PA5COR
01-03-2021, 05:18 PM
getting the same notification...

N8YX
01-03-2021, 05:57 PM
Gave Mike and Luke a heads-up...

KG4CGC
01-03-2021, 07:19 PM
OK. If it's all good now then please delete this thread.

Thank you.

ad4mg
01-04-2021, 11:40 AM
Working on this... I need Michael to perform the magic. Hope to have resolved soon!

WZ7U
01-05-2021, 06:55 AM
Good out here. Thanks guys!

ad4mg
01-05-2021, 08:35 AM
Good out here. Thanks guys!

Michael healed us this morning, before coffee!

PA5COR
01-05-2021, 03:15 PM
Yep, sorted thanks !

WZ7U
01-05-2021, 04:12 PM
Michael healed us this morning, before coffee!
That's cruel, asking of anyone pre-coffee. Good thing only the best inhabit the Island.

Thank you Michael! You are most certainly appreciated!

KG4CGC
01-05-2021, 06:40 PM
Michael, just take the bar cart.

KD8TUT
01-05-2021, 10:22 PM
Group hug.... go...

WØTKX
01-06-2021, 04:55 PM
:awww:

Gimme a shot of that Bullit Rye.

:bowdown:

VE7DCW
01-07-2021, 07:38 PM
Michael, just take the bar cart.

Damn,just give him the entire liquor store :yes:

KG4CGC
01-07-2021, 11:02 PM
Damn,just give him the entire liquor store :yes:

It's OK. That's Boehner's old cart, retired from the Halls of Congress. It was used until the wheels fell off.
I did a little refurb job on it but to be sure, it's a piece of history. Of course, you could always ask Michael to share.

KD8TUT
01-10-2021, 09:33 PM
I should also point out that I was naked when I took care of the cert...

BUCK neked!

W3WN
01-11-2021, 12:37 PM
I should also point out that I was naked when I took care of the cert...

BUCK neked!
TMI

kb2vxa
01-11-2021, 01:07 PM
BUCK nekkid? Is that your antlers over the door?

TMI, Three Mile Island, Jimmy Carter used his nuclear engineering to help fix that one.

Anywho the cert is good, I logged in normally this time, tnx.

WØTKX
01-12-2021, 07:44 PM
Biddibiddibiddibiddi... OK BUCK

https://y.yarn.co/a63f6dc3-3c68-4a92-8f67-1282928b841b_screenshot.jpg

W3WN
01-12-2021, 08:13 PM
No. No, no, no, NO! Not that... that... that abomination from bad 1970’s TV. NO!

Eyebleach!

...and someone page Duck Dodgers!

WØTKX
01-14-2021, 11:48 AM
I thought the show was funny. A little too cheesy, not enough satire to be hilarious.

No Spaceballs, yea. As requested...

https://youtu.be/55JSKgquA2U

W3WN
01-14-2021, 08:04 PM
Actually, I was thinking of the original Duck Dodgers shorts... I never saw the cartoon series.

Enjoyed the clip, tho. Evan got all the references and homages, right down to the Iron Giant. And Sea Man... they slipped THAT one past the censors!

WØTKX
01-15-2021, 06:46 PM
I like the WB cartoons. Earthworm Jim was hilarious.

Animaniacs got a reboot. No Wheel of Morality. Yet.

https://youtu.be/dx36GRy8axQ

https://youtu.be/dx36GRy8axQ

kb2vxa
01-17-2021, 09:22 AM
Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto. From the depths of Robot Hell he arose to battle Duck Dogers! (Bad guys always lose, die a thousand times, but are immortal just like in the real world.) Unfortunately a change in the cable TV channel lineup left me without The Cartoon Channel so I can't enjoy the reboot of Animaniacs, Robot Chicken that had nothing to do with a robotic chicken and all the adult cartoons shown after parental units have put the younger units to bed. BTW the poorly translated manual for the Icom IC-25 called the driver stage the younger unit. I just KNEW the music behind the Animaniacs political parody sounded familiar and here it is in its original form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgVcSrXXU1s

KG4CGC
04-05-2021, 03:04 PM
Expired again for one reason or another.

PA5COR
04-05-2021, 03:48 PM
Seems to be working again, warnings stay out now.

ad4mg
04-06-2021, 03:45 AM
Expired again for one reason or another.

