PDA

View Full Version : The 510 Thread

koØm
07-15-2019, 07:39 PM
https://youtu.be/6uP2JjZLNro

kb2vxa
07-16-2019, 08:31 AM
What a waste of sauce! Instead of blowing smoke rings he could be putting poison in his body, feeding a nicotine addiction that will bite him on the ass later in life. What a shame! Speaking of shame, that's electrical noise they call music these days, if you want to watch a kid playing best to turn the sound off and avoid ear bleed. You can provide your own music that fits the video, put on Mars, The Bringer of War from Gustav Holst- The Planets, full volume. While an orchestral version is OK, Isao Tomita did a bang up job with a synth and as it fades out at the end there are 5 very familiar notes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsZqXdPZb8s

koØm
07-22-2019, 08:34 PM
https://youtu.be/ANFKUS1khtE

koØm
08-29-2019, 11:12 AM
THC link probed, medical marijuana cleared

Another 14 cases of vaping-related illness have been reported in New York since state health officials earlier this month first warned that 11 people using vaping devices had to be hospitalized.

The new tally of 25 cases in New York comes after the first vaping-linked death was suspected in Illinois (https://www.lohud.com/story/news/nation/2019/08/23/vaping-death-illinois-man-who-recently-used-e-cigarette-dies/2096212001/) and nearly 200 vaping-related lung diseases are being investigated across the country.

Some public health experts say the illnesses are connected to vaping marijuana oil rather than nicotine, prompting criticism of federal health officials (https://www.lohud.com/story/news/health/2019/08/28/critics-cdc-silent-vaping-thc-injuries-mount/2121523001/) for failing to clearly alert people about the health risk being linked to tetrahydrocannabinol, known as THC, the chemical in marijuana that causes psychological effects.

While many of the 25 cases in New York involved THC, state health officials noted none of them reported using products sold by the medical marijuana companies licensed in New York.

"At this time, there are no concerns over the safety of approved New York State medical marijuana products," said Jill Montag, a Department of Health spokeswoman.

https://www.lohud.com/story/news/health/2019/08/28/14-new-cases-vaping-related-lung-illness-hit-new-york-thc-probed/2142910001/

This is the results of a "Demand-vs-Supply" imbalance; unscrupulous people taking advantage of desperate consumers.

koØm
08-29-2019, 11:20 AM
What is 510 thread?

"510 Thread" has been used to describe all sorts of vape pen parts, whether they are threaded or not. It's a non technical term created by an original e-cig factory (Joyetech) to describe the battery to tank connection they were using. While it was considered proprietary at the time, this (and most other e-cig innovations) are passed around freely between manufacturers. Most pens today are all based on this 510 thread.

510 literally means 10 threads at 0.5 mm per thread. The diameter is 7mm. If you were to create this thread yourself, it would use an M7 x 0.5 tap. Thank you to designer Don Salerno (http://www.donsalerno.com/) for correcting us on the proper way to describe the thread.

https://youtu.be/6uP2JjZLNro

kb2vxa
08-30-2019, 05:59 AM
Whether an M7 X 0.5 or any other thread you're getting screwed when you put this "safe cigarette" junk in your body. Nicotine is still a deadly poison and who knows what's in the vehicle used for vaping it? That having been said...

Anybody who gets sick from vaping hash oil (some ignorant straight came up with the incorrect term marijuana oil) is a bloody fool. We used to "vape" hash oil way before these electric devices were invented, we used a hash pipe aka a one hit pipe. One hit of the sacred ganja + one drop of hash oil on it, one toke was quite enough to get blasted and nobody ever got sick. Then there is another possibility, this junk going around in New York may be "bad marijuana oil" like the bad acid that was going around at Woodstock, made in haste and contaminated with byproducts.

X-Rated
08-30-2019, 07:36 AM
LINK (https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2019/08/23/first-death-reported-vaping-related-lung-illness-officials-say/?noredirect=on) Well, at least we have a death in Illinois from vaping. It may be totally safe in other states.

