PDA

View Full Version : I Give Up!

suddenseer
10-04-2019, 11:24 AM
Every time I think that I just might understand the basics of Quantum Mechanics, I feel like Sisyphus, and the downhill rolling boulder. Damn. This is weird, the implications are what I wished for many times.
https://www.livescience.com/2000-atoms-in-two-places-at-once.html?utm_source=notification

PA5COR
10-04-2019, 02:01 PM
Don't wory, that stuff is far above my pay grade as well :yuck::ugh:

WØTKX
10-04-2019, 08:13 PM
Actually, this proves we are getting somewhere.

We just don't know where "there" is. Yet.

Pure Research Suits Monkey Brains.

suddenseer
10-05-2019, 05:10 AM
If molecules can be two places at the same time, we are molecules. Now we know that this works for more than the particle level.

kb2vxa
10-05-2019, 06:25 AM
Some years ago Schrödinger's cat explained to me how I could be both dead and alive at the same time when I thought I was just Dead Inside. I had already learned to speak Cat being taught by my pets. So, now quantum superposition explains why I see my doppelgangers as Lennon said, Here, There, And Everywhere. I've been Entangled since I bought the Genesis album A Trick Of The Tail album in 1976, a very beautiful song BTW, and now I know it was because of oligo-tetraphenylporphyrins enriched with fluoroalkylsulfanyl chains. Now I have to learn how to pronounce it!

Yes, we ARE getting somewhere, but if we discover where we cannot know when, and if we discover when we cannot know where. That's Heisenberg's uncertainty principle, any of a variety of mathematical inequalities asserting a fundamental limit to the precision with which certain pairs of physical properties of a particle, known as complementary variables or canonically conjugate variables such as position x and momentum p, can be known or, depending on interpretation, to what extent such conjugate properties maintain their approximate meaning, as the... Oh forget it, the back of the NJIT lecture hall was a place to sleep between classes.

WØTKX
10-05-2019, 03:41 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/lowres.cartoonstock.com/pubs-bars-bartender-barman-bar_man-landlord-degree-shr1305_low.jpg

suddenseer
10-05-2019, 08:29 PM
I've been reading about the science of cognition, specifically visual perception. The hypothesis is the brain processes visual perception using superposition properties of the observation being made. Those who perceive reality closer to the truth tend to survive long enough to reproduce.
I've watched this video about 6 times. I have to stop it, and walk away and think. I think this cognitive science researcher has struck gold. This guy made me understand the infinite regress of surface area of information, that describes the Holographic Principle. Consciousness, the final frontier.

https://youtu.be/oadgHhdgRkI

suddenseer
10-06-2019, 06:44 AM
I DMed my biochem geek buddy. She told me the reason that molecule structure was chosen, is the average protein molecule contains about 2000 atoms. This old brain is indeed intrigued.

kb2vxa
10-06-2019, 12:55 PM
The barman is right, there may be many Ferengi on DS9, but only one Quark (L) in that small region who owned the lounge, his waiter and stock boy was Rom (R).

"The hypothesis is the brain processes visual perception using superposition properties of the observation being made."
A hypo thesis will never get you a PhD.
"Those who perceive reality closer to the truth tend to survive long enough to reproduce."
Those who see a grotesquely mutated bird will live just as long as those who know that baby birds cluster under their mothers rather often. Then too cats that know this eat better than cats that see a grotesquely mutated bird and run in fear of Herbert West's (Re Animator) dead cat experiment.

"I've watched this video about 6 times. I have to stop it, and walk away and think."
Thanks for the warning, thinking is bad for my health. I have really bad movies like Beaster Day and Birdemic archived so I can watch them after Plan 9 From Outer Space and Frankenstein Meets The Space Monster have turned my brain into The Brain From Planet Arous mush.
"I think this cognitive science researcher has struck gold."
Could be, but I don't want to insult you.
"This guy made me understand the infinite regress of surface area of information, that describes the Holographic Principle."
I understand the holographic principle using a projector and fog machine, great for scaring the beegeebers out of those urchins that come begging on Halloween. Fortunately for my overtaxed brain I can't get a single break for on a W2 form I have absolutely no desire to try understanding technobabblle that doesn't make a lick of sense beginning with the title of that video.
"Consciousness, the final frontier."
No my friend. Space, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Enterprise. Its five year mission, to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and blow them to atoms with phasors and photon torpedoes. Hey, why else would we be out here in a warship armed to the gunwales?

suddenseer
10-06-2019, 04:47 PM
The barman is right, there may be many Ferengi on DS9, but only one Quark (L) in that small region who owned the lounge, his waiter and stock boy was Rom (R).

"The hypothesis is the brain processes visual perception using superposition properties of the observation being made."
A hypo thesis will never get you a PhD.
"Those who perceive reality closer to the truth tend to survive long enough to reproduce."
Those who see a grotesquely mutated bird will live just as long as those who know that baby birds cluster under their mothers rather often. Then too cats that know this eat better than cats that see a grotesquely mutated bird and run in fear of Herbert West's (Re Animator) dead cat experiment.

"I've watched this video about 6 times. I have to stop it, and walk away and think."
Thanks for the warning, thinking is bad for my health. I have really bad movies like Beaster Day and Birdemic archived so I can watch them after Plan 9 From Outer Space and Frankenstein Meets The Space Monster have turned my brain into The Brain From Planet Arous mush.
"I think this cognitive science researcher has struck gold."
Could be, but I don't want to insult you.
"This guy made me understand the infinite regress of surface area of information, that describes the Holographic Principle."
I understand the holographic principle using a projector and fog machine, great for scaring the beegeebers out of those urchins that come begging on Halloween. Fortunately for my overtaxed brain I can't get a single break for on a W2 form I have absolutely no desire to try understanding technobabblle that doesn't make a lick of sense beginning with the title of that video.
"Consciousness, the final frontier."
No my friend. Space, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Enterprise. Its five year mission, to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and blow them to atoms with phasors and photon torpedoes. Hey, why else would we be out here in a warship armed to the gunwales?

