PDA

View Full Version : HBD announcements

ad4mg
08-30-2020, 06:02 AM
I've long carried on the tradition of wishing a Happy Birthday to loyal and long time supporters of the Island. The recent episode of my finding out that a dear friend (George, W2AMR) had passed after I posted a HBD message seriously rattled my cage.

I will be doing fewer of these greetings going forward, but I encourage anyone who feels compelled to note a friend's birthday to certainly do so.

If I don't announce anyone's birthday, please don't take it personally. :ashamed:

Luke

KG4CGC
08-30-2020, 01:51 PM
I kind of figured as much so if you don't do it by morning, I'll try to hit it in the afternoon.

N8YX
09-01-2020, 09:55 AM
Going to see more of these as time marches on, Luke. Hopefully new blood will find its way here and we'll continue the tradition.

W3WN
09-01-2020, 04:51 PM
Going to see more of these as time marches on, Luke. Hopefully new blood will find its way here and we'll continue the tradition.
You ain’t nailed me yet. :-D

Luke... it happens. Not your fault. Don’t let an unforeseen circumstance like that change what you’ve been doing. Keep doing good.

WZ7U
09-01-2020, 08:41 PM
Yes, agreed. But I understand the sentiment Luke. We just have to keep on keeping on imo.

PA5COR
09-02-2020, 08:24 AM
Not your fault Luke, you do your best to think about birthdays, i would not mind if that happened after i passed away before anyone knew it.
At least i won't be back to complain about it ;)