PDA

View Full Version : where to buy stuff?

n6hcm
05-21-2018, 10:21 AM
i'm about to spend (now that i have a windfall) ... i've bought from gigaparts and hro in the past. any reason not to keep doing this? (gigaparts doesn't have one of the bits i want right now, so that's a reason, but ... )

N8YX
05-21-2018, 11:32 AM
Universal and R&L have always treated me well, as has DX Engineering. Likewise Gigaparts, HRO and HamCity.

n6hcm
05-21-2018, 12:08 PM
i had planned to look at dx engineering (i won a prize with them last year, so they're in mind) ... gigaparts is out of the main bits of what i need. hamcity i totally forgot about. prices are mostly the same everywhere ... i just don't want to find myself in a spot when things are arriving weeks after i order them (i'm travelling mid-june and don't want crap piling up on my porch).

thanks!

N8YX
05-21-2018, 12:44 PM
I'd look at DX.

They're usually VERY fast WRT shipping and getting things from a warehouse. I may be a bit biased, as I'm about 20min from their main showroom. Bad, BAD place to visit for someone with a speed jones in addition to a ham radio hobby.

n6hcm
05-21-2018, 01:23 PM
lol ... i've already placed the dx engineering order. i'll check one of the other places for the small bits (i need to replace the power supply i left in california, and since one of the things is a HT i need to buy all the accessories that go with it (desk charger, programming software, ...).