PDA

View Full Version : Gotta love these effin updates

WZ7U
06-15-2018, 11:07 PM
I know most all of you are more computer savvy than I, hence my grousing here. It seems Win X and Dell have decided I needed "updating", which seems to be altogether too frequent. Usually it fritzes the audio or a printer which is usually a quick tour through settings to get it to recognize something. Today, the screen grew a couple percent. I mean, all the icons at the edges of the desktop bleed out into no man's land as well as any webpage I view. I've been going through any settings I can think of and nothing seems to phase this. It's gotta be super simple, so have you all run into something as nefariously stupid as this on your system after one of these effing "updates"? Stupid shitass software these days!

Thanks for pondering my dilemma. I really hate it when they mess my shit up.

WZ7U
06-15-2018, 11:19 PM
Oh, I notice too the font and size seem off as well. #%@$$&!*#@!

n6hcm
06-16-2018, 12:44 AM
"all too frequent" is usualy once/month, on "patch tuesday." and, honestly, you really do want this ... but if you think you know better go into settings and turn it off.

KG4CGC
06-16-2018, 01:00 AM
1st one seems good fo sar. Still waiting on the second one.

WZ7U
06-16-2018, 01:57 AM
I suppose I see the utility in doing this as necessary. I get fixing security holes. My main lament is not knowing how to put shit back, display and settings wise, to how I had it prior. It pisses me off when they make the borders disappear, and you can't find the tab to make the window smaller. Yeah, it's fucking windoze and I don't see that changing anytime soon. I just want my shit to work like it did before the patch.

I suppose that's too much to ask in this day and age.....

VE7DCW
06-16-2018, 12:59 PM
I have been hit with daily updates to my Windows 7 for almost 4 months now! They could be trying to sneak something by me or not.It is very strange......but as long as Win 7 keeps performing for me I'll just let it go at that.......:dunno:

PA5COR
06-16-2018, 05:05 PM
Last week had a large update on W10, no changes in size of piccie on the 17"lappie though.
Use Ctrl - to change font size or set percentage of sizing a bit lower.

KG4CGC
06-16-2018, 05:35 PM
I have been hit with daily updates to my Windows 7 for almost 4 months now! They could be trying to sneak something by me or not.It is very strange......but as long as Win 7 keeps performing for me I'll just let it go at that.......:dunno:

It's WinX with a Win7 skin.

WZ7U
06-16-2018, 06:58 PM
Last week had a large update on W10, no changes in size of piccie on the 17"lappie though.
Use Ctrl - to change font size or set percentage of sizing a bit lower.

Cor, I tried that. It did nothing. Then, as I was spooling up the search gizmo to start an all out balls to the wall blitz to figure this out, all of a sudden things started acting like they have been and should be. I use the control ± thing so my blind ass can see stuff all the time, but I've never seen it work on the desktop before. Was this divine timing? Or something else? Only the shadow knows....

Thanks for the input though. I knew I could trust you guys to come through. Till the next update, crossing all appendages... :icon_wink: :-D

i hate windoze