PDA

View Full Version : Bragging

W3WN
08-01-2019, 09:30 PM
You all know how proud I am of Little Miss Field Day.

She has her own website now... all sorts of her work posted there. Check it out!

https://www.jnotarius-scenic.com (https://www.jnotarius-scenic.com/resume)

KG4CGC
08-01-2019, 10:55 PM
Very cool :) Thank you for sharing.

kb2vxa
08-02-2019, 07:49 AM
Ditto!

K4PIH
08-02-2019, 11:07 AM
Nice! Definitely a talented young woman.

W3WN
08-02-2019, 11:32 AM
Nice! Definitely a talented young woman.
Yes, she is! Despite being born with a major handicap... but she overcame me being her father. :snicker:

Seriously, my father had a tremendous talent as an artist, and I’m glad to see that she inherited those traits from him.

WZ7U
08-02-2019, 02:53 PM
Looks like LMF should have no problems charting her own course in life. You're entitled to your proud papa status Ron, enjoy it. :clap:

kb2vxa
08-03-2019, 07:06 AM
Yeah, she's gone WAY beyond my mediocre talent as a sketch artist. But then it doesn't take much to bastardize into Manga those cartoons I watched on Saturday morning TV before mum chased me out of the house. As an aside, between good home cooked meals and plenty of exercise I didn't get fat like today's victims of Happy Meals, video games, and permissive parenting. Hey you fatties, GET OFF MY LAWN!

To borrow a title from Huey Lewis and the News, her future's so bright she has to wear shades. You see sets like that on Broadway and Hollyweird, but in The Big Time she's crossing several union lines. After a little homework to make a decision of which way to go maybe some day we'll see her name on the silver screen credit rolls. Go for it kid, follow the money!

ad4mg
08-03-2019, 11:24 AM
Yes, she is! Despite being born with a major handicap... but she overcame me being her father. :snicker:

Seriously, my father had a tremendous talent as an artist, and I’m glad to see that she inherited those traits from him.

One of her strongest traits seems to be the ability to keep an open mind and adapt. I recall not too long ago that she was interested in being a singer. Now, she's on 2 entirely different career paths which are hardly related to singing. Her ability to not become frustrated but instead show determination and flexibility are a great strength. She will do fine for herself, and you should be proud, Ron!

W3WN
08-03-2019, 04:53 PM
One of her strongest traits seems to be the ability to keep an open mind and adapt. I recall not too long ago that she was interested in being a singer. Now, she's on 2 entirely different career paths which are hardly related to singing. Her ability to not become frustrated but instead show determination and flexibility are a great strength. She will do fine for herself, and you should be proud, Ron!
Well, after her experience with the American Idol audition, she became a little disillusioned with professional singing.

Then when she got passed over (twice) for admittance to COPA in the Musical Theatre program (they audition something like 1500 kids — and take 30 - 35 at most each year, with a “diverse” group), she got a little disillusioned with acting.

She hasn’t given up on acting, though. After all, that is what professional wrestling really is.

But... not getting into the Musical Theatre program led to a recommendation that she try Scenic Design, and not only did she get accepted, but she found her passion. So sometimes, even getting screwed over can lead to good things.

W3WN
08-28-2019, 02:28 PM
Time flies like an arrow... (and yes, fruit flies like a banana... )

Seems like yesterday we were returning from Weston VT after dropping off LMFD and her pile of stuff... and missing Hamvention weekend to boot, but that’s not important right now.

Almost literally was yesterday (more like 10 days ago) that we got back from a weekend trip to do a little (and I do mean a LITTLE) sightseeing... and pick up the bulk of her stuff.

(Found a great little farmers market on the way out of Weston on VT 100, literally ON the farm, fantastic white corn! And the sugar-free chocolate fudge at the Country Store IN Weston... wow, if I didn’t know better, I’d think it was bad for me!)

Just got a text. LMFD is waiting on the Greyhound to NYC, she’ll transfer at the Port Authority terminal to a westbound bus, and should be home sometime tomorrow.

And the best news is, she already has a gig lined up starting on Tuesday, after the holidays. She’s an adult for sure now! Which means... I can start charging her rent!

kb2vxa
08-29-2019, 06:38 AM
"Found a great little farmers market... ...literally ON the farm, fantastic white corn!"
Memories of NJ-202 lined with farms each having a farmer's market. One was a pick your own, instead of veggies on the table were baskets and cutters. "Tis the season for tender young white corn (oh so sweet) but get it while it lasts, the next growth stage is ordinary yellow. That doesn't last too long either, the last stage is cow corn, looks good but too tough to eat. Come fall the plants die and dry out, then it becomes decorative for Halloween and silage. There's my short story, set it to music and call it A Day In The Life Of A Corn. (Sorry John.)

