PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to change my username?

W1CA
03-09-2019, 09:54 AM
When I originally joined, I used my call sign (AB1VM) as my username. However, subsequently, I was able to get a two-letter call sign (W1CA). Can I change my username to W1CA? If so, how? Or, can I cancel my AB1VM membership, and create a new membership, I suppose using my real name as the username?
Thanks,
George W1CA

KC9ECI
03-09-2019, 10:23 AM
Does it matter? You joined in 2014 and this is your only post.

WZ7U
03-09-2019, 01:30 PM
It certainly is an easy thing for an administrator to perform, I had the same thing needing done a while back and it's no biggie. Congrats on the upgraded callsign. While lurking is not discouraged, feel free to jump into any topic you have an interest in. Asking questions is a good way to break the ice around here as well, so don't be shy. Most of us don't bite, and some of us will only gum you to death anyway.

Have patience, someone will be along shortly with a beverage of choice. Service gets a little slow around here during spring break, with all those pesky college co-eds and all....

ad4mg
03-09-2019, 02:55 PM
George,

The requested change has been made! As Tom commented, please do join the discussions when you feel inclined!

Congratulations on the new call... it will serve you well on SSB contacts!

Best 73,
Luke

When I originally joined, I used my call sign (AB1VM) as my username. However, subsequently, I was able to get a two-letter call sign (W1CA). Can I change my username to W1CA? If so, how? Or, can I cancel my AB1VM membership, and create a new membership, I suppose using my real name as the username?
Thanks,
George W1CA

W1CA
03-09-2019, 03:02 PM
Thank you, Luke! As time permits, I read quite a number of forums and other interesting sites. However, I rarely have anything intelligent enough to say to warrant a post.

-George W1CA

KG4CGC
03-09-2019, 03:14 PM
https://i.imgur.com/29OFBHI.jpg

WZ7U
03-09-2019, 03:34 PM
Thank you, Luke! As time permits, I read quite a number of forums and other interesting sites. However, I rarely have anything intelligent enough to say to warrant a post.

-George W1CA

That has never stopped me George! :spin:

Just ask the guy in my sig line, he'll tell ya!

KJ3N
03-10-2019, 09:29 AM
However, I rarely have anything intelligent enough to say to warrant a post.

That's never stopped anyone around here.

KC9ECI
03-10-2019, 05:38 PM
...I rarely have anything intelligent enough to say to warrant a post.

-George W1CA

You should fit right in with the rest of us then.

PA5COR
03-11-2019, 07:59 AM
^ Yep. ;)