Cold coffee. On a sunny but chilly afternoon in the PNW.

I was drinking coffee right up until I cracked the Dunkel open.

n6hcm
10-31-2021, 05:39 AM
I want to have more cocktails in my life but I never seem to have the right stuff around when I want to have one. (yeah, there are bars nearby, but they want you to dress up and I've descended into the pandemic lifestyle...)

KG4CGC
07-04-2022, 11:32 PM
8 months later and I've put red wine into the mix. You know, for health and stuff.

suddenseer
07-10-2022, 09:34 AM

I enjoy hi tech instant infused drinks every day.. THC drink powders, and drops. Nothing beats a nice espresso with 25 MG.of infused THC.
I'm enjoying a cup of popular infused green tea now. I've had infused punches, sodas, teas, coffees, and hot cocoa., Wakey Bakey. High tech cannabis is cool.

KG4CGC
10-02-2022, 08:23 PM
I've run out of ideas. I've reversed my trend towards craft microbrews and enjoy just a simple lager. I think Kona Longboard is what I had on hand last.
I got a Sweet Baby Java by DuClaw Brewing Co but it's way too bitter. It's supposed to be an espresso infused peanut butter porter. I like porter but no one knows how to make one anymore. Sierra Nevada used to make the best porter but now their porter tastes weak and cheap.

KG4CGC
10-14-2022, 12:47 PM
WEAK AND CHEAP I SAY!

kb2crk
10-14-2022, 07:01 PM
Aldi Bekken Bock is not bad for a light beer

NQ6U
10-15-2022, 05:12 PM
WEAK AND CHEAP I SAY!

We’ve never even met but you got me pegged.

HUGH
11-07-2022, 06:22 AM
The green stuff, is this what the Pope drinks?

KG4CGC
11-07-2022, 09:40 AM
The green stuff, is this what the Pope drinks?

I believe one (or two) of the Popes past used to endorse or was an advocate for a coca leaf infused wine.

It was also in a wine (https://aux.avclub.com/this-cocaine-infused-wine-was-endorsed-by-a-19th-centur-1846013083) endorsed by a pope. Two popes, actually.
The brand was Vin Mariani, the brainchild of French chemist and winemaker Angelo Mariani. In the mid- to late 1800s, the beverage was widely circulated in France, the United States, and Italy, where both Pope Leo XIII and Pope Pius X were said to be enthusiastic imbibers.

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/644226/vin-mariani-cocaine-wine-history

NQ6U
07-02-2023, 08:22 PM
So, it was Luau Day at the marina today so naturally I had to have a rum punch, which came with an umbrella, which put me in mind of The Island.

https://i.imgur.com/BFWmNpE.png

Ella won the hula hoop competition, which got her free slip rent for the month of July — a pretty nice prize for five minutes of work. I’ve started calling her “Ms. Hula Hoop Champion Ma’am.”