Note to self:Don't do what the voices tell you, even if you would have anyway. Even if you have to pay $, don't give up sex.

kb2vxa
10-07-2019, 09:43 AM
"Don't do what the voices tell you, even if you would have anyway."
As for my voices, I talk with them when no one else is around, it's a very private thing. I won't do what they tell me to do, I know they're trying to get me in trouble doing what they can't do. Knowing that spirits are vapors without substance incapable of doing things without my help I tell them go do it yourself. That gets them really pissed, just because I don't have a CB radio anymore doesn't say I stopped chop busting. If they tell me to do what I was going to do that's what I ESPECIALLY won't do, it was a bad idea to begin with. That's why I bust their chops, they're trying to get me in trouble, the dirty little bastards.

That's what Peter Green said in song and did it anyway, the stupid git. If you drop acid don't listen to the green dog that barks at you in your acid dreams. Peter Green did and gave away all of his money. He tried to convince the other band members that money is evil and they should give theirs away too, they laughed at him. Like chronic LSD use drove Syd Barrett who founded Pink Floyd insane, it did the same to Peter Green and got him, the founding member of Fleetwood Mac, like Syd he got kicked out of the band. Lesson learned: Drugs don't make a great band, talented musicians that don't take drugs make the GREATEST bands.
Questions and answers:
1. What is a manalishi, and if I'm not able to procure one, is there a good substitute?
He never explained, but it's probably the name he gave to the dog in his druggie dream. Just get a poodle and dye it green like this woman did.
2. Are there any other colours other than green?
If there were it wouldn't be a green manalishi now would it?
3. Are there one-, three-, or four-pronged versions (i.e. does prong number really matter)?
There can be as many prongs as the king desires if you take it literally, but this crown is a metaphor. Take the horns from a Halloween devil costume, put it on the poodle's head, and there's your green manalishi with the two prong crown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTvKaLW5bu8

suddenseer
10-07-2019, 11:51 AM
"Don't do what the voices tell you, even if you would have anyway."
As for my voices, I talk with them when no one else is around, it's a very private thing. I won't do what they tell me to do, I know they're trying to get me in trouble doing what they can't do. Knowing that spirits are vapors without substance incapable of doing things without my help I tell them go do it yourself. That gets them really pissed,

It could be the Mazorps.

I think the folks in labcoats have very compelling evidence that those voices really are not spirits, whatever those are. I have been looking for them. I even went ghost hunting a few times, and was asked not to come along anymore. For some reasons, ghosts don't perform for atheists.
You might find that the spirits are just your right, and left brain hemisheres begging for attention. Years ago, severe epileptic patients were treated with a very severe split brain surgery, which is mostly treated today with pharmakos.
Those folks mostly demonstrated to have two distinct personalities which are apparently unaware of each other. They are often polar opposites of each other. An individual can even have an atheist on one side, and a buybull banging fanatic on the other. They are apparently talking about you, right in your presence, how rude.
I bet Dave has the usual on topic comic for it. He developed a comic search engine.

KG4CGC
10-07-2019, 01:41 PM
It could be the Mazorps.

I think the folks in labcoats have very compelling evidence that those voices really are not spirits, whatever those are. ... <snip>
[shortened for space]

I've seen things without looking for them. Some were recently deceased. I could tell by their appearance. Some were children in older homes that died in the mid 30's to late 40's. Had to research those. Some were animals. Horses and dogs.
One day Science will help us understand while we're still on our mortal coils but until then it really matters not what you believe or do not believe or what others believe.

WØTKX
10-07-2019, 02:29 PM
Cool video lecture, Tim...

Backatcha!

Good stuff starts at 16 minutes in.
I have two of his books.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8m7lFQ3njk

suddenseer
10-07-2019, 05:11 PM
[shortened for space]

I've seen things without looking for them. Some were recently deceased. I could tell by their appearance. Some were children in older homes that died in the mid 30's to late 40's. Had to research those. Some were animals. Horses and dogs.
One day Science will help us understand while we're still on our mortal coils but until then it really matters not what you believe or do not believe or what others believe.

Voices are one thing, weird unexplained occurrences might be worthy of their own category. I've seen most weird shit with anatuer radio aerials, and transmission lines. Our brains just don't know how to process some signals. I want to experience some spirits. So far, they ignore me. I quit the ones in the bottle some time back.

KG4CGC
10-07-2019, 10:59 PM
Voices are one thing, weird unexplained occurrences might be worthy of their own category. I've seen most weird shit with anatuer radio aerials, and transmission lines. Our brains just don't know how to process some signals. I want to experience some spirits. So far, they ignore me. I quit the ones in the bottle some time back.

Had one throw a spatula at me. Outside on the front porch near the grill. I made friends with him. I asked the family for his favorite shot glass and gave him my whiskey. Rolled him a cigarette. Later that night as we were leaving he, rode in the truck with us until we reached the property line.
After the spatula incident I walked into the living room and asked them if they had ghosts.
"OH! That's Pop Pop." Apparently he had the men outside chasing down fires in the pasture earlier in the evening. They started telling me about it after I asked them about ghosts and told them what happened. His widow had set up a shrine for him in the home with pictures and medals from his Navy days. I addressed him as sir.
I'm still friends with his grand daughter on FB.

suddenseer
10-08-2019, 07:33 AM
I have personally experienced unusual events. I am in agreement with your earlier post. I think if a god, and spirits exist, science will develope a means to reliably connect. Religions have had their turn, and failed. The key word is reliable. All I see making claims of using technology, all fail any testing. I have experienced lucid dreaming, and apparent dreams of being out of the body. For me, these experiences have a distinctive permanent memory etched in. From my brain injuries, I don't remember my, "normal" dreams. I have vivid memories of colors, smells, sounds, feeling of motion, and gravity while flying. I was convinced that the places I saw, and the people, and animals were real. They could not detect me, sans the cats, they all hissed, and ran away to my maximum amusement.

kb2vxa
10-08-2019, 01:27 PM
You guys gave me a lot to catch up on, here's only some of it. <POKE> Stay awake now. (;->)

We share this world with spirits, they're all around us only on a different plane of existence. Shades of They Live starring Roddy Piper! Sorry, I just can't resist a little humor or a great movie. I don't believe in ghosts, they are spirits impersonating people, especially loved ones or family members. That leads into familiar (the of a family definition) spirits and witches with their black cats, (embodied familiar spirits) another topic altogether. You don't have to be psycho... psychic to see them, people including myself see them all the time as black shapes out of the corner of the eye, then when they look there is nothing there.

