PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Vacuum Variable Capacitor

W3WN
05-07-2019, 09:00 PM
Anyone have an unneeded Vacuum Variable Capacitor that they’d be willing to part with at a decent price?

I’m looking for one for an antenna project. I’ve seen some “Russian Military Surplus” ones covering 25 -400 pF at various voltage/power levels, over on the auction site, but who knows what you’re really buying?

N8YX
05-08-2019, 09:34 AM
Check Fair Radio and Surplus Sales yet?

W3WN
05-09-2019, 04:31 PM
Check Fair Radio and Surplus Sales yet?
Yes.

Fair Radio only has a few in stock, and they are all $$$. Surplus Sales has a few more available, but they are all $$$ or $$$$. (Not including tax and shipping)

Figures. I’ve seen them at hamfests on & off in the past for around $50 - 75. Now that I am in need of one? Not a one in sight.

Was just kinda hoping someone had one that they no longer needed & would be willing to part with...

PA5COR
05-10-2019, 03:48 AM
Prices for them here are quite high, certainly the higher voltage/capacity ones, 25th of may we have a large ham sale here, will have a look there with the Russians that come every year there to sell their stuff.
They become more like unobtanium every year ...

koØm
06-12-2019, 10:36 PM
Go with https://www.ebay.com/usr/qro-stuff

I have made multiple purchases from this company, they never did me wrong. Shipping is a little longer due to Customs Inspections routine but, I would use him again.

VK1EA
06-17-2019, 02:58 AM
I’m looking for one for an antenna project.

What are you building ?

Carlos VK1EA

VK1EA
06-17-2019, 03:03 AM
Go with https://www.ebay.com/usr/qro-stuff

I have made multiple purchases from this company, they never did me wrong.

Thanks for the hint. That auction side is a real minefield and on a race to the bottom.
I was sold fake VRF2933 few weeks ago and, despite having sent photos of the real thing Vs. the fake one (I was sold devices with a small flange/footprint) I had to jump through an endless sequence of hoops to get my money back because "I had not proven the devices to be counterfeit".