KG4CGC
08-30-2019, 12:02 PM
The media is having a shit fit, jacking themselves off in what has to be the biggest circle jerk since since Bush 41 held up a big bag full of crack on national television and declared it to be public enemy #1.
The bad vape carts are counterfeit! Some speculate it's poorly made butane honey oil where the butane has not been released or processed out of the compound. Of the ones that have been tested, they appear to be spice, aka K2 or fake pot liquid out of China, poured into empty cartomizers with names that resemble California brands that come from actual dispensaries. The spice is a thin liquid so who knows what they're mixing it with to thicken it up to more closely resemble legit THC carts.
Apparently they're easy to ship and avoid detection. If marijuana was legal then this wouldn't be a problem. You will always run into those who will take advantage of a black market.
Vaping nicotine is the safest thing on the planet. Safer than eating peanut butter on toast. If you disagree, I suggest you stop eating any vegetable from the nightshade family of plants. I also suggest you educate yourself on what legitimate vaping is.
The news media always says, "If it bleeds, it leads."

KG4CGC
08-30-2019, 02:29 PM

WZ7U
08-30-2019, 02:50 PM
Some of the clowns down under are using short sections of garden hose as a bowl/stem into an old vegemite jar as a bong. Weird shit, smoking garden hose with your favorite things.

kb2vxa
08-31-2019, 10:28 AM
The clowns down under won't like that very much. (;->) Genuine hookahs are expensive, every pot head had a Lucite bong so we made them from chemistry lab glassware like the still in The Swamp. No, not QRM, M*A*S*H. Where stoner movies go there are three Evil Bong (from outer space) movies out there, but I digress. I prefer the googoo from The Hitch Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy, but now getting to the point...

"Vaping nicotine is the safest thing on the planet. Safer than eating peanut butter on toast."
Tell that to one allergic to peanuts. (;->) With all due respect Charles, you seem to have missed what just may be the most important point that is completely overlooked in this whole debacle, NICOTINE IS ONE OF THE MOST POTENT DEADLY POISONS ON THE PLANET!!! I just can't emphasize it enough, ask any gardener who has read the list of ingredients in his bug killer or has used the "organic" insecticide, snuff. Yes, tobacco powder that seems to have gone out of fashion and is hard to find since the Geo. W. Helme Co. in the 4 building town across the street, Helmetta, NJ closed. The point I'm making here is it is so easy to overdose inhaling the concentrated form it's not funny, frankly a serious issue that may lie at the heart of the problem. https://www.healthline.com/health/nicotine-poisoning#causes INSTEAD OF DANCING AROUND THE ISSUE THE CDC AND CPC (center for poison control) SHOULD GET DOWN TO STUDIES AND THE POWERS THAT BE ACT ACCORDINGLY!

Charles, you're spot on with drug related issues related to vaping and other, I stand beside you and shout LEGALIZE MARIJUANA ACROSS THE BOARD! Then not only will stoners not have to resort to barely legal substances that KILL*, it will also open the door to much needed medical research. It has been good medicine (double entendre there) for thousands of years, WAKE UP WORLD!

* https://recointensive.com/resources/10-things-to-know-about-dangerous-mojo-marijuana-substitute/ Mojo isn't the only one, King Krypto, Spice, Puff, Tribal Warrior, Sleep Walker, Black Mamba and numerous other brands — that are legal are proven killers. The big trouble here is this is from memory of what documentation there was about a decade ago that has unfortunately disappeared, you'll just have to take the word of an honest man for it if you will.

KG4CGC
08-31-2019, 11:17 AM
You said you weren't going to talk to me anymore.

kb2vxa
09-01-2019, 09:40 AM
You misread me, I won't talk to you in that thread and I didn't. The best way to stop things going downhill is to stop. You're sensitive when it comes to posting photos so I'll avoid comment, but otherwise you're OK.

