PDA

View Full Version : Happy 2021 All

N8YX
01-01-2021, 11:05 AM
Did the New Year in right by IDing with our local group right on the dot of midnight.

10 minutes later, the frequency was dead quiet and most of us were fast asleep.

I had some pizza and a couple of strong stouts at 'DSG's place earlier in the evening, collected my lady friend and we were home by 10PM. She was passed out on the radio room couch by 11. So much for being party animals...!

KC9ECI
01-01-2021, 11:41 AM
I didn't make it anywhere even close to midnight. Was up at 4AM for work. Makes it difficult to stay up that late any more. Also the 2 bottles of wine, the meat and cheese plate and sitting in front of the fireplace with my bride contributed to the sleepies. Anyway, HNY to the lot of you.

KG4CGC
01-01-2021, 12:09 PM
Watched the neighborhood. Much more subdued this year with regard to fireworks. Has a little misting of rain around 1AM.
Smoked a New Year cigar. Honduran Bolivar. Ah yes, miss the old Honduran tastes of 25 years ago.
Cracked open a bottle of Temprenillo, fairly new, a 2018 and put one bottle back for sometime on down the road.
I've included a short message in the link.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJfWyCkjOWP/

W3WN
01-01-2021, 06:30 PM
LMFD went over to a friend’s house, they had a small gathering, had a great time.

The Boss and I stayed home, cleaned up, and got ready for the grandkids visit this afternoon (which was also great, BTW). Took a break from 11 to just after midnight; KDKA TV did a virtual First Night celebration.

Exciting? No, not really. But, such is life.

KC2UGV
01-02-2021, 12:52 AM
Well, I polished up the weapons, inventoried ammo. Counted down the near year, and our local new fucked it up good.

Happy new years all!

PA5COR
01-02-2021, 06:15 AM
Just a quiet night here with my son,
Happy new year, stay healthy.
Fireworks ban, but still some going up here though.
To bed at 01.00 another day done, last 10 years i cannot be bothered by it if that is Xmas or new year.
Went on the roof in the cold to put my X510N straight up because last storm whacked it 10 degrees out.
Used spirit level to put it up straight, it has a pancake like radiation pattern being 16 feet tall.
6 dBd gain on 2, 9 dBd gain on 70, ecoflex 15 coax losses 0.4 dB on 2, 0.89 on 70.
SO i had my fun on the slippery slanted tiled roof.
And yes, i'm not 25 anymore as i find out.

kb2vxa
01-04-2021, 09:20 AM
The last time I stayed up late was ringing in the Millennium with a bunch of big yellow blockbusters brought in from Ohio that left the back yard bomb cratered. West Creek being rural nobody calls the cops, there are no cops to call when all the guns go off at midnight. The blockbusters being loudest gave a strange effect, the shock waves deafened me momentarily so all I heard was the echoes through the pines.

This time around New Year begins on 20 January, you still have time to buy a recording barometer for the historical event being a sharp momentary drop in pressure. No, there's no storm coming, the storm will pass, you'll record the world inhaling in unison breathing a collective sigh of relief.

Cor watch yourself! I used to climb without safety gear where monkeys won't go giving my guardian angel such a fright, but I got wiser with age, wiser because I'm no longer able. (;->) Antenna jobs are for the young with stout rope and a safety harness. Speaking for the whole mob here we want you around for New Year celebrations to come!

PA5COR
01-04-2021, 05:29 PM
Yep, 68 and i should know better....my bad.