PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help!

ad4mg
06-04-2020, 08:53 PM
These are tough times, and I find myself struggling a little financially the past few months. This week has been particularly brutal, as county taxes (real estate & property taxes) were all due. I am still paying off medical bills from the first of the year. We had two incidents in January, and unfortunately, the deductibles for 2020 had to be addressed.

The server bill itself isn't a huge burden, but it's difficult to divert money to that when I could really use it elsewhere. Since Jeff passed, I am personally in the red for about $2500 paying the server and domain bills. Donations have helped, but have fallen off to pretty much nothing in the past 18 months.

Understanding that many others are in worse shape than myself, I hesitate to ask, but if anyone can kick in a small donation to help me keep the Island going, it would be deeply appreciated!

Donation buttons and links are at the top and bottom of the main page, and the donation button appears at the bottom of most other pages.

For those who prefer to not use PayPal, I will accept your personal check. My bank is about 1/4 mile up the street, so a check wouldn't be any trouble at all. My callbook address is good.

Thanks so much for reading all of this, and thanks for being loyal Islanders and supporting the site, with or without a donation!

Best 73,
Luke

N8YX
06-05-2020, 12:14 PM
The Donate link gives me a "Session Expired" page - even when I freshly log into P-P.

Might want to check things out...

KG4CGC
06-05-2020, 12:38 PM
The Donate link gives me a "Session Expired" page - even when I freshly log into P-P.

I used the one at the bottom. I think the one at the top has been messed up for a while.

WØTKX
06-05-2020, 02:41 PM
I used the one at the bottom. I think the one at the top has been messed up for a while.

Thanks Charles. Worked for me as well.

ad4mg
06-05-2020, 03:19 PM

Same thing here. We might just want to nix that link at the top of the page. Thanks!

N8YX
06-05-2020, 04:51 PM
Threw some cabbage at the joint...

WØTKX
06-05-2020, 07:35 PM

PA5COR
06-06-2020, 04:02 PM
Done.

Transactiereferentie: 78D64108KV0197537
my mail addy is cw.postma@ziggo.nl, paypal old one is gone.

ad4mg
06-06-2020, 05:06 PM
I am sending an email to everyone who has donated to date. Please let me know if you haven't received a reply from me yet!

And, thank everyone for the donations! It will take some of the load off me... we have 2 months of server expenses (June & July) covered, plus enough to renew the domains,which comes up in July!

It's very nice to know we have a support base willing to help out, especially in these tough times.

Luke

n6hcm
06-11-2020, 03:01 AM
done using the link at the bottom ...

ad4mg
08-09-2020, 10:02 AM
Update: Your generous donations have totaled $445 to date. The domains aren't due for renewal until next July, so server expenses have been covered for June, July, and August, with almost enough to cover September!

I emailed everyone who donated a confirmation. If you did not receive an email from me, let me know here via PM so that I can verify your donation. I'm sure SPAM filtering may have caught one or two of these messages. They were generally sent from my Comcast address (a couple from my Gmail address).

Thank you to everyone who donated to support our site! It does take a little pressure off me to keep the lights burning.

Sincerely,
Luke

PA5COR
08-09-2020, 11:32 AM
Not got an mail, not in the spam folder as well, must have been an electron with a bad hair day...;)

WØTKX
08-09-2020, 01:02 PM
Cor, you are just a fragment of our collective imagination.

Most visualize you wandering in wooden shoes. :neener:

MUCH worse, I wander in Crocs met sokken! :whistle:

PA5COR
08-09-2020, 03:14 PM
No wooden shoes for me, leather slippers or shoes for me.
I used to walk on wooden shoes, leather upper part though.