KG4CGC
09-01-2019, 12:43 PM
You're misinformed about vaping and you're bad at geography.

kb2vxa
09-02-2019, 05:07 PM
Well, if you think I'm misinformed about inhaling a deadly poison you're entitled to your opinion. How am I bad at geography? I read over my post carefully, the only thing I saw about geography is Helmetta, NJ. I lived more or less in the area and I remember the Helme snuff factory very well and the Pennsylvania RR spur de-electrified and one track removed by Conrail, now CSX that ran between the buildings and Manalapan Rd., both go from South Amboy to Jamesburg. I was issued a low number fishing permit by security to fish in the pond on the property behind the factory, dad, his brother and I went for bass at night and all we caught were lily pads. It was very dark, no light pollution, I lay back in the boat looking at the Milky Way imagining all the life out there. The last time I was there was about 1998 in the VXAmobile, the plant was closed and leased out, it and Helmetta across Manalapan Rd. remain viable. So, where did my geography go wrong? Google maps marks the spot.

KG4CGC
09-03-2019, 02:25 PM
You're VERY misinformed about vaping. That's not an opinion.
As for geography, Mt. Mitchell isn't anywhere near where you place in another thread.

WZ7U
09-03-2019, 03:31 PM
All I know about vaping is what I see. As an ex cigarette smoker, I see all the exhaled hit and wonder why it's so thick. Like if I were smoking weed with that person I would wonder why they're wasting so much of the hit. What am I actually seeing there? Looks like megahit overkill, which in my mind can't be good for you.

Enlighten please.

Can't speak to geography. I get lost from time to time too. :irked:

KG4CGC
09-03-2019, 09:46 PM
Vaping is supposed to be used as way to stop using cigarettes.
Nicotine levels can be controlled with vaping down to any decimal you choose.
Don't argue against vaping with people who have used it to stop smoking.
We know what 3 to 4 chemicals are used in "e-liquid."
propylene glycol
vegetable glycerin
pharmaceutical grade flavoring
... and diluted nicotine ... or not.
We know that you get 4000+ deadly chemicals from burning cigarettes, 64 of which contain known cancer causing carcinogens. Inhaling smoldering tobacco also increases carbon monoxide levels in the blood as well as added cyanide and arsenic.
Vaping is none of this. Vaping nicotine to quit cigarettes has no other side effect than making you crave cigarettes less. You can decrease your nicotine levels little by little until you get down to zero or whatever is a comfortable level. The levels of nicotine is vaping is not only very low, but there is no tar and none of the chemicals the tobacco companies use to make the cigarette hit more like a hit of crack!

Why big thick clouds? Not everyone does that. That's competitive level shit. Yes. Yes, there is vape sport. What do you expect though. We're humans. People are competitive. It's hardwired in our DNA. Survival of the fittest and all that.
Most people quitting smoking use smaller devices that simply keep their nicotine maintenance where it needs to be as they get further and further away from cigarettes. If you've never used nicotine, then you shouldn't vape. It's that simple. Otherwise, leave adults alone and don't preach to them about vaping. It could be worse.
Remember when everyone smoked? Remember when stale old ashtray smell was everywhere? Stairwells, elevators, storefronts, inside stores, etc etc etc ad-nauseum? Remember hugging your aunt and she smelled of make-up and Tareytons? Remember cigarettes butts rolling and flopping around at the end of the escalator? Where you inside the Belk's when a child reached down to grab on of those cigarette butts and lost 3 fingers and a few more inches of skin to the escalator? Did you hear the blood curdling scream of a 5 year old losing his innocence forever that day?
I did.
There is none of that with vaping.

koØm
09-03-2019, 09:54 PM
All I know about vaping is what I see. As an ex cigarette smoker, I see all the exhaled hit and wonder why it's so thick. Like if I were smoking weed with that person I would wonder why they're wasting so much of the hit. What am I actually seeing there? Looks like megahit overkill, which in my mind can't be good for you.

Enlighten please.

Can't speak to geography. I get lost from time to time too. :irked:

IMHO,

When you see Nicotine huge vapors clouds from nicotine vapers, it has to do with the type of mixture used and the equipment used to vaporize the liquid. Nic-Vap liquid has a mixture of Propyl Glycerol and Propyl Ethel Glycerol what Charles said in the previous post which, makes the clouds of vapors.

Authentic (and reputable) THC / CBD vaping cartridges use different agents to dilute the oil that goes into the carts. THC/CBD oils don't give off those kinds of vapor clouds.