When I was younger living at home my mother suddenly got the notion her mother's ghost was in the house watching over her, at the same time an old mantle clock that hadn't been wound in years stored in the attic began to chime on and off. That only reinforced her notion so she refused to believe ghosts don't exist. I'm deeply spiritual and off and on study the occult, (that which is hidden) ancient magic and witchcraft, they're all related. I knew what was going on and one night alone watching TV in the living room my moment arrived. The clock chimed as a cold draft came down the stairs out of nowhere, the "ghost" was trying to drag me into the charade. I walked over, stood on the landing at the foot of the stairs, and addressed the spirit thus, "I KNOW you, you are not what you pretend to be! Playing tricks on my mother and misleading her is evil, you are NOT her mother but an evil spirit! NOW BE GONE AND DO NOT RETURN, THE GAME IS OVER!!! Mum never spoke of it again, the clock never chimed again, she was free.

Of course "ghosts" don't perform for atheists, ghosts don't exist, and spirits being rooted in religion and spirituality refuse those surrounded by negative energy that harms them. They're not mind readers, they need to be told and they're all around, the caution "If one knows a secret it remains a secret. Tell another and the world knows." applies in all situations. Ghost hunters crack me up, they never find any hard evidence because it's all playing to the cameras, a TV show. It's all about the ratings, ratings translate to money in this money driven world. Those floating orbs are motes of dust close to the camera lens out of focus, those streaks are night flying insects and corkscrew streaks are moths. They show up like that because of the low light camera settings, and slow film, use high speed film and set the camera up for it and they show up clearly as what they really are. A lot of this shit is clearly hoaxed, I nearly lost it when I saw a streak move between adjacent monitors when the cameras were in locations far removed from each other! BTW, if you want to find another group and go along for the ride and the fun, first you need a gob stopper. Don't make the same mistake twice, never let religion or lack of it get into the conversation, that's what got you kicked out. If asked, and it's probably inevitable, say you're agnostic, a seeker of truth with an open mind neither believing nor disbelieving and leave it at that. If they persist be polite but firm... "Hey, religion is a volatile subject that leads to arguments. (That's why on air discussion is frowned upon.) That's not a good way to make friends, now is it?" Unless you're speaking with an idiot he/she will get the message and STFU. Last but not least, if a spirit chooses to reveal its presence it will all by itself without a hokey pokey ghost hunt.

"Some were animals. Horses and dogs."
Oh oh Charles, you're getting awfully close to that green manalishi. (;->)
"I've seen things without looking for them. Some were recently deceased."
NOW you're really scaring me!

Oh fork the damn token has expired, here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUYKSWQmkrg

"Voices are one thing, weird unexplained occurrences might be worthy of their own category."
I'll get into that in a moment, it's a long one but interesting.
"I've seen most weird shit with anatuer radio aerials, and transmission lines."
I know a ham with a vertical delta in his yard. It has old fashioned Christmas tree light strings on it so he lights the cross along with other decorations. When it comes to really weird, insane antennas fed with open wire ladder line you missed an antenna field that makes the VOA sites look sane. Just south across the water from Seaside Heights that MTV's "Jersey Shore" made even more infamous is Ocean Gate. In the salt marsh a bit difficult to locate with Google Maps unless you look for a big vacant spot near the water is the abandoned AT&T transatlantic telephone link where ISB with suppressed carrier mode was used before satellites now replaced with fiber optic cables. I saw it up close and personal before Sandy completely wiped out the complex wire antennas and wrecked the transmitter building, some pictures remain on the Internet.
"Our brains just don't know how to process some signals."
That's why we don't have RF connectors on our heads and must use receivers.

"I have personally experienced unusual events."
U2? Leaving the best for last this is where it gets a bit long. <POKE!> That's to keep you awake. Before I get started let me make it clear I know the difference between a "psychic experience" even when stoned and a hallucination also when stoned. I used to get stoned a lot when cannabis was cheap. To quickly get the stony hallucination out of the way first, after smoking an ounce of hash all by myself the walls started breathing, breathing in and out, rubber walls. The experience was in a friend's upstairs bedroom at the front of the house. We sat in our comfy chairs facing front with the ceiling light dimmed "riding the music" eyes closed. First the wall, floor, and chair disappeared, I was watching his parents in the living room below and light traffic in the street out front. Hey, this is pretty cool, I can look all around without moving my head or opening my eyes. Then it got really weird, space was gone, now TIME is gone too! I see cars going by about 15 seconds before hearing them! I'm going step by step deeper into The Twilight Zone, I'm about to fall off the edge with what happened next. I watched my friend get up out of his chair, walk past me and around to the hall door, the closet door was in the wall at a right angle to it. He reached out to the light switch, at that point I opened my eyes, the wall and floor returned, he was still seated to my right. Remember the 15 seconds, I counted them off and at that point he got up, walked around and turned up the light, then continued in real time to go in the closet for more Ganja, the second round. I told him about it and there was no "I don't believe it" reaction, he too is a spiritual being and we were psychically connected for years before he went SK a few years ago. We always knew what each other were thinking, things like one would start humming the same song in perfect sync with what the other was thinking. Not twins but close, he was born 364 days after me almost to the hour.

KG4CGC
10-08-2019, 11:17 PM
I once bought an amp and some speakers from this woman I knew that was having a yard sale.
That same night I started hearing noises in a part of the room but there was nothing there to make the noise. At first I thought it was one of the cats, playing with something like an aluminum can that was dented and kind of stepping on it. Nothing there.
Next night, same thing from a different part of the room.

