PDA

View Full Version : Data Held Hostage!

koØm
11-10-2018, 01:55 PM
Phucking Photobucket dot com has converted into a subscription site and, all your photos are being held hostage (for a monthly fee).

suddenseer
11-10-2018, 04:30 PM
Phucking Photobucket dot com has converted into a subscription site and, all your photos are being held hostage (for a monthly fee).

.A well known gay social media site (Rated PG) was purchased by a corporate raider, and got the left foot of fellowship from the gay community. They pulled the same shite, and we all know TOS that we all sign allows this liberty with our data.

N8YX
11-11-2018, 04:29 PM
A well known gay social media site (Rated PG) was purchased by a corporate raider, and got the left foot of fellowship from the gay community. They pulled the same shite, and we all know TOS that we all sign allows this liberty with our data.
Get the members of said site together and create another. Community funded, with elected trustees who manage the infrastructure. Legal agreements in place which state the domain or its contents can never be sold or used by an outside entity without full member consent.

PA5COR
11-12-2018, 04:16 AM
I don't upload anything in any cloud, just on my hard drives.
Not active on social media, so no problems there either.
;)

suddenseer
11-12-2018, 12:43 PM
I don't upload anything in any cloud, just on my hard drives.
Not active on social media, so no problems there either.
;)You don't count old Apache servers as social media? IRC? uSENET?

suddenseer
11-12-2018, 12:46 PM
Get the members of said site together and create another. Community funded, with elected trustees who manage the infrastructure. Legal agreements in place which state the domain or its contents can never be sold or used by an outside entity without full member consent.It kinda morphed into smart phone apps.

PA5COR
11-12-2018, 03:18 PM
Old memories......long time ago.

You don't count old Apache servers as social media? IRC? uSENET?