PDA

View Full Version : Line of Duty

X-Rated
07-01-2019, 11:01 AM
A show you can get on Acorn TV is Line of Duty. I found it riveting. The series are typically 6 episodes and come out typically once every 2 years. There are 5 series right now.

KC2KFC
07-01-2019, 07:39 PM
A show you can get on Acorn TV is Line of Duty. I found it riveting. The series are typically 6 episodes and come out typically once every 2 years. There are 5 series right now.
I've added it to my watch list. I'm taking a 4 day weekend, so there might be some bin watching in the near future.

I hope all is well with you, my friend.

HUGH
07-08-2019, 04:40 PM
I looked up Acorn TV and they seem to be nett importers and distributors of British TV programs. I wonder what their long-term plans are but meanwhile I'm pleased you enjoy "Line of Duty". There are some police procedural flaws as in almost every police drama.

There are a few other things you might look out for in the future but I'll see what Acorn have in mind.

KC2KFC
07-09-2019, 03:38 PM
My wife and I subscribe to both Acorn TV and Brit Box. I find the British shows are better produced and the acting is heads and shoulders above what Hollywood produces in the U.S. I really enjoy watching some of the older British shows. Lately we've been watching "As Time Goes By" with Judi Dench and Geoffrey Palmer.

HUGH
07-09-2019, 03:57 PM
There's loads of titles to choose from apart from Police and crime. If your tastes are anything like mine, there are some historical type series as well over the last 3 years or so such as:
War & Peace, Les Miserables (no singing...just straight drama), Poldark, Gentleman Jack and so on. Poldark is just starting the last series and Gentleman Jack just finished the first.

KC2KFC
07-12-2019, 04:25 PM
I've just started watching "Reilly - Ace of Spies". It was produced in the 80s and the leading character is played by a quite young Sam Neil. A very interesting historical drama about Sidney Reilly who was a British spy in the early part of the 20th century.

X-Rated
08-27-2019, 10:34 PM
I've added it to my watch list. I'm taking a 4 day weekend, so there might be some bin watching in the near future.

I hope all is well with you, my friend.

I can't complain. No one will listen. I've been looking for a job. For me, it's a tough market. Keeping me busy, though. I hope you are doing well.

I have viewed some of the other shows on Acorn. A few are pretty good. I realize that Line of Duty has a lot of flaws to it but I put my mind on cruise control and let the mistakes happen. I watch it subtitled as well. It's good to see the words being said so I can look them up. That's not a line of codswallop either.

WØTKX
08-31-2019, 08:20 PM
I've just started watching "Reilly - Ace of Spies". It was produced in the 80s and the leading character is played by a quite young Sam Neil. A very interesting historical drama about Sidney Reilly who was a British spy in the early part of the 20th century.

I love the older British series. Reginald Perrin and Rising Damp with the great (late) Leonard Rossiter were quite good.

Lately, I have been binging this show. It's from Canada. Pretty damn funny.

https://youtu.be/zjv4iMT6mZM

KG4CGC
09-01-2019, 02:09 AM
I can't complain. No one will listen. I've been looking for a job. For me, it's a tough market. Keeping me busy, though. I hope you are doing well.

I have viewed some of the other shows on Acorn. A few are pretty good. I realize that Line of Duty has a lot of flaws to it but I put my mind on cruise control and let the mistakes happen. I watch it subtitled as well. It's good to see the words being said so I can look them up. That's not a line of codswallop either.

Thank you for using " codswallop" in a sentence in regular conversation but sometimes it can be difficult to tell which noun a participle phrase is modifying. Thankfully, the noun being modified is actually in the sentence.

Why did I say that? I don't know. It was just a short, thought experiment.