PDA

View Full Version : W8MAI Field Day: 2018

KD8TUT
06-26-2018, 09:20 AM
Had a great field day this year. Was running the 2/6 meter station. Worked a nice pileup on 6. Made a few on 2. And other club members operated and made even more contacts on those bands.

Here's a short video of the event. I'll post some pics separately...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if1NE4j3N00

N8YX
06-26-2018, 09:36 AM
There was a big 6M opening last year during the event. I couldn't work much due to the fact that the only 50MHz antenna up in the air at the moment is vertically polarized.

This year...the bands were so "meh" that I didn't work any of it. Had a friend visit Saturday afternoon, showed her what all the hubbub was about then we went hiking. Would have been nice to get a few contacts in the log with a guest op at the mic.

KD8TUT
06-28-2018, 09:22 AM
There was a big 6M opening last year during the event. I couldn't work much due to the fact that the only 50MHz antenna up in the air at the moment is vertically polarized.

This year...the bands were so "meh" that I didn't work any of it. Had a friend visit Saturday afternoon, showed her what all the hubbub was about then we went hiking. Would have been nice to get a few contacts in the log with a guest op at the mic.

6 was touchy for us in SW MI. We had a 12 minute blast of "WOW OMG IT'S OPEN!!!!" to the east coast. Then nothing. And then it became a hunt and peck operation for a while. I was remoted back to my home station for the panadapter so I could see what was happening. In the evening the band opened to Florida and west through to Texas.

Sunday was dicey. But one of my favorite hams got on and tore it up on CW.