It's the nature of the certificate we use. These security certificates are valid only for a 90 day period, and it is my understanding that they are free. I don't want anyone to think I'm complaining (I've never mentioned this certificate issue before - ever), but donations here have averaged < 20% of expenses since we brought the site back after Jeff's unfortunate passing, and that's just the server expenses. This is the nature of forums these days, ours is not a unique situation. A purchased security certificate with a longer lifespan would just add to the costs. Frankly, I am no longer in a financial position to take on any additional expenses.

Now, we have a core group that responds every time I ask for donations. Many thanks to each and every one of you. When I do a donation request, we usually raise enough funds to cover the place for 2 - 3, maybe 4 months. I cannot, in good faith, keep expecting the same 10 or 12 folks to continue to support the site. This is why I haven't asked for donations again. The last call for donations was June of last year, and we raised enough to fund the site almost through September 2020. I've covered it since, except for $15 in donations we received from 2 new members.

Michael isn't available right now to fix the certificate, so it may be a few days before that happens. There is no danger, our communications are still encrypted, and the site is secure. Although the certificate expired on April 5, you can add an exception so that you no longer see the apocalyptic warning message when you log in. If you clear your browser cookies daily, you will continue to see the warning message. There is no immediate danger, although maintaining a current security certificate is a sound business practice. We will update the certificate as soon as it's possible.

Given the goings on at another amateur radio site, I can't find myself being unhappy about residents of the now defunct sewage treatment forum over there seeing the warning messages and being scared away.

KD8TUT
04-06-2021, 05:14 AM
Guys,

I'm recovering from Covid and will get to this as energy allows....

ad4mg
04-06-2021, 09:11 AM
Here is the data my Firefox browser is displaying for forums.hamisland.net at this time:

Browser: Firefox for Linux Mint ver 87.0 (64 bit)

Note that under "Technical Details" it is indicated that the connection is still encrypted.

It also indicates that I have not saved any passwords for this site. I never allow the browser to save my passwords (except on 2 "throw-away" email addresses), as they can easily be retrieved by anyone with access to your console. In Firefox, you can get a complete list, in ASCII text, of all saved log-ins with passwords in 3 mouse clicks. Something to consider, especially when disposing of older equipment!

KD8TUT
04-06-2021, 06:07 PM
Certificate updated

ad4mg
04-06-2021, 07:31 PM
Certificate updated

Thank you Michael! I hope that you're recovering from the virus, and have started feeling better...
Take care, my friend!

KG4CGC
04-06-2021, 11:32 PM
Sorry about your viral status. Thank you for all your hard work.

Got my first shot today.

WZ7U
04-06-2021, 11:37 PM
Michael, keep hanging tough man. Thanks for the reboot too, your sense of service is phenomenal. Still waiting on my shot(s), hoping for the best.

Thank you Michael.

KD8TUT
04-07-2021, 06:10 AM
Yup, I'm recovering.

I've been cleared for work. Still dragging bad.

Going in to the office for a half day to get the lay of the land. Have a new Epyc based server arriving- should load up my datacenter license and commence burn in this morning.

Will need to grab one of the young guys to move things around for me. Ah the joys of management: "Hey you- move this 200Lb rack computer..."

Sigh... should have stayed in bed.... lol

ad4mg
04-07-2021, 09:26 AM
Got my first shot today.

Got my 1st last Wednesday. It was the Pfizer brand. Injection spot was sore as hell Thursday, and I generally felt like crap until Saturday morning. A rough ride, but better than the alternative, I suppose.

W3WN
04-07-2021, 09:53 AM
My first was a week ago Friday. Also Pfizer.

Got the shot around 5. Didn't feel a thing until about 10, when the injection spot started getting sore. Felt crappy almost all day Saturday, but was fine on Sunday.

I've been reassured by a colleague (who's already gotten both shots) that we'll go through the same thing after the 2nd shot... only it will hit us a little harder. Oh, goody...

kb2vxa
04-07-2021, 01:05 PM
Hi Mike,

Oh boy, sorry to hear about your ailment, but OVERJOYED to hear you passed through HELL none the worse for wear. I know just how you feel having gone through it twice, first Spanish Flu in 1995 and Covid last year. I know, you have a wicked case of Dragon Butt, but you'll be back to your old self in about a week.