I kept sensing something so the next day or two I messaged her and asked her, "Do you have ghosts?" Apparently it was her brother in law who died years earlier. She told me he used to flip on the home stereo in the middle of the night full blast at her house ... as a ghost. Well, I had not yet wired the speakers to anything neither had I used the amp. Everything was just sitting. I figured he would fade away and go back home but after a few days I finally told him he couldn't stay and had to leave. With that, he left.

The next day I got in the car and he was waiting in the passenger seat. So, I talked to the woman I got the speakers from again and met up with her at work and dropped him off there ... but not before he messed with all the traffic lights the whole way there.
Any time I got to an intersection with a red light on, it would stay red. I was talking to him when I started out, telling him where we were going and what I was doing. There were lines forming behind me as I was close to the light, within 4 cars. It turned red and just stayed red for like 12 minutes. There ain't no 12 minute lights around here. I turned to look at him as if I could really see him and said, "Really?"

I took an opportunity to make a u-turn out of traffic and as I looked in the rear view mirror ... the light turned green.
I turned to him again, "REALLY?"
This happened again at several more lights. We'd sit there, at a really long red light and I had to say, "haha funny" before the light would finally turn green.
When I finally got him to her shop, I had to open the car door for him and walk him into the shop. I literally handed him off to her. We both had a laugh and then we all started in to the experiences we had living in the Upstate. That's what we call it, "The Upstate." The northwest corner of SC. Several employees had things to say and add.

kb2vxa
10-09-2019, 09:58 AM
I banished the spirit only because it wasn't very strong or determined. Like your Loki this one was attached to an object, the mantle clock that came from mum's aunt and uncle's house in Pennsylvania. That was the connection with her, in their youth she and her younger brother were their wards, when they passed he came to live with us. I imagine the spirit in the clock made its appearance when the circle was complete.

Don't mind me getting a bit of a chuckle from your story, I'm sorry to say you don't know how to command spirits while I used my acquired knowledge against our hant. First, that clicking you heard was the frustrated spirit of the amp trying to turn it on, lucky for you the speakers weren't connected. Obviously you shouldn't make the system complete until you're sure you have banished the spirit from your home, you failed to command your hant never to return so it may. It's obviously a Loki being how it played with you and replied "Yeah, really!" in its next act. I wonder if you had a recording device on in the car and played it back later you may have heard EVPs. Just thinking, there is a cemetery near my last QTH, I was toying with buying a recorder and try my hand at collecting EVPs because a cemetery is a hot spot for spirit activity. Two things dissuaded me, I don't need a portable recorder and wandering around a graveyard at night (when the hants traditionally come out to play) it would be difficult to explain to the police.

Just a reminder to readers, I don't believe in ghosts, but being a spiritual person believe in spirits all around, good, evil, and neutral. I use the Norse name for The Trickster, Loki, but every culture has a name in its own language. He is Pan to the English, and there are many names that translate to fox, a well known anima in various Native American languages. A thought along those lines just came to me, sometimes parents don't think in naming their children, every name has a meaning that comes clear with enough searching. I left my Chinese friends up north when I moved, but I'll never forget them or their names and meanings. First I must explain they're backward from the western, the family name is first. Chin Oolie, oolie is fox, here we have the trickster. Tong Yin, yin of yin and yang forces of the body, yin is female, yang is male. So why isn't his name Tong Yang? Needless to say he's unhappy with Yin. Keeping this short I'll skip right down to myself, I'm a Junior, but I got all the goodies. Warren, the guardian of truth and justice, those are my strongest points. Edward, guardian of wealth, but my bank account is nothing to write home about. My wealth is the true wealth in my Heavenly bank account waiting for me. The Bible says much about laying your wealth up in Heaven, but that's a story in itself. Here's the topper for those who believe in such things, Venus was conjunct with Alpha Librae (the left star in the balance arm) at the time of my birth making me a Double Libra in Roman astrology. I'm a Bull in Chinese astrology, I get that way at times. Stone court houses most often have blindfolded Venus with her sword and scales over the main entrance, unfortunately the sword is pointed down incorrectly. US law is strongly based on Roman law and many terms are Latin, but I digress. The downward pointing sword is purely architectural common sense so it is firmly supported, depicted correctly Venus is the goddess of justice, blindfolded indicating blind justice, the scales weigh evidence and testimony, the sword upraised and poised to strike down the guilty. No wonder truth and justice are my strongest points, everything about me is focused on them.

OK, I'm right round the bend, I even named my computer Minya son of Godzilla after the computer that sacrificed itself so Minya could be born that I named Godzilla because it was such a beast. If you like I follow the Toho Monsterverse you know how in Son Of Godzilla (1967) when he hatched on Monster Island he soon made friends with a kid about his size. That made him a lover of children as his father became the guardian of Japan against unfriendly kaiju. (giant monsters) In Godzilla vs. Destroyah he gave his life for Minya now fully grown who killed Destroya. Now Minya is a lover of children and guardian of Japan, a kaiju after my own heart.

P. S. American film makers should consult with their Japanese counterparts. Godzilla died in 1992. This year's Godzilla King Of The Monsters that made the point Godzilla is and always will be king is all wrong. Truth and justice! That big lizard was MINYA, it should be Minya King Of The Monsters! The crown was passed, long live the king. Well, whether you think it's Godzilla or know it's Minya, it's a great movie, no cheepnis, every bit as good as a Toho movie.

suddenseer
10-09-2019, 11:56 AM
I've heard noises, witnessed things falling over. I've seen weird phenomena that I could not quickly explain. I should be a ghost buster. They are very shy around me. I've met strangers, and had weird mental pictures that turned out to be very accurate about a person's background. I think it was a hunch with pictures. Reverse engineering was my special skill.
I have a very rudimentary understanding of the 4 basic fundamentals of the natural universe. For now, they are Electromagnetism, Gravity, Strong Nuclear Force, Weak Nuclear Force. Those are it, as far as I understand. I am damn good at strength of materials, but those aforementioned natural laws influence more than just stress/strain.information can be stored, and experienced later. The latest astrophysics chat channels are ablaze with traffic about information remaining intact in a black hole. The laws of conservation of mass, and energy tell me that nothing can really be destroyed.
Consciousness is the big problem. Maybe it is in reality what many refer to as God? I think of consciousness is being aware.