If, you see someone blowing vapor clouds like the ones in the videos, and saying that it's from a THC/CBD cart then, they are trying to bamboozle you or, they themselves have been bamboozled.

WZ7U
09-03-2019, 11:55 PM
OK, that sounds better guys. Thanks. Must be the propylene glycol I'm seeing.

I know when your head gasket is leaking coolant (ethylene glycol) into the combustion chamber bad enough, you get a cloud similar to what these clowns are blowing out the car windows at 65mph. I swear sometimes they are playing that video game from the 80's where the car had machine guns, oil slick and a cloud machine to wipe out the competition. Can't remember the name.... fuck.

KG4CGC
09-04-2019, 01:59 PM
The guy in the video may have been using straight vegetable glycerin. It's smoother and produces denser vapor.

kb2vxa
09-05-2019, 08:51 AM
"You're VERY misinformed about vaping. That's not an opinion.
And that ends that, it was going nowhere.

"As for geography, Mt. Mitchell isn't anywhere near where you place in another thread."
That was a good way to confuse me. You made no dispute there, however it is you who are confused. I have been to Mt. Mitchell many times beginning in early childhood, the last time was hill-topping in the VXAmobile. Every time I tried to raise somebody on 146.520 all I heard was myself answering my call, some LID put a simplex repeater on the FM calling channel! I had an aunt and uncle who lived there in Highlands, not to be confused with Atlantic Highlands at the foot of the mountain on the shoreline. Grandma's family was shore people, during the war they parked on the mountain watching naval gun flashes on the horizon. I used to park with a girlfriend or two atop the Palisades overlooking the Hudson River, we called it submarine race watching, but I digress. Just out of curiosity where do you think Mt. Mitchell is? Now if Google Maps will cooperate I'll mark the spot, 460 Ocean Blvd, Atlantic Highlands, NJ now overgrown, the parking area, the binoculars, and Hofbrau Haus gone.

The close up map had to be shrunk to 640X480 to fit here and still show the whole top of the mountain making detail hard to see, I suggest you squint. (;->) That's how it's laid out today with new houses and a new high rise apartment building where the lookout in front of the Hofbrau Haus were. They were on Scenic Drive when it crossed from the bend in Ocean Blvd. to the bend in the present Scenic Drive. Now it's nothing more than a dual driveway for the high rise. Being prime real estate it's now littered with McMansions nestled in the trees rather like Short Hills, NJ where the estates worth mucho millions some designed by Frank Lloyd Wright are stacked one against the other. Frankly even if I could buy and sell the whole city I wouldn't live where I could shake my neighbor's hand without either of us leaving the house.

KG4CGC
09-05-2019, 01:25 PM
1) Never argue with someone who used vaping to quit smoking. Glad to see you heeded my advice.

2) That's not Mt. Mitchell.

WZ7U
09-05-2019, 01:30 PM
I'm going out on a limb by postulating that there could be more than one Mount Mitchell in the country. :doh:

KG4CGC
09-05-2019, 02:14 PM
Well, there's the REAL Mt. Mitchell. Highest point east of the Mississippi. Everything else is a lie.

WZ7U
09-05-2019, 06:02 PM
Well, there's the REAL Mt. Mitchell. Highest point east of the Mississippi. Everything else is a lie.

I figured that, but did find this. Gotta love disambiguation...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Mitchell_(disambiguation)

KG4CGC
09-05-2019, 07:59 PM
Throw in a little wine and B00M! Transubstantiation.

WZ7U
09-05-2019, 09:00 PM
But I prefer transmorgification....

kb2vxa
09-06-2019, 12:52 PM
Oh boy, here we go with disambiguation causing discombobulation, so I'll ask you just one question. WTF does a Jersey boy care about an Earth pimple in North Carolina now that this is the first he's heard of it? Oh I just love this from the State Park website: "From its easily accessible observation deck, the spruce-fir forest of Mount Mitchell State Park leads the eye to unmatched views." Yeah, unmatched views of a million kids playing vaping games. (ducking)

koØm
09-06-2019, 01:18 PM
Yeah, unmatched views of a million kids playing vaping games. (ducking)

------>ETA: Dayum!

Y'all is killing me.

