PDA

View Full Version : Amateur Radio Operator Penalized for Intentional Interference

koØm
07-05-2018, 02:33 PM
Pittsburgh-Area Individual Agrees to Pay Fine & Probationary License Downgrade.

WASHINGTON, July 3, 2018—The U.S. Department of Justice and the FederalCommunications Commission have reached a settlement with an amateur radio operator forintentionally causing interference to other amateur radio operators’ transmissions and failing toprovide station identification when transmitting. The FCC worked with the Office of the U.S.Attorney for the Western District of Pennsylvania to reach an agreement with Mr. Brian Crowarising from an FCC Forfeiture Order that found his behavior violated the CommunicationsAct and the Commission’s rules.

https://www.fcc.gov/document/amateur-radio-operator-penalized-intentional-interference

n6hcm
07-05-2018, 02:59 PM
how did this take so long?

WZ7U
07-05-2018, 04:38 PM
The wheels of justice are in low-low range?

KG4CGC
07-05-2018, 05:32 PM
Bureaucracy moves at the pace of geology.
-Ash Chackal

suddenseer
07-05-2018, 07:28 PM
Bureaucracy moves at the pace of geology.
-Ash ChackalThis will be sited, and the author will be appropriately credited.

N8YX
07-11-2018, 09:34 AM
I'd rather have a properly executed (albeit drawn out) legal process in place instead of a slap-dash, rush-the-decision counterpart which often penalizes the innocent.

Unless you're an FM pirate, of course. That means you get yourself sanctioned yesterday. /sarcasm

WØTKX
07-11-2018, 05:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOG0p5a12Z0

WZ7U
07-11-2018, 06:14 PM
Made it to eleven minutes.... interesting. But I have a car to fix right now.

suddenseer
07-11-2018, 07:20 PM
I remember getting my first OO wall paper. Those guys, and gals apparently fancy themselves as some sort of FCC law enforcement reality tv show. The first was when I was a rock bound 30 watt Novice. My modified 7 Mhz tx had a chirp that night, I was not aware of it. I got the OO notice about a month later. I was so frightened, I unhooked my transmitter. I remember walking to the local woods to smoke a joint to calm down. The second one came over 20 years later whist in a nightly SSB goofy assed 75 Meter Advanced/Extra sub band bunch of Firesign Theatre wannabes having radio fun after sunset on a cold winter night with no QRN.

I received an OO notice initiated by an apparent dumb fuck over what he/she perceived to be 18 seconds late with my station ID. When on HF SSB, I tended to be rather informal. That bothers some apparently. I found myself as a net member on the state wide ARES 75M net passing real "traffic". Blah, Blah, that just set me off. Yes, I am from the Meoff family, with cousin Jack.

I crumpled the OO otice, and bank shot off the wall into the waste paper basket in my shack. Fekken radio barney fife!