PDA

View Full Version : 2020 -- Not The Television Show

koØm
09-17-2020, 12:44 PM
So, how has 2020 directly affected your lives?

For me , the biggest change is the fear of and loss of human contact; shaking hands and hugging those dearest to you is a thing of the past.

Companies are using the Corona Virus as a means to maximize profit while lowering expenses related to physically employing individuals "In-house". Unemployment numbers are decreasing as more service jobs are being created but, Manufacturing and S.T.E.M. based jobs are not being refilled at the same rate.

What about you?

PA5COR
09-17-2020, 03:57 PM
Bit the same, social distancing, My son unemployed, not a biggy but he does not like it.
In the risk group, so i keep to the warnings, going for a walk here when the streets are mostly empty for a fresh breath of air, and staying more at home as i like.
Pensioned so no worry's about income, my son has unemployment benefit that won't go out, but looking for another job.
Just wondering when this wil be all past us and we can go back to what we considered normal.

n6hcm
09-18-2020, 12:01 AM
i got a reminder in my email today that I thought this would all be done by the autumn, and clearly that's not going to happen ... back in march people thought i was being overdramatic by predicting this so far out. :(

PA5COR
09-18-2020, 05:32 AM
I expect next year this time for it to be largly over if we find an serum that can help.
If not, we're royally fooked.