Maybe the board software needs a shot too? Today I received an e-mail from Sue KB2SFH with whom I've been having a PM conversation saying her AV on both computers is blocking access to The Island. That's odd, I have no problem, I told her it's a false flag and she should whitelist the URL.

KD8TUT
04-07-2021, 02:15 PM
Hi Mike,

Oh boy, sorry to hear about your ailment, but OVERJOYED to hear you passed through HELL none the worse for wear. I know just how you feel having gone through it twice, first Spanish Flu in 1995 and Covid last year. I know, you have a wicked case of Dragon Butt, but you'll be back to your old self in about a week.

Maybe the board software needs a shot too? Today I received an e-mail from Sue KB2SFH with whom I've been having a PM conversation saying her AV on both computers is blocking access to The Island. That's odd, I have no problem, I told her it's a false flag and she should whitelist the URL.

Now that the cert is renewed her error should go away.

However, some anti virus block let's Encrypt certs for no good reason other than the certificates are free.

kb2crk
04-08-2021, 05:16 PM
Had my second Pfizer shot a week ago Wednesday. No side effects from the first and a slight bruise from the second.

KG4CGC
04-08-2021, 10:47 PM
Moderna. Tuesday 1 PM injection.

Tuesday late evening had a little soreness at the injection site. Top of left arm closer to the joint than I've ever had an arm shot.

Wednesday I felt a little more soreness at the injection site with a little swelling and slight bruising 2" below injection site that ran about 3" long in a downward direction. All day Wednesday I felt jacked up and suffered from voice immodulation. I was pretty loud but I felt great.

Thursday I felt more normal but had some joint pain in the left wrist and occasional in the center of the outer forearm. Late in the evening I started feeling back pain between and below the shoulder blades. This pain has moved around a little. A little to the left, a little to the right.

All of these are old injury sites. Let's see what Friday brings.

N1LAF
04-09-2021, 06:21 PM
Had first shot (Pfizer) three weeks ago, same as others, soreness from same night, next day, arm felt like it was hit by a baseball, and a little run down.

Had second dose Wednesday. Soreness is not even worth mentioning, and no other effects.

n6hcm
04-09-2021, 10:31 PM
i love Let's Encrypt ... the ISP i use for my personal sites updates these automagically every quarter, which is also awesome.

fully vaxed (and well past the two week period). first moderna shot clobbered me, but second was a nothingburger. annoyedly, the NYS "excelsior passport" doesn't seem to have my second vax shot on record so it won't give me a pass ...

WØTKX
04-10-2021, 09:21 AM
Now that the cert is renewed her error should go away.

However, some anti virus block let's Encrypt certs for no good reason other than the certificates are free.

My paid Bitdefender AV bitched about the cert that expired, not the renewed one.

kb2vxa
04-10-2021, 10:57 AM
EEK! That avatar... IT BURNS! 'Scuse me while I run to the emergency eyewash station...

OK, I'm back, blinking.
"Now that the cert is renewed her error should go away."
It did.
"However, some anti virus block let's Encrypt certs for no good reason other than the certificates are free."
Consumer grade AVs have gone downhill, and some have fallen off a cliff since they went to "the cloud". When the local one that served for years got cloudy it ignored the ignore list and quarantined a bunch of sensitive parts of software off site, like borkning my VPN, and made them irretrievable. Gee, thanks, now I have to replace all of them!!! After trying this and that nearly wrecking the OS with so many installs and uninstalls my guru came through with Simantec Endpoint Protection enterprise grade AV and firewall completely on site, no firkin cloud. You guys may wish to look into it, I swear by it, not at it.

I know I mentioned this before, check out Cloudflare for DNS level protection in addition to it being the fastest DNS on the planet.
https://blog.cloudflare.com/introducing-1-1-1-1-for-families/

WØTKX
04-11-2021, 08:56 PM
Bitdefender "gets it".
That is all.

kb2vxa
04-12-2021, 07:43 AM
Sorry 'bout the spelling error, it's Symantec. You reminded me of a radio station I used to listen to a few years ago, and the slogan when on occasion they'd take a break from infernal commercials and DJ patter and play some music for a change, "Nine in a row or the rat gets it.".