"She’s an adult for sure now! Which means... I can start charging her rent!"
But it's not Christmas yet Mr. Scrooge. Oh, may I have just one lump of coal for the fire?

W3WN
08-30-2019, 11:08 PM
Oh yes, I remember US 202 from New Hope to Flemington. After I got my driver’s license, I got tasked with driving my younger brother to the Black River & Western on the weekends, where he was a volunteer. (They’ve since bypassed New Hope & Lambertville with a new toll bridge & rerouted 202 over the Delaware, but old 202 is now NJ 179 if memory serves)

Never appreciated those farmer’s stands when I was thin and had long hair... well, at least I still have hair, even if LMFD has turned it first grey and now white.

i’m going down to the W3PIE Gabfest in the morning, after the monthly club breakfast. I could take PA 43 both ways, a new 4 lane divided (toll) highway, but I’m planning on heading home on PA 51, just so I can stop at a stand or two and get some fresh ears of corn!

And... I’m not Scrooge. Yes, she’s going to pay rent, but not in cash. Chores. We’ve already discussed it.

That kid’s going to outshine her old man, let me tell you... and I’m proud of her for doing that!

kb2vxa
08-31-2019, 03:22 PM
Ah yes, the BR&W that changed routes several times in my train spotting daze, the NH&I across the river was easier to keep up with. They gave me a chuckle when the train with "The Mexican" on one end and a Diesel on the other was in the station and nobody was around. Along with the hollow chuffing of the air compressor I heard a small gasoline engine running on the other side of a coach, strange. I walked around the other side and there they were, a genset in the battery box and an air conditioner in a window... >POP< my bubble burst. There's nothing like an air conditioner to make a train wreck (sic) out of a steampunk fantasy. Speaking of air conditioners, it only gets worse. Window units were around in 1952 when the Western High Noon was made and there was at least one in a window at the Melody Ranch where some of the location shots were filmed. I caught a major goof and along with the movie I archived it, look above and to the right of Gary Cooper's head, a window air conditioner in the 1844 Wild West!

"I still have hair, even if LMFD has turned it first grey and now white."
I always knew you had some of the attributes of Moses.
"And... I’m not Scrooge. Yes, she’s going to pay rent, but not in cash. Chores. We’ve already discussed it."

"That kid’s going to outshine her old man, let me tell you... and I’m proud of her for doing that!"
I don't think the Islanders mind if I speak for all, we are as proud as you are. In a world sinking down one thing always holds true, the cream rises to the top. Congratulations!

PA5COR
09-01-2019, 06:06 AM
It's always good to see your kid(s) doing great, it raises yourself as well.
As my son works, staying mostly off alcohol, and just enjoys the occasional reefer here, he saves up, and has high work ethics.
As long he is happy I'm not pushing him, did that enough at 32 he is old and wise enough to sort his own life.
I've never been materialistic, just basic needs, some hobby, and get on in life, help out others when they need it.
In the autumn of my life I'm happy with what I did, that is the most important part, looking forward to see our kids being successful in life they way they want to live it, not what is expected from them.

kb2vxa
09-02-2019, 05:45 PM
What are you talking about??? Seeing our kids being successful in life they way they want to live it IS what is expected from them!

koØm
02-02-2020, 11:24 PM
Arlando Griffin is a Cincinnati 5th-grader loves soccer; he's headed to NYC's Fashion Week with FCC kit unveiling

Arlando Griffin is 11 years old, a big brother and a right midfielder for the West End Pride, his neighborhood soccer team and one that's sponsored by FC Cincinnati.

In other words, a typical fifth grader.

That's about to change. He's about to be thrust into the spotlight this week when he serves as a model for FC Cincinnati's 2020 season kit in a Fashion Week show in New York City.

Instead of team-by-team reveals, this year Major League Soccer and Adidas – a league sponsor – will unveil the league’s complete collection of 2020 jerseys all at once in a fashion show.

Each team is sending a jersey model.

Among those headed to New York for the event, per a league press release, MLS greats Alexi Lalas, Jack Jewsbury and Jaime Moreno; pro football players Boston Scott and Deandre Hopkins; actor Colin Hanks; YouTube star Dude Perfect; and rapper Murs.