WZ7U
09-06-2019, 01:44 PM
Ppffffftt ear

KG4CGC
09-06-2019, 02:51 PM

koØm
09-06-2019, 09:32 PM

Pour the Bartender a drink!

kb2vxa
09-07-2019, 08:54 AM
Along with a drink, make it a double...

Don't Bogart that joint, my friend
Pass it over to Charles
Pass it over to him

Roll another one
Just like the other one
You've been hangin' onto it
And he sure would like a hit

Rooooooooll another one
Just like the other one
That one's burned just 'bout to the end
So comon and be a real friend

Pass it over to Charles
Pass it over to him

I was more of a stoner than a biker, but let it be known that I admire the skill and dedication of chopper builders, and consider their products works of art. Please note that this is NOT the Captain America chopper as seen in Easy Rider, it's a replica built from wreckage of that one destroyed at the end of the movie. Here is background and credit finally given to the builders: https://www.mrzip66.com/2012/06/26/the-easy-rider-bikes-built-by-ben-hardy-and-cliff-vaughs/ Here is the fate of the replica, and I agree with Peter Fonda, “There’s a big rat stinking someplace in this.”. https://www.latimes.com/business/autos/la-fi-hy-easy-rider-captain-america-bike-sold-20141019-story.html

KC2KFC
09-07-2019, 08:47 PM
It appears there is a bandwagon many are jumping on.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/death-from-vaping-in-indiana-california-and-minnesota-more-people-died-at-least-450-illnesses-now-nationwide/

I am neither pro nor con on this issue because I know very little about it and therefore cannot make an educated argument for or against it.

Here is a video from the BBC that shows lab tests and the difference between smoking cigarettes and vaping.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/health-46697036/smoking-v-vaping-watch-lab-test-results

KG4CGC
09-07-2019, 09:42 PM
And once again, those hospitalized were not vaping nicotine products. An important distinction since in the United States, they're going after nicotine vapes as well as THC vapes.
I know there are others who know more about the THC vapes than I do. Perhaps a word from the experienced?

KG4CGC
09-07-2019, 11:13 PM
Two hospitals in England have allowed an e-cigarette company to open vape shops on their premises as part of a move by the hospitals to ban smoking in and around their buildings.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/10/world/europe/uk-hospitals-vaping-shops.html

kb2vxa
09-08-2019, 10:05 AM
I was going to back out and just lurk, but this really gets my goat! The first link is retro 1930s anti marijuana propaganda, Reefer Madness and all. The second is what any moron with an IQ of 40 can tell you, e-cigarettes are tobacco without all that nasty tar and carcinogens, exactly what they're intended for. No sense repeating what I said about hash oil soaked ganja in a (one hit) hash pipe, the way we did it before e-cigarettes, you have already read the details. I see this thread has turned into a pissing contest, so to avoid golden showers I'm out of here altogether, this shit isn't worth reading anymore.

KG4CGC
09-08-2019, 01:09 PM
I was going to back out and just lurk, but this really gets my goat! The first link is retro 1930s anti marijuana propaganda, Reefer Madness and all. The second is what any moron with an IQ of 40 can tell you, e-cigarettes are tobacco without all that nasty tar and carcinogens, exactly what they're intended for. No sense repeating what I said about hash oil soaked ganja in a (one hit) hash pipe, the way we did it before e-cigarettes, you have already read the details. I see this thread has turned into a pissing contest, so to avoid golden showers I'm out of here altogether, this shit isn't worth reading anymore.

You're the one turning it into a shit show so sit down and eat your crow!

koØm
09-08-2019, 01:17 PM
And once again, those hospitalized were not vaping nicotine products. An important distinction since in the United States, they're going after nicotine vapes as well as THC vapes.
I know there are others who know more about the THC vapes than I do. Perhaps a word from the experienced?

This video ( https://www.cbsnews.com/news/death-from-vaping-in-indiana-california-and-minnesota-more-people-died-at-least-450-illnesses-now-nationwide/) report really turned my crank; portrayed here is some ignorant azz-hole attempting to turn his 15 minutes of shame into 15 minutes of fame.