KG4CGC
10-09-2019, 02:34 PM
And you know what? Not every ghost requires you to treat them like an asshole and beat them with a ball bat. That's rather arrogant. It will cause you grief.
BTW, the stereo and all the speakers have been up and running for 3 years without incident. The brother in law came back once. He did nothing. I acknowledged his presence. He checked on the equipment without incident and left. If I wanted to, at any time, I can clear an area instantly. I don't have to do that. That's like dropping a nuclear bomb on the whole county. I usually use methods that are in harmony within a given situation. The spirits are like mirrors and reflect back the energy you put into them. You create your own shit when all you see it shit and all you give is shit. Is this shit getting through? If the only tool you have is a hammer ... well, we all know the rest. Do not make assumptions about me, or anyone else for that matter. The Ancestors were here long before we were born into our current mortal coils. Whether they be ancestors by blood or Ancestors of a Greater Cause, treat them with respect. Treat each other (fellow mortals) with respect.

We are surrounded by what we attract.

If y'all remember my cat Amber, she showed up in 2010. A part of my friend's spirit is within her. When she showed up, her face looked just like his. She walked right in, ate and then went to the bedroom, jumped up on the bed and went to sleep as if she had been there her whole life.
Matt died in 2007 due to a motorcycle accident involving a drunk driver. In 1995 he once said, without prompting, just kind of out of the blue, "I want to come back as a cat and live with you."
I never thought about those words again ... until Amber showed up. Amber is very expressive and talks to me as if I know what she's saying. Basically I just get a mental picture but at this point I've come to understand the finer points of her language.

kb2vxa
10-10-2019, 05:25 PM
You give up? Is that what's troubling you bunky? Well lift your head up high and take a walk in the sun with dignity and stick-to-it-ness and ya show the world, ya show the world where to get off. You'll never give up, never give up, never give up...that ship!

Look out, The Old Philosopher, Eddie Lawrence is back, no, he never went away actually as long as he is remembered.

"I have a very rudimentary understanding of the 4 basic fundamentals of the natural universe. For now, they are Electromagnetism, Gravity, Strong Nuclear Force, Weak Nuclear Force."
Actually they are the four forces or fields.
Use the Force, Luke, use the Force.
WHICH ONE?
Ohhh, I should have said use the Unified Field Theory.
WHAT??? I can't use a theory, hurry up, I'm getting close to the vent with Darth Vader hot after me!
Use the Weak Force, it's actually the strongest of all holding all matter and the very fabric of the universe together.
Luke pushes the tactical visor aside, fires two torpedoes, the Death Star explodes, and Darth Vader's Tie Fighter tumbles out of control into deep space.

"those aforementioned natural laws influence more than just stress/strain"
I'm not a physicist, I only have a basic understanding I got out of books, thankfully not the Internet that is the misinformation highway. What I learned is a bit different, those are not natural laws but forces that obey the natural laws. The Unified Force is so far only a theory, but I'll bet dollars to doughnuts those magnificent young aliens in their flying machines (loosely based on a song) have it all figured out. They fold space short circuiting time in order to cover the vast distances that only exist in our 3 dimensional universe, their universe is 4 dimensional. It gets strange in the 4th dimension, one day you should read Issac Asimov's The Tesseract House. Picture a non Euclidean geometric shape, a cube within a cube, a hypercube. Never mind, just do the math... if you can.

"The latest astrophysics chat channels are ablaze with traffic about information remaining intact in a black hole."
Uh oh, if they were astrophysicists they would be chatting in mathematical terms expressed by Greek letters way over your head. It has been said you cannot understand these things unless you speak the language, and the language is math on the Einstein and Hawking level. BTW you can include Asimov as he was a physicist, that's why he wrote such great sci-fi without a word of technobabble.

"The laws of conservation of mass, and energy tell me that nothing can really be destroyed."
Now that's where things get interesting, as interesting as Kronos, a sci-fi movie about an energy collector sent by a planet running out of energy. Every time it absorbed energy it grew larger converting it to matter. The mission was when it got home to convert its mass to energy, but the whole while I was wondering how much energy would be expended accelerating such a massive object on the return journey. Here's where we get to the essential part of Einstein's theory of relativity that expresses the relativity of matter to energy as E=MC2. Every time you burn something a tiny bit of mass becomes energy, even in a nuclear reaction only a tiny bit of mass becomes energy. It would be nice if we could make it more efficient. Funny thing, plants know the other side of the equation, they convert energy (photons) to mass in a sideways manner, actually the energy of light converts nitrogen to sugar the plant uses for food thus increasing its mass. Yeah, I'm off the rails, I never think in linear fashion.

"Consciousness is the big problem."
True, most would be better off unconscious.
"Maybe it is in reality what many refer to as God?"
We can save that for the religion forum.
"I think of consciousness is being aware."
The creations of Man, computers, robots, and artificial intelligence especially is aware, but so far at least they are not conscious entities. It is self awareness that makes for a conscious entity, when Skynet becomes self aware it is Judgement Day, the war of man against machine begins.

Now this long post moves into the world of the paranormal.
"And you know what? Not every ghost requires you to treat them like an asshole and beat them with a ball bat."
First of all, have you ever tried to beat a vapor with anything? Speaking firmly with authority gets their attention and respect, that's why the unwanted spirit left without a fuss. Never treat an entity that's been around far longer than Man with anything but the respect, one much smarter and FAR more experienced than you should never be taken lightly.

"BTW, the stereo and all the speakers have been up and running for 3 years without incident."
OK, that says the spirit once within them, the ghost in the machine so to speak is not malevolent. No sense wasting a perfectly good system that doesn't play tricks on you like blasting you out of bed at 3 in the morning.

