PDA

View Full Version : My Unintended VHF Contest

n2ize
06-30-2018, 01:34 PM
I just happened to be monitoring the 2 meter FM simplex calling frequency a couple weeks ago on my cheap Chinese HT during the VHF contest and low and behold I just happened to hear a contesting station calling in. So I gave him a call with my 4 - 5 watts into a rubber ducky and we established contact , exchanged information and wished each other good luck in the contest. Now it probably helped that the station was a repeater club across the Hudson river and probably had the luxury of a good antenna mounted a few hundred feet high up on the ol' Armstrong tower over on the Palisades overlooking my area. But then a contact is a contact is a contact...

w2amr
07-08-2018, 06:56 PM
I just happened to be monitoring the 2 meter FM simplex calling frequency a couple weeks ago on my cheap Chinese HT during the VHF contest and low and behold I just happened to hear a contesting station calling in. So I gave him a call with my 4 - 5 watts into a rubber ducky and we established contact , exchanged information and wished each other good luck in the contest. Now it probably helped that the station was a repeater club across the Hudson river and probably had the luxury of a good antenna mounted a few hundred feet high up on the ol' Armstrong tower over on the Palisades overlooking my area. But then a contact is a contact is a contact...
Are you going to send in a log?:mrgreen:

n2ize
07-09-2018, 01:27 PM
Are you going to send in a log?:mrgreen:

Maybe they'll send me an award for the fewest stations worked over the longest amount of time.

suddenseer
07-09-2018, 07:39 PM
I would turn it in. Wallpaper is wallpaper. It cannot hurt.