He admits to purchasing the shit off the street from a black market seller in a "Dark-ages State" and, using is "Addiction" as an excuse. I could not get past the first minute and a half of the Anti-Marijuana propaganda advertisement; the lying S.O.B. was more than likely being coached from a script.

Bootleg whisky ("De-rail") has sickened and blinded more people than Jack Daniels ever has; this is history repeating itself ala the prohibition on Whisky where, people took to making their own spirits in the bathtub. Now-a-days, you have people who picture themselves as "Garage Chemist" trained via Youtube who, call themselves producing Cannabis derived products, this is where the problems arise.

No, wait, the tainted THC carts are being manufactured in China and smuggled across the US borders by illegal immigrants who swallow them in Mexico and then crap them out in San Diego, California or, El-Paso Texas where they are transported to the inner cities. It is in the inner cities where innocent suburbanites have been lured to purchase this contraband.

The U.S. Government could put a end to all this bootleg / Black market goings-on if it wanted to.

Somebody. please give me a break.

Oh By The Way, *I* the OP started this thread weeks before they started trying to connect "Pleasure - Competitive Vaping" to the "Reefer-Madness" connected propaganda. People believe what they want to and tune out the rest.

koØm
09-10-2019, 12:33 PM

"Smoke 'em if you got 'em (From a Licensed Ohio Dispensary) boys" .

KD8TUT
09-11-2019, 05:25 PM
You guys may not know this... But I spent 10 years working in the tobacco harm reduction movement.

By that- I mean I spent 10 years as a Director and Board Secretary for CASAA: http://www.casaa.org (Consumer Advocates for Smoke Free Alternatives Association)

The truth is this: Vaping is not a vitamin or completely safe. But it's safer than tobacco. How do I know? Because I had a hand in funding studies that support that position.

E-cig e-liquid made without consideration of the the ingredients (PG, VG, and some sort of flavor base) can be dangerous. Somebody screwed up the e-juice. Probably upstream in the supply chain (most likely China).

That people are dying is horrible. But this lays right at the feet of the FDA. We told them about the possible problems. And instead of making regulations to foster the industry- they made regulations that made it near impossible for a non-Big Tobacco to open up shop. They killed an industry with about a 1000 startups.

That's the truth. I was there for it.

The anti-tobacco lobby see cigarettes going away- they need a new demon to stay in business. They don't care if they are right. So they are taking aim at a safer product and still allowing cigarettes on the market.

KG4CGC
09-12-2019, 01:40 AM
You guys may not know this... But I spent 10 years working in the tobacco harm reduction movement.

By that- I mean I spent 10 years as a Director and Board Secretary for CASAA: http://www.casaa.org (Consumer Advocates for Smoke Free Alternatives Association)

The truth is this: Vaping is not a vitamin or completely safe. But it's safer than tobacco. How do I know? Because I had a hand in funding studies that support that position.

E-cig e-liquid made without consideration of the the ingredients (PG, VG, and some sort of flavor base) can be dangerous. Somebody screwed up the e-juice. Probably upstream in the supply chain (most likely China).

That people are dying is horrible. But this lays right at the feet of the FDA. We told them about the possible problems. And instead of making regulations to foster the industry- they made regulations that made it near impossible for a non-Big Tobacco to open up shop. They killed an industry with about a 1000 startups.

That's the truth. I was there for it.

The anti-tobacco lobby see cigarettes going away- they need a new demon to stay in business. They don't care if they are right. So they are taking aim at a safer product and still allowing cigarettes on the market.

The problem here is not e-juice. The problem is black market THC cartomizers made in some guy's kitchen in Wisconsin. He used vitamin E as a mixing agent. When vitamin E is vaped it solidifies on the inside of the lungs causing suffocation.
This isn't a vaping problem. This is an illegal drug problem. The regular e-liquid used for smoking cessation is not the culprit of the current health crisis. However, a representative in Utah claims that 84% of the e-liquid in his state contains opium.

WZ7U
09-12-2019, 02:06 AM
The problem here is not e-juice. The problem is black market THC cartomizers made in some guy's kitchen in Wisconsin. He used vitamin E as a mixing agent. When vitamin E is vaped it solidifies on the inside of the lungs causing suffocation.
This isn't a vaping problem. This is an illegal drug problem. The regular e-liquid used for smoking cessation is not the culprit of the current health crisis. However, a representative in Utah claims that 84% of the e-liquid in his state contains opium.