"I can clear an area instantly."
So can I by blowing a Gargantua, an SBD takes a bit longer but is just as effective.
"That's like dropping a nuclear bomb on the whole county."
What do you eat for crying out loud?!?!?!!!

"Do not make assumptions about me, or anyone else for that matter."
You know what they say about "assume", you make an ass of u in front of me.
"The Ancestors were here long before we were born into our current mortal coils."
You call them Ancestors, IIRC the Navajo also call them that. The Bible calls them The Watchers and The Sons of God (we are the sons of Man aka Adam, the Bible was written in a very misogynistic time) that went into the daughters of Man that gave birth to a race of giants. Those were the days of Noah, God caused The Great Flood to cleanse the Earth of the abominations those whom he created made when they disobeyed. The Bible also says the End Time will be as the days of Noah, but I digress.

"We are surrounded by what we attract."
To borrow a phrase from Dark Helmet; I'm surrounded by assholes! To borrow and pervert a song from an old Doctor Pepper commercial; I'm an asshole, he's an asshole, she's an asshole, wouldn't you like to be an asshole too? And why not? I have my fun making people laugh, but when it comes to spirits around me I have no idea, I don't see dead people, only black shapes out of the side of my eye that disappear when I turn my head.

"If y'all remember my cat Amber, she showed up in 2010."
No, I must have missed that.
"When she showed up, her face looked just like his."
Then maybe his face looked like hers. One interesting thing I noticed is some people look like animals, you've heard of "horse face", "bird like features", and such, rolly polly ones have definite porcine faces, no kidding. If you're a Whovian such as I perhaps you know the Sisters of Plenitude that showed up in a Doctor Who episode now and again.
"Amber is very expressive and talks to me as if I know what she's saying."
Pooh, my little lion was very independent going about his cat things mostly. It was Mowser, The Cat That Came In From The Cold literally, borrowing and twisting a book title, she was very expressive and wouldn't leave me alone. It was she who taught me to speak Cat, they use body language and vocalizations like other mammals. It's reptiles that are inscrutable, you never know what they're thinking and some have a habit of biting unexpectedly.
"Basically I just get a mental picture but at this point I've come to understand the finer points of her language."
That's how it happens when you pay attention to the subtle nuances, Amber is teaching you to speak Cat. A furry head bump means "I love you" and rubbing whiskers against you means "You belong to me, other cats beware." Ears tucked back means "I'm upset." accompanied by a growl means "I'm upset with you." When it turns into a his it means "Too late, back off buster, I will attack!" At that point there is no appeasement, don't try to make amends by petting or you WILL get scratched. If you're really close you can ask "What's the trouble?" (but don't touch) at the ears back stage, often kitty will puzzle a while and walk to what's bothering it. Cats are amazing when you get to know them.

KG4CGC
10-10-2019, 06:19 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You%27re_Getting_Old

KG4CGC
10-10-2019, 06:38 PM
Overload. Too manic. Can't follow.

kb2vxa
10-11-2019, 05:41 AM
I guess you're trying to tell me my post was way too long. No need actually, there was much to comment on and it's easy to get carried away in that narrow slot we type in. When I clicked on the quick reply button I was shocked bt how much I wrote. It was like that wiki on South Park I got lost in, sorry 'bout that Chief. Just a quick note, I can't stand much of today's sorry excuse for music, excessively loud and blaring noise thanks to over processing, it has no dynamic range at all. I can't stand what funky soul turned into, rap crap and the like, then there was the vocalist in ACDC that sounded like a screech owl until he blew out his voice box, good for him! I agree with Trey and company, it's shit. Some modern music is great however, you'll find it here: http://sc3.radiocaroline.net:8030/listen.pls If your player doesn't lock on the streams are on the main page: https://www.radiocaroline.co.uk/#home.html

suddenseer
10-19-2019, 09:04 AM
I probably am an arrogant asshole to some. Others blur the line between confidence, and arrogance. Technology started changing faster than any of us can keep up with a long time ago. That is why I think I seek comfort in roller inductors. I quit using the word, "faith" and replaced it with what I mean, confidence in my understanding of my reality confidence bell curve which is based on an ever changing data base.

I became curious of ghosts/spirits when I sat with my high school buddy guarding a dead body at a secular funeral home.He was an ethnic Jewish atheist. He got paid. We listened to music, snuck in the bathroom, and got high. I have Jewish relatives so I had heard if this. I was under the wrong assumption. I thought we were guarding the body from symbolic body snatchers that was part of Jewish lore. I was wrong, we were there to witness her spirit coming back reanimating the body. They had a tradition that if the body doesn't move, its dead. They had to bury the body before sundown the next day.
She did not rise up. My friends are mostly pagan. I damn near married one. I took part in a ghost hunt in an allegedly haunted abandoned building that was a downtown 5 story dept. store. We had access as far as the cops knew. I am not sure the realty home office 3 states away were aware. We had keys. I stayed in the basement with I think 3 others. The rest of the group on each floor. All if us started getting sick to our stomachs. We left freaking out a bit. No one on other floors shared our experience. Downtown Springfield is still riddled with old steam pipes, and their associated tunnels. Later, it was discovered an old sewage line sprung a leak near a tunnel forcing several streets to be tore up for repairs. This occurred in front of the building. I think we were breathing methane, or some noxious sewage gas. I have no evidence other than knowing about the millions spent on the core block infrastructure upgrade.
I don't have a reason to believe in spirits, or gods.

I do believe in what are called ufos. I helped design a sensor array for this:
https://patents.google.com/patent/US10144532B2/en

This underwater/to places in the stratosphere craft has been witnessed by many already. I can't mention the materials, and processes in the array, I don't fear the Navy, I fear the contractors who inherit proprietary rights to this technology.