(https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/soccer/fc-cincinnati/2020/01/31/5th-grader-model-fc-cincinnatis-kit-during-nyc-fashion-week/2856651001/?fbclid=IwAR3QkTeFkAOTmcFSqMc_fZgqt0ByTZn20Xi-xbT90XFPhf4zcVnpxnLrs4I)And, of course, Arlando. (https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/soccer/fc-cincinnati/2020/01/31/5th-grader-model-fc-cincinnatis-kit-during-nyc-fashion-week/2856651001/?fbclid=IwAR3QkTeFkAOTmcFSqMc_fZgqt0ByTZn20Xi-xbT90XFPhf4zcVnpxnLrs4I)

My grandson!

KG4CGC
02-02-2020, 11:57 PM
Congrats!

WZ7U
02-03-2020, 12:04 AM
Congratulations indeed! That will be one of those lifetime memories I only wish as a kid I could have had. FB

K4PIH
02-03-2020, 09:01 AM
Young person going places! If I'm still alive when he runs for President he's got my vote!

kb2vxa
02-03-2020, 09:24 AM
Some kids have all the luck, congratulations to the rising stars! Hey, at least when he's president he won't worry about his birth certificate. (;->)

W3WN
02-05-2020, 01:32 PM
Arlando Griffin is a Cincinnati 5th-grader loves soccer; he's headed to NYC's Fashion Week with FCC kit unveiling

Arlando Griffin is 11 years old, a big brother and a right midfielder for the West End Pride, his neighborhood soccer team and one that's sponsored by FC Cincinnati.

In other words, a typical fifth grader.

That's about to change. He's about to be thrust into the spotlight this week when he serves as a model for FC Cincinnati's 2020 season kit in a Fashion Week show in New York City.

Instead of team-by-team reveals, this year Major League Soccer and Adidas – a league sponsor – will unveil the league’s complete collection of 2020 jerseys all at once in a fashion show.

Each team is sending a jersey model.

Among those headed to New York for the event, per a league press release, MLS greats Alexi Lalas, Jack Jewsbury and Jaime Moreno; pro football players Boston Scott and Deandre Hopkins; actor Colin Hanks; YouTube star Dude Perfect; and rapper Murs.

(https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/soccer/fc-cincinnati/2020/01/31/5th-grader-model-fc-cincinnatis-kit-during-nyc-fashion-week/2856651001/?fbclid=IwAR3QkTeFkAOTmcFSqMc_fZgqt0ByTZn20Xi-xbT90XFPhf4zcVnpxnLrs4I)And, of course, Arlando. (https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/soccer/fc-cincinnati/2020/01/31/5th-grader-model-fc-cincinnatis-kit-during-nyc-fashion-week/2856651001/?fbclid=IwAR3QkTeFkAOTmcFSqMc_fZgqt0ByTZn20Xi-xbT90XFPhf4zcVnpxnLrs4I)

My grandson!

Congrats!

But get your own thread!

koØm
02-05-2020, 02:45 PM
Congrats!

But get your own thread!

:-D Thanks!

Opening another thread would be like competition with Ms. Field Day; I thought that we all Islanders could use the same thread to brag about our prodigy.

W3WN
02-05-2020, 05:43 PM
:-D Thanks!

Opening another thread would be like competition with Ms. Field Day; I thought that we all Islanders could use the same thread to brag about our prodigy.

.Sorry, the “just kidding” smiley didn’t come through.

Yeah, go for it.

W3WN
02-09-2020, 01:26 PM
Little Miss Field Day has her own trading card now. Under her professional name, of course.

KG4CGC
02-09-2020, 02:28 PM
Awesome! Kind of like a ham radio trading card ... 'cept, different.

kb2vxa
02-10-2020, 05:50 AM
I'm in love! <sigh>

W3WN
08-09-2020, 08:31 PM
So, a few short updates...

Tatianna Rose was the Women’s Champion for Black Diamond Wrestling in Wheeling WV, for about 6 months. She only gave it up when LMFD and most of the promotion’s wrestlers quit, about 2 months ago, due to a dispute with the owner of the promotion (he is alleged to be a huge racist and misogynist). She’s still wrestling, but with some different promotions.

Meanwhile... she’s been working since last Fall for Spirit Airlines out of PIT, as a customer service agent at the ticket counters and gates. That ends on Thursday.

A week from Tuesday, she starts as a management trainee for Penske Truck Rentals. With a starting pay increase over 50% over her current rate. She’s already scouting for an apartment of her own.

And... Spirit doesn’t want to let her go. They keep asking if she wants to work an evening or weekends, and if she ever wants to return full time, her job is waiting for her. (Me? They’d say something like “you’re still here? We thought you already left!”)