What a clusterfuck this development is. Who comes up with these faulty formulas besides idiots? Makes me think someone oughta be doin some time; a LOT of it.

KD8TUT
09-12-2019, 03:05 AM
What a clusterfuck this development is. Who comes up with these faulty formulas besides idiots? Makes me think someone oughta be doin some time; a LOT of it.

The formula is not complicated. Without flavoring, it's a 50-50 or 70-30 PG/VG mix with nicotine added.

I make my own liquid all the time. It's so inexpensive... buy a liter of 100mg/ml nicotine, a liter each of PG/VG, run a few numbers through a calculator... mix proper amounts.

*poof* you have e-juice.

KD8TUT
09-12-2019, 03:11 AM

We who are close to the industry call that bathtub juice.

There have been a few real mishaps in the last 10 years. One company shipped nicotine labelled as 100mg/ml but it was actually 325mg/ml. They got busted. I helped take it public with a nuclear chemist from Penn State who did the testing and provided verification.

There have been other mishaps... stacked lithium batteries with either no protection circuit or insufficient amperage leading to an explosive outgassing of said batteries on low resistance coils. Lots of crap from China. The original e-juice coming into the country was from a company called "Dekang". Early vapers are still not sure what was in it.

Oh... fuck Utah.

KG4CGC
09-12-2019, 10:17 AM
Utah, https://kutv.com/news/local/utah-lawmaker-calls-for-outright-ban-on-all-e-cigarette-vaping-products

WZ7U
09-12-2019, 04:20 PM
2News reporter Jeremy Harris talked to Beechtree Diagnostics about its findings. He'll explain why the lab says these numbers should not be taken as evidence, tonight on 2News at 10. (https://kutv.com/watch)

Wouldn't want to use actual facts now would they?

koØm
11-30-2019, 02:47 PM
As I'm sure many of you know, the state of Michigan has temporarily banned the sale of THC cartridges (https://www.freep.com/story/news/marijuana/2019/11/22/marijuana-vapes-michigan-testing/4265977002/) in state licensed facilities while they do further testing to find out the main culprit (Which many of us in the community already believe to be Vitamin E).

While yes, the cartridges in licensed shops are already tested, they have not yet been tested and cleared for filler such as Vitamin E.

In the meantime, DISTILLATE darts (little glass syringes) are still available for refilling empty cartridges. Do NOT use RSO to fill a cartridge, and if you are told this by a dispensary employee, please educate them in how wrong this is. RSO contains fats/lipids, solvents, and other impurities that are NOT safe to smoke and it should only be ingested.
Vape Brands to avoid at all costs include....

Cereal Vapes [Fake]
Chronic Carts [Fake]
Dabwoods [Fake]
Dank Vapes [Fake]
Exotic Carts [Fake]
Mario Carts [Fake]
Monopoly Carts [Fake]
Smart Carts [Fake]
Any Cali brand (Rove, Cookies [they only make Gio pods in Michigan so far], Brass Knuckles, Kingpen 710, Heavy Hitters etc.)
Crack Carts
Terpene Tanks [possible link to Vitamin E, Original Batches, not currently. No tests, based on patient/producer testimony check the comments]
Pure Michigan Oil [failed multiple third party tests for pesticides]

Licensed brands that have failed before licensing include....

Platinum Vape
Midknight Express
Savage Sticks
Big Gas

However these brands are licensed now, and generally considered safe, but not suggested by the majority of the community.
Other licensed brands that do the job and are generally considered safe are...

Church
Drip
Monster Xtracts
Mary's Medicinal [half gram carts are better quality oil than the full grams supposedly]
Presto
Select Elite

However, they are pricey for the quality that you're getting.
The vape brands generally considered safe and suggested by members of our community are....