Yes, it is fusion powered. It is now very efficient, and will only be available to the public after a few energy corporations can finish killing each other. This was classified 10 years ago. I just know about the highly compartmentalized little part I worked on. Yes, some of the pilot interface requires surgical implants. My former boss is convinced it us ancient excavated technology. I do not know that to be true. Faith requires no evidence. I think it is the least reliable path to truth. I do wonder what other technology is being developed and fought over as I write this.

https://patents.google.com/patent/US20190295733A1/en?inventor=Salvatore+Pais&oq=inventor:(Salvatore+Pais)
I'm a godless person.i will answer to pantheist, atheist, agnostic, what ever label. I don't know. I proceed as if there is not, and the unusual occurrences tend to remain in that part of my mind.

PS. Patents are not issued on perpetual motion machines. This stuff is indeed real, and already works.

I forgot one. Memorize the inventors name. He will be bigger than NDT on the science geek tv shows. I am willing to place money on it. Quantum home pcs will be soon. If they can quiet them down. I don't want to be around when the unintended consequences start happening.
Having beliefs is not a sign or lack of intelligence IMHO.

Yes Superman, it's sort of a crystal:
https://patents.google.com/patent/US20190058105A1/en

kb2vxa
10-20-2019, 01:57 PM
Before I begin I make it clear that no comments about religion or personal beliefs should be taken as jokes or sarcasm.

"Technology started changing faster than any of us can keep up with a long time ago."
That's why I'm a vacuum tube (hollow state) man in a solid state world and an analog man in a digital world.
"That is why I think I seek comfort in roller inductors."
I seek comfort in roller inductors and air variable capacitors, the easiest way to build a tuner. You need an engineering degree to build output networks and ATUs for AM broadcast using clip tapped edge wound inductors and fixed HV ceramic caps carrying heavy RF currents. When I repaired a blown ATU it was all guesswork, it's a miracle I got it right the first time.

"my reality confidence bell curve..."
Who's putting sponge in the bells that I ring? Nowadays I can't even sing. That's how I feel about things, life has taken a real bad turn going on 20 years now.

"He was an ethnic Jewish atheist."
There is no such thing as a Jewish, Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, Shinto, etc. atheist, it's either one or the other. The word taken from the Greek means without a god.
"He got paid."
He got paid because he's Jewish and not a family member but a stand-in. According to Jewish belief once a Jew always a Jew whether born or proselytized.
"I was wrong, we were there to witness her spirit coming back reanimating the body."
I'm not a scholar of Jewish superstition so I can't say where that strange notion came from, zombies are a part of Voodoo, not Judaism. What I CAN say however is sitting Shiva, the traditional period of mourning begins at burial and lasts from one to the full seven days depending on many factors, including the family's level of observance or the deceased’s instructions or wishes. Shiva is not observed on the Sabbath or holidays and may be cut short because of them.
"They had a tradition that if the body doesn't move, its dead."
I believe that's a universal belief, if it's cold, blue-grey, and doesn't move or respond to stimuli it's dead.

While on the subject, even a pronouncement by a physician may be wrong leading to another kind of zombie, a corpse awakening in a morgue or even after burial. After an autopsy however it's a sure bet the corpse is really dead. There are cases where the body is exhumed and scratches are discovered on the inside of the coffin lid, I think I'll leave instructions for a burial the old fashioned way. In days of old some were buried with a string around their hand leading to a bell on the surface where an observer would sit for a period of time. If the bell rang he'd rush to have the person dug up, six feet down is a dead ringer for the deceased. Now you know where that phrase "dead ringer" came from.

"My friends are mostly pagan."
In the late '60s many of my friends were Pagans when Ronny "The Rat" Dunaway, VP of the Rahway, NJ Chapter learned I went to school with his sister. They may be outlaws, but like me they're big on respect as I am, treat them right and they're the best friends you can have, and they have some great parties too. The word
"pagan" is most misunderstood often confuised with Wiccans, practitioners of Wicca, white witchcraft. FIY a Warlock is a member of Warlocks MC, a male witch is still a witch.

"I took part in a ghost hunt in an allegedly haunted abandoned building that was a downtown 5 story dept. store."
That's an interesting story and you are 100% correct, sewer gas collecting at the lowest level that's not ventilated is what made people sick, not ghosts or evil spirits that are the stuff of horror movies. There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy, (Hamlet 1.5.167-8) but most of the things that go bump in the night are easily explained by very basic science, electromagnetic fields, natural acoustics, and the like. There is a room in Grand Central Station, New York, that has phenomenal acoustics. The room is well traveled and always noisy, but if I stand facing into a corner and you stand facing into the opposite corner the noise disappears and we can converse in a normal voice and guess what... nobody else can hear us. Pretty neat, ay? I see Shadow People all the time, now we get into the unexplained paranormal, things that are REAL but mostly not believed or believed in.

"I don't have a reason to believe in spirits, or gods."
I and a few others here do, and that's because they don't reveal themselves to everybody for reasons all their own.

"I do believe in what are called ufos."
I believe in UFOs, I have seen plenty of glowing objects moving unlike known aircraft at night. I can't say what they were, that's why they were UFOs, UNIDENTIFIED flying objects. If I could say what they were they would be IFOs, Identified Flying Objects i.e interplanetary craft which I also believe have been around for all of recorded history. Early Man drew pictures of what are unmistakably aliens and their craft, but I take notions of them teaching us advanced technology with a 100 ton rail car of salt. The "Egyptian Light Bulb" is a cartouche with a SNAKE in it when you get away from hookie pookies from outer space and into Egyptology.

