PDA

View Full Version : Twitter Is Weird

NQ6U
03-20-2019, 01:29 AM
I’ve been fairly active on Twitter since Trump’s inauguration with over 10K tweets that have been, to the best of my ability, mostly thoughtful and carefully written. After two and a half years I have a fewer than 500 followers, which is pretty pathetic by Twitter standards.

Yesterday, Rep. Devin Nunes filed a defamation lawsuit against Twitter and a couple of Twitter account holders: Devin Nunes’ Mom and Devin Nunes’ Cow. Twitter went crazy. Hundreds of new accounts mocking Nunes were spawned in a matter of hours. I decided to jump into the fray with Devin Nunes’ Left Nut (@leftdevin), with a pinned tweet of “Devin said he’d give me to become a congressman, now I’m in a jar somewhere in the Kremlin.”

I’ve made maybe a dozen tweets on that account, yet 24 hours later, it has over 100 followers.

Go figure.

koØm
03-20-2019, 01:42 PM
I’ve been fairly active on Twitter since Trump’s inauguration with over 10K tweets that have been, to the best of my ability, mostly thoughtful and carefully written. After two and a half years I have a fewer than 500 followers, which is pretty pathetic by Twitter standards.

Yesterday, Rep. Devin Nunes filed a defamation lawsuit against Twitter and a couple of Twitter account holders: Devin Nunes’ Mom and Devin Nunes’ Cow. Twitter went crazy. Hundreds of new accounts mocking Nunes were spawned in a matter of hours. I decided to jump into the fray with Devin Nunes’ Left Nut (@leftdevin), with a pinned tweet of “Devin said he’d give me to become a congressman, now I’m in a jar somewhere in the Kremlin.”

I’ve made maybe a dozen tweets on that account, yet 24 hours later, it has over 100 followers.

Go figure.

Quality over quantity!

@Just_2_Badd

NQ6U
03-20-2019, 07:06 PM
Quality over quantity!

@Just_2_Badd

Over 250 followers now. It took me over a year to get that many on my regular account.

WZ7U
03-20-2019, 07:33 PM
Since I don't do twatter, you get me as a follower here. That shit is priceless funny in my estimation. Carry on wayward son....

NQ6U
03-21-2019, 11:32 AM
Up to 343 followers as of 09:30 PDT

W3WN
03-21-2019, 03:42 PM
And they say, when it comes to politics and social media, that it never pays to stoop to the Lowest Common Denominator...:hahano:

kb2vxa
03-22-2019, 06:15 AM
Twaddler: "Great minds exchange idea, mediocre minds discuss events; small minds talk about people." Why would a left nut in a jar be so popular on Twaddler? Small minds talk twaddle. When Twitter and its twaddles first came out a noted Englishman called users twits, nothing has changed. It must be awfully boring sitting in that jar not understanding Russian. (But good for laughs, thanks.)

W7XF
03-22-2019, 11:20 AM
I do not use Twatter.

PA5COR
03-22-2019, 03:54 PM
I don't do social media at all, seems to be the best option.

n6hcm
03-23-2019, 12:55 AM
@henare ... but not on so much lately. i use tweetdeck when i'm on, and that helps me filter out so much of the outrage ...

suddenseer
03-23-2019, 09:38 AM
Carl, you are the only one I know on there so far.

VK1EA
03-24-2019, 02:34 AM
Up to 343 followers as of 09:30 PDT

These ones have more followers than you:

https://worldwideinterweb.com/the-50-dumbest-tweets-of-all-time/

kb2vxa
03-24-2019, 08:12 AM
So, are they vieing for the Pied Piper Award?

NQ6U
03-24-2019, 09:40 AM
These ones have more followers than you:

https://worldwideinterweb.com/the-50-dumbest-tweets-of-all-time/

Having been on Twitter for a while, I can’t even fathom choosing a mere fifty dumbest tweets out of all the dumb tweets on that site. I could come up with that many in a single day.

kb2vxa
03-25-2019, 08:15 AM
>IF< I had the slightest interest in "social media" aka twits, I could come up with the 50 dumbest in less than 50 seconds, just search tRump.

VK1EA
03-25-2019, 08:40 AM
I remember the beginnings of the internet, I was at the uni back then.

Internet was about a) knowledge and b) students sharing photos of lovely ladies with little or no clothes at all.

I don't know how we ended here.

KG4CGC
03-25-2019, 03:33 PM
Having been on Twitter for a while, I can’t even fathom choosing a mere fifty dumbest tweets out of all the dumb tweets on that site. I could come up with that many in a single day.

I haven't been a twit. I'm just getting into my groove with Instagram.

WZ7U
03-25-2019, 05:16 PM

Internet was about a) knowledge and b) students sharing photos of lovely ladies with little or no clothes at all.

Not enough bare naked ladies? :bbh: :dunno:

NQ6U
03-25-2019, 08:52 PM

Don't forget ASCII art. I remember a lot of that from the days when ASCII was all the internet could do, and some of it was remarkably good.