Claw [L]
Conscious Extracts
Denk Farms
Gooeyman
Loud Organics
Lightsky Farms [in licensing process]
Mitten Greens (NOT Mitten Extracts)
Permafrost
Valhalla [almost done with licensing]

[I]Brands marked with an [L] are licensed and can be found in licensed provisioning centers (yes there's only one)

kb2vxa
12-01-2019, 06:59 AM
As expected I see lawyers on TV and money found in this mess as asbestos is winding down. No, I don't sit and watch that commercial infested box of shit, only for background while eating lunch. If I were a defendant the grumpy old bastid in me has the tough shit defense that's entirely logical. One is smoking cigarettes has caught up to you, tough shit. The other for non smokers who started vaping, (why I have no idea) the risks have been published and are well known, despite them you did it to yourself... tough shit. If they're MJ heads it becomes either medical MJ was never meant to be vaped, tough shit, or Ebee* is jealous and cursed your vaporizer, tough shit. But seriously, bathtub juice is deadly and you know it, tough shit.

* Ebee, the Evil Bong movie franchise, Tommy Chong The Eternal Stoner is back.

I never believed in substitutes, Substitutes by The Who excepted. (;->) I became one of those I quit easy enough and am clean, if I can do it so can you adamant anti smoking/vaping advocates. When I made the decision to quit, unfortunately too late, I cleaned house and steeled myself never to go back, withdrawal is rough and requires a strong force of will. May the force (of will) be with you. Then things calm down and in a few months it's all gone provided you stay out of the environment, stay away from smokers. When you don't see it or smell it, even a dog end (British for butt) stinks, stay away and you won't even think about it. When I finish this I'll stop thinking about it.

koØm
12-02-2019, 12:57 PM
* (https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2019/11/surprise-decision-means-recreational-marijuana-available-in-michigan-dec-1.html)

Michigan recreational marijuana retail sales to begin Dec. 1 (https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2019/11/surprise-decision-means-recreational-marijuana-available-in-michigan-dec-1.html)

LANSING, MI -- Michigan residents will be able to legally purchase marijuana from stores beginning Dec. 1, the state Marijuana Regulatory Agency announced Wednesday, Nov. 13.

<snip>
<snip>

Up to half of the products currently on display in dispensaries across the state, including vaping products, edibles and flower, are likely to soon be made available for purchase by the general public, no longer only to those with a state-issued patient or caretaker medical marijuana card.

<snip>
<snip>

Omar Hishmeh, who co-owns Exclusive Brands, a company that grows, processes and retails marijuana from its location at 3820 Varsity Dr. in Ann Arbor, said once news spread that the recreational market would go live on Dec. 1, company leaders called an emergency meeting.
“We’re stoked,” Hishmeh said. “The whole team is stoked. Literally, we just got out of a group meeting with management and retail trying to properly prepare for this so that we’re over-prepared.”

“We’re stoked,”

kb2vxa
12-03-2019, 09:57 AM
We're stoked alright!
Had me a couple of real nice girlfriends
stop by to see me every once in a while.
When I think back about those days
all I could do is sit and smile.
Now smoke is stoke,
and groovin is groovin!
Outside the club, cherry bomb
Thrush glass packs on a 427.........

Just look at those long lines of stoners, and pity the guy way back when he gets to the door and sees the SOLD OUT sign. (:-<) Omar Hashish? Glad he remembers "stoke" that fell into disuse years ago. I'm glad Miss Shegan finally legalized recreational use, sooner or later every state will and I predict it will take a while for Alley Bama to come into the 21st Century. Then what will Uncle Sam the Straight Man do? That promises to be an interesting quagmire when the Congress and Senate rest rooms smell of a strange air freshener.

KG4CGC
12-04-2019, 11:39 AM
All things being equal, that meaning black market THC carts being taken off the table, vaping THC is safer than smoking. A little gray area though because you don't smoke 20 doobies a day the way cigarette smokers will go through a pack or two a day. That's 20 per pack so 20 to 40 a day. I even met a couple of 5 pack a day smokers. Constantly had one lit and hanging from the lip.

For older doobie consumers, vaping could be the difference they need in their day. Not everyone wants to burn their medicine. To wit, not everyone wants to eat their medicine. Edibles are fine if that's what you want and you know how to dose yourself or are willing to listen to the advice of professionals.