"I don't fear the Navy, I fear the contractors who inherit proprietary rights to this technology."
I think you need to fear the military in general, DARPA, and hundreds of related think tanks hell bent on weaponizing otherwise benign inventions. Tesla came up with many works in progress and the government spooks snatched them up and "disappeared" them. Perhaps the most well known was his "death ray", an EM weapon that he claimed could knock down planes and missiles at a range of 200 miles. Being such a brilliant man he divided his notes into 3 parts, gave one to the US, one to Russia, and the third to an undisclosed country. Naturally because of political mistrust, bickering, and the third party unknown to the world it likely never will be built. As for the Navy, have you ever heard of NUWK? It's not a coded contraction of what is perhaps the worst crime ridden city in New Jersey, https://www.federallabs.org/labs/naval-undersea-warfare-center-nuwc-division-newport but like that city you better not go anywhere near the sensor grid offshore at Newport, RI, Fox Island, Gould Island, or better still don't go sailing in Naragansset Bay. There's another facility at Keyport, WA, but I know nothing about it. The day of the lone inventor has drawn to a close, the day of the think tank has dawned, and with it yet another terror lurking.
"This underwater/to places in the stratosphere craft has been witnessed by many already."
One of the first to witness an encounter was Christopher Columbus who recorded it in his ship's log. Another who recorded sighting of such craft from a ship's rail was Dwight Eisenhower in the early 1950s. Fusion powered, hmmm. Are we talking about the same UFOs here?

"I do wonder what other technology is being developed and fought over as I write this."
I don't wonder, thought given to things that don't affect my daily life is thought wasted. People wondered how birds fly until high speed cameras caught them in the act. Stevie was a Wonder until I met Al Rando, but I digress.

"PS. Patents are not issued on perpetual motion machines. This stuff is indeed real, and already works."
Regus Patoff won't patent that which cannot exist in a universe where the laws of physics apply. Perhaps you haven't heard of the law of conservation of energy, now you're getting weird, with all due respect sir.

"I forgot one. Memorize the inventors name."
I know the Canadian you're thinking of, I forgot his name and have no interest in going back pointlessly memorizing something I have no interest in.
"He will be bigger than NDT on the science geek tv shows."
No, he won't, he had his 15 minutes of fame when he went off the rails misunderstanding zero point energy confusing it with electromagnetic levitation and powering a "perpetual motion machine" making a complete ass of himself on the Internet, our wonderful misinformation highway.
"I am willing to place money on it."
Sorry, I won't be around long enough to collect your debt to me.

The bottom line is there is more bullshit than science on the Internet, it's a land of make believe, a place to laugh and have fun, but at the end of the day we turn our computers off and it all goes away. Soirry sir, you made some valid and very good points in the beginning, but then you got weird, like Stevie Nicks this is where I get off. A few lyrics from Dreams (Fleetwood Mac) seem appropriate...
Now here I go again, I see the crystal visions
I keep my visions to myself
---
Thunder only happens when it's raining
Players only love you when they're playing
Women, they will come and they will go
When the rain washes you clean, you'll know

Boy, this got long... but long begets long I suppose................

N1LAF
10-29-2019, 06:06 PM
As for the Navy, have you ever heard of NUWK?

You mean NUWC, right?!?!

kb2vxa
10-30-2019, 06:48 AM
My fat fingers again. As long as I have room here (;->) and Strange Brew by Cream is my background music at this point, Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft by Klaatu would be more appropriate, here's a footnote on my last.

On my way here I came across some pictures of strange lights in the sky that were actually natural and man-made phenomena. During WW2 both Allied and Luftwaffe war planes were dogged by "Foo Fighters", FOO being a word that peppered Bill Holman's Smokey Stover comics and was the subject of a novelty record, "What The World Needs Is Foo". Before I get too far off subject, several West Coast installations were attacked by Japanese submarines with damage of little consequence, and anti aircraft batteries were installed along with powerful carbon arc searchlights. One came down for a closer look, and The Battle of Los Angeles commenced. The alien craft hovered there in the searchlight beams (here contrast enhanced) with .50 machine gun bullets and exploding AA shells having no effect for several minutes, then it shot away at great speed. Naturally the Army denied the incident ever happened despite spent bullets and shell fragments found littering the ground the next day and newspapers covering the story. Those white dots are exploding AA shells.

It made a lasting impression on Los Angelinos and anyone who heard of the incident naturally. Me too, governments try as they will to coverup and deny extraterrestrial visitors only look silly in the face of so many witnesses. Naturally people are a bit jumpy, Arizona and California 911 centers are inundated with calls over a ‘spaceship-shaped light’ in the sky, but it is just a Space X rocket launch on December 23, 2017. Check it out, you've seen this many times before with rocket launches at Cape Canaveral, Florida. You can see the puff where the second stage ignited, and the booster trailing behind in the trail flared in the thin upper atmosphere.

Well, how many old movies have you seen that ended with "Keep watching, keep watching the skies."?

16631 16632

K2GSP
10-30-2019, 03:05 PM
Some years ago Schrödinger's cat explained to me how I could be both dead and alive at the same time when I thought I was just Dead Inside. I had already learned to speak Cat being taught by my pets. So, now quantum superposition explains why I see my doppelgangers as Lennon said, Here, There, And Everywhere. I've been Entangled since I bought the Genesis album A Trick Of The Tail album in 1976, a very beautiful song BTW, and now I know it was because of oligo-tetraphenylporphyrins enriched with fluoroalkylsulfanyl chains. Now I have to learn how to pronounce it!

Yes, we ARE getting somewhere, but if we discover where we cannot know when, and if we discover when we cannot know where. That's Heisenberg's uncertainty principle, any of a variety of mathematical inequalities asserting a fundamental limit to the precision with which certain pairs of physical properties of a particle, known as complementary variables or canonically conjugate variables such as position x and momentum p, can be known or, depending on interpretation, to what extent such conjugate properties maintain their approximate meaning, as the... Oh forget it, the back of the NJIT lecture hall was a place to sleep between classes.

Trick Of The Tail is one of my favorite Genesis albums.

WØTKX
10-30-2019, 05:54 PM
Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft by Klaatu

Hung up on Caroline, you are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os21luFTm3I

kb2vxa
11-01-2019, 05:49 AM
Radio Caroline, the full size image of the MV Ross Revenge is my "home page" in my Firefox browser, and I listen to the Internet scream every morning as I browse the web. That's easy, the embedded player isn'y needed because the scream http://sc3.radiocaroline.net:8030/listen.pls plays in MPC-HC. Yeah, Sun Ra was strange, but more talented than I. He invented the genre Strange Jazz and has a place in my music archives.