PDA

View Full Version : Just Renewed

KG4CGC
01-23-2019, 10:31 PM
So I just renewed my AR license through the FCC website. Good till 2029. Where does the time go?
Seems that this time though, I will have to request and purchase the paper license indicating the expiration date of the renewal. To follow through on the rules, I will need the updated small card if I wish to operate mobile.

Anyway, governmental issues aside, I will have to wait until the government reopens before I may submit that request. I will probably also wait for the backlog to clear up.

VE7DCW
01-24-2019, 04:10 AM
Interesting with having to renew U.S. AR licenses ...... when you get a Canadian amateur radio license,it's yours for the rest of your life.....not bad for a life sentence! :mrgreen:

PA5COR
01-24-2019, 04:41 AM
Same here no renewal needed, license for life.
We can print everything needed from online, license, card to carry and change on line all details.
We do pay 50 euro's a year for it though...

WØTKX
01-24-2019, 12:33 PM
Just printed mine, shutdown or no... I kind of forget to print them

Log in to ULS Online Filing with your FCC Registration Number (FRN) and Password. ...
On the left-hand side of the screen, click Request Duplicates.
Select the licenses and click Add.
Click Continue to navigate through the application.

VE7DCW
01-24-2019, 07:57 PM
So I just renewed my AR license through the FCC website. Good till 2029. Where does the time go?
Seems that this time though, I will have to request and purchase the paper license indicating the expiration date of the renewal. To follow through on the rules, I will need the updated small card if I wish to operate mobile.

Anyway, governmental issues aside, I will have to wait until the government reopens before I may submit that request. I will probably also wait for the backlog to clear up.

Just out of curiousity.... do they charge a fee to renew your licence? :confused:

WZ7U
01-24-2019, 09:03 PM
Not yet. By the time my renewal comes around again they will want a DNA sample or something as ludicrous as that to renew. The felon question is bad enough...

KG4CGC
01-25-2019, 12:09 AM
No renewal fee unless you pay some organization to do it for you.
A simple Google search will take you straight to the renewal page.

KG4CGC
01-25-2019, 12:10 AM
Just printed mine, shutdown or no... I kind of forget to print them

Log in to ULS Online Filing with your FCC Registration Number (FRN) and Password. ...
On the left-hand side of the screen, click Request Duplicates.
Select the licenses and click Add.
Click Continue to navigate through the application.

This is